KR Zero-One 33 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 10, 2020 7:28 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21
DeMatgic
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Quote: Busters, ready... GO!
Type: INFP Healer

Re: KR Zero-One 33 released

Post by DeMatgic »

With this episode finally comes Yaiba joining the Thouser Ass-Kicking club, and while it was indeed satisfying to watch, I can definitely agree that it comes a bit too late. As in I'm not at all sure about why she kept lashing out at Fuwa after he broke the mind-control and only now figured ZAIA wasn't worth the physical and verbal abuse (though my mind was drawing an odd parallel to Infinite in that regard "I'm not weak"/"I'm not a tool" and all that jazz). Otherwise, I was all for the return of Yaiba's Rushing Cheetah and Lightning Hornet forms, topping it off with her finally rider-kicking and then blasting Thouser in the face.

Just wish she'll use Fighting Jackal in the Shotriser at some point.

Back when this episode first aired, someone edited EXCITE over the scene where Gai tells Fuwa that his memories were fake because it really screams of Kuroto's announcement of Emu having the Bugster Virus. And on the topic of callbacks, I like that Fuwa finally announces that he no longer has any need for hatred, mirroring E14 where he said all he needed was his rage and, by extension, his hatred.

I don't need to explain why I have this 1920x1080 screenshot, do I?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Alternate title: I am a strong Kamen Rider female, I don't need a man to tell me what to do.

Alternate line for Hirobi at the end: "Was it you? Was it you who laughed at my friend?"
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

hiro9796 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:48 pm Usually, I would give zero one a 5 for making me excited but I give this episode 3 star. I don't feel the tension or vibe that felt rather disturbing whenever Gai was talking about something evil or like that. And it does not feel passionate too for the heroes to kick the villains' butt so easily. Either it is the influence of COVID 19 in giving me a wrong perspective or the story focusing on Yua to become Valkryie again does not feel earnest as it should like when Hiden Intelligence was defeated in the last round.
Probably because the real mayhem will start next episode where it appears that those that are using ZAIA specs are going berserk. I think I understood the endgame of the Ark and MetsubouJinrai here which also explains why Horobi didn't do a thing when the recall happened. The Ark predicted that Aruto will protect the Humagear data while the distribution of ZAIA specs will extend. I mean, humanity is already at war by its own self even before the Humagears came to existence and the Ark found it easier for them to destroy each other than use the Humagears to do so.

Also I want to share this:

Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I do like when they use finisher stuff for out of suit humour. It's the one thing that is guaranteed to work no matter the series.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

On one hand, I'm quite glad for the return of competent Yua. On the other hand, I'm annoyed they went this route with her character in the first place. I feel they could have accomplished close to the same thing while not making her subservient.

But holy hell....when she finally turns on Gai, she doesn't pull her punches. Literally. I dunno what I liked more. The punch or the fact that she shot him point blank in the face.

False Memories.....here's what I don't get...when were these memories implanted? Don't think that Fuwa would have had his chip implanted as a teenager. And wouldn't such false memories cause red flags to pop up with similar memories around that time frame? Only way I could see this working is if he blacked out during that time. But even then...wouldn't he remember that he didn't have such irrational hatred of humagears at the time? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this

Horobi and Jin continue to be interesting characters compared to Gai's cartoonish villiany. Yua going with them in the end doesn't surprise me as she probably wants to help Fuwa. You know Horobi and Ark is up to something, but so far, their goals align with the heroes.

Zero One's got it's groove back, now that the Workplace Competition is over. Looking forward to seeing what's next.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:00 am False Memories.....here's what I don't get...when were these memories implanted? Don't think that Fuwa would have had his chip implanted as a teenager. And wouldn't such false memories cause red flags to pop up with similar memories around that time frame? Only way I could see this working is if he blacked out during that time. But even then...wouldn't he remember that he didn't have such irrational hatred of humagears at the time? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this
We don't have to think much about it. And the assumption I come up goes like this. Before the start of the series, Isamu was indeed AIMS leader and at the same time, this organisation was also of military level. In addition, military forces have access to new technology that was not used for public. Being a soldier, Isamu was invited in doing the test run of new weapon, AIMS Shot Riser and agreed to it since the inviter think he can give good data with his skilled marksmanship or anything. Yua or anyone ZAIA related presumably knocked him cold with stun gun or with sleeping pills, whatever it is to make Isamu unconscious during the time and place of the promise, then perform the chip implantation, erased the memories regarding this and Isamu worked as usual not knowing the truth. Combined with Gai doing the fake memories implantation at that time as well would make the situation seems plausible and sensible Isamu does not know he had an AI chip in his brain. Yua should have been the first to receive the operation since she knew well what happened while Isamu forgot. How the process looks like of to put it without leaving a crack on the head, I don't want to know.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

You could also assume that the memories were install when he became a kamen rider. As you could probably install memories that tell the user this happened when he was a kid.

