KR Zero-One 31 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:21 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
82%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Re: KR Zero-One 31 released

Post by kevinlafriday »

I get it now. My problem with this series is rooted more from my ideal and expectation of what this show delivers. I'm sure Aruto means well with his policy regarding humagears. However, it just doesn't sit right with me with this whole "humanizing" humagears stuff. Weren't they created to support humanity in the first place? If they are allowed to dream and that dream incidentally doesn't include supporting people's work like they are supposed to do, it means that Hiden (both company and the MC) is just creating a new "race" and hoping they'd live happily ever after without any structural and social repercussions.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

kevinlafriday wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:05 am I get it now. My problem with this series is rooted more from my ideal and expectation of what this show delivers. I'm sure Aruto means well with his policy regarding humagears. However, it just doesn't sit right with me with this whole "humanizing" humagears stuff. Weren't they created to support humanity in the first place? If they are allowed to dream and that dream incidentally doesn't include supporting people's work like they are supposed to do, it means that Hiden (both company and the MC) is just creating a new "race" and hoping they'd live happily ever after without any structural and social repercussions.
They stopped being 'just' humanity's support when they started gaining sentience on their own. Hiden can't (and shouldn't) just undo that. That's been clear since the very first episode.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i need someone to explain the last part too me.

So is that the Assistant? or is it not? or is that just a random humagear? I'm really confused and it hurts.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

The joke is that Siesta is not Aruto's assistant, and thus didn't wanna be there. (I think.)
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Aeikozz wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:52 pm i need someone to explain the last part too me.

So is that the Assistant? or is it not? or is that just a random humagear? I'm really confused and it hurts.
I don't think so. It was just a random Humagear that he don't know and Humagear was tossed away by someone. By chance Aruto select who it should be. I think Siesta was Jun's secretary so that's why she said not his secretart. But there is no Vice President in Hiden Manufacturing so no point to be another secretary. But is there even the chance for a company that has two secretary instead of one for the same person/boss?
Last edited by hiro9796 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Which is a shame, because I'd like to see her do some more. At least the other two Hiden regulars are supposed to be comic relief. She just kind of exists.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think Siesta is hilariously personally.

But what's weird is:
A) That Humagear probably had an identity and personality before. Did that get damaged/erased?
B) What makes a Humagear revert to its base form? When Izu was off (and other unconscious Humagears), she still retained her form. But the Siesta v2 was in her base form.
C) Apparently it's illegal to create a Humagear of a living of formerly living human being. But apparently Humagears can take on whatever form they want. That seems like a dangerously broken power that should be touched upon more.
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

BreadToku wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:29 am
kevinlafriday wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:05 am I get it now. My problem with this series is rooted more from my ideal and expectation of what this show delivers. I'm sure Aruto means well with his policy regarding humagears. However, it just doesn't sit right with me with this whole "humanizing" humagears stuff. Weren't they created to support humanity in the first place? If they are allowed to dream and that dream incidentally doesn't include supporting people's work like they are supposed to do, it means that Hiden (both company and the MC) is just creating a new "race" and hoping they'd live happily ever after without any structural and social repercussions.
They stopped being 'just' humanity's support when they started gaining sentience on their own. Hiden can't (and shouldn't) just undo that. That's been clear since the very first episode.
Exactly. Which is why i sort of hoped the show would explore more on weighing decisions between giving these sentient humagear "rights" and still prioritizing humanity (by preventing sentience of humagears, etc.), along with the consequences that come from either options. This is the character growth that i'd expected from Hiden Aruto. Either way, I would like the characters to show just one layer deeper on the "WHY". Not simply going like "ZAIA wants to destroy humagears. ZAIA BAD"; "Humagears develop sentience. Humagears BAD".

Clear reasoning and exposition are very integral parts for good world-building.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's also a childrens television show made to sell toys. Don't get your expectations up too much.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

The wiki page says the satellite name was spelled "ZEA". But I thought I saw "There" in the episode. Was this something, or was it just very good typesetting stuff from TV-Nihon?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think I know why Zero-One is working better for me than Ghost: Every Kamen Rider series has to do four things - build a world, develop characters, move a plot along, and sell toys. In Ghost, the problem was that the toys (the Eye-Cons) were each associated with a supernatural being who needed time to have their character developed. Since they had a cubic crapton of Eye-Cons, that used up a large percentage of screen time so the other three areas suffered. In Zero-One, the power-ups are associated with animals which don't need any character development, so Zero-One could waste half of the second third of the show on a repetitive contest without feeling like they were going to run out of episodes. So, non-actor toys seem to work better than actor associated toys. Well, that and continuity.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:59 am The wiki page says the satellite name was spelled "ZEA". But I thought I saw "There" in the episode. Was this something, or was it just very good typesetting stuff from TV-Nihon?
Haha, thanks for reading the wiki! Yeah, it says ZEA in the original text, but I covered it over. The Humagear key is also spelled Shesta. I dunno, but for some reason these just seemed wrong to me. Like how they keep writing Humagia or Magia instead of Humagear or Magear.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

It comes back down to non native English speakers trying to use English to sound cool again.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I curse this series sometimes because of the naming, I can't unhear Zea and There or magia and magear now
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:13 pm I think Siesta is hilariously personally.

But what's weird is:
A) That Humagear probably had an identity and personality before. Did that get damaged/erased?
B) What makes a Humagear revert to its base form? When Izu was off (and other unconscious Humagears), she still retained her form. But the Siesta v2 was in her base form.
C) Apparently it's illegal to create a Humagear of a living of formerly living human being. But apparently Humagears can take on whatever form they want. That seems like a dangerously broken power that should be touched upon more.
A and B) It's possible that it was just a base humagear discarded before any personalization happened. Death would also do cause them to revert as the firefighter humagear was in his base form after his sacrifice. If it were discarded then chances are the data was destroyed as well.
C) The form data is probably stored in the progrise key. So it's less taking on whatever form they want and more of using the data available. There is also probably a database of acceptable forms somewhere.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”