must be one fucked up orientation though. Go in to get fitted for shit come out thinking some humagear killed your dad when in reality he just left to go get the milk from the corner store and never returned.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah. Also Fuwa doesn't remember getting the chip installed, so what's the deal with that? How'd they manage to sneak that into his thick head?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

ZAIA technology. Ain't got to explain shit.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

Catastrophe wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:12 am ZAIA technology. Ain't got to explain shit.
My thoughts exactly. Its 1000% so superior than what reality currently had.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Well, he doesn't remember because once installed, the memories were erased. It's an AI Chip so any inconsistencies would be taken care of by the AI.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

No idea what was going on with the music during the sunset scene, but ABOUT FUCKING TIME YUA. Hell yeah.
KRMonkey
Go Go!
Quote: ...dynamic chop!
Type: INFP Healer

Post by KRMonkey »

Very satisfying episode, but yes, we shouldn't have had to wait for so many episodes. I'd have been happier if Yua had capped everything off by breaking Thouser's driver, which, like Yua's self-emancipation, is heavily overdue.

I don't think it was being hunted down by Zaia that made things click for Yua, but rather Fuwa's explanation about how his emotions were able to overcome the chip. Yua is so rational it had probably never occurred to her. Well, and there are reasons to believe that she was flat-out under tighter control than Fuwa.

Among the many awesome things here was Yua finally saying "henshin" after weeks of "equip;" taking her place back among the show's heroes. I'll be curious to see whether Yua will use Fighting Jackal again, and if so, whether there will be any changes to the suit's helmet. Does the Jackal ProgRise key work in the ShotRiser?

My one remaining Yua-related worry after this episode is that the Naki storyline will end up with Naki taking over Yua's body. As cathartic as this episode was, I'm not yet confident the show won't revert to underserving the character.

Also, I know this is a ridiculous point to gripe about in a toku show (the long history of sixth-hero power levels in Sentai hasn't eluded me,) but it bothers me how much less effective Metal Hopper has become since its introduction. I understand the plot reasons why Zero-One needed to be sidelined during this episode, but it was a little painful watching him get that distracted by two minion not-actually-Riders.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG

Now, count up your sins!

Post by hiro9796 »

KRMonkey wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 am Among the many awesome things here was Yua finally saying "henshin" after weeks of "equip;" taking her place back among the show's heroes. I'll be curious to see whether Yua will use Fighting Jackal again, and if so, whether there will be any changes to the suit's helmet. Does the Jackal ProgRise key work in the ShotRiser?
True, that alone is something everyone looked forward for. All progrise key works with all transformation device except Thousandriver, only on the finisher part. Meaning, Fighting Jackal is possible in ShotRiser, ForceRiser, SlashRiser, Zero One Driver and others. It depends whether Toei is going to get a new or reuse suit for Valkryie even if she had the key. Probably not because Zero One Final Form will be the priority.

I haven't watch the review for SlashRiser yet but I know one thing for sure. From a toy perspective, the standard progrise keys, even the Legend Riders, all had problems with the phrase timing for transformation when used with anything other than Zero One Driver and Thousandriver. The sounds from ShotRiser was loud that it overlapped the phrase and the force riser just Break Down in the middle of the phrase. Rising Hopper's phrase really got it very close before Break Down. From the second episode, when Vulcan transform, the ShotRiser was too loud and the phrase just sinks with it. Only next episode afterwards they tone it down. Otherwise without turning on the ShotRiser, it works better but no proper like the show.

In case no one have yet to notice, the english phrases are just using the text to speech program, for the most parts, using James (US) voice and reverb effects. So yeah, "A jump to the sky turns to a riderkick", is how you want to input just to make it identical with the sounds from the toy itself.

The progrise keys that worked well with AIMS ShotRiser and ForceRiser in terms of phrase timing is Metal Cluster Hopper and Assault Wolf. Break Down, No chance of surviving and It's High Quality.
KRMonkey wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:47 am Also, I know this is a ridiculous point to gripe about in a toku show (the long history of sixth-hero power levels in Sentai hasn't eluded me,) but it bothers me how much less effective Metal Hopper has become since its introduction. I understand the plot reasons why Zero-One needed to be sidelined during this episode, but it was a little painful watching him get that distracted by two minion not-actually-Riders.
I guess this is also why I gave this episode 3 stars. But I do agree we need Valkryie back on the show and Yua hadn't been doing anything major apart from being Gai's tool.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I feel like I should pull a Woz and shout Iwae for Yua returning as a rider and give Gai a punch he deserves, even if it took longer than needed I think. Especially like when she punched him, it's like the finishers. That's sticking it to the man Yua, next time do it EARLIER!

Fuwa's memories being false, on the one hand that's slightly interesting but on the other hand it feels like it came out of left field so I don't know what to think

5 stars for Yua's return as a rider
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”