KR Zero-One 34 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2020 12:12 am

☆☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆☆
31%
☆☆☆
13%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 34 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.55 / 5 (20 votes)

Alt Title: Save Midori!

Did I miss something, why did Yaiba recall Horobi saying he'll destroy humanity as her reason for agreeing to help Jin.

Damn Fuwa, you sure are a terrible bodyguard.

Man, that's cold Horobi. I hope Aruto is keeping his back ups. Kind of dislike that it's always the lady Humagears that just straight up die.

Otherwise, kind of an interesting episode. Looking forward to seeing what Naki is up to with their newfound independence (and hopefully more personality?). Aruto, you may have failed to kill Horobi, but you can certainly tattle about it to Jin!

Like that they put out the Oronamin C commercial only after Yaiba stops being a tool for evil
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zero-One 34 released

Post by Aeikozz »

i don't get power levels. like how the fuck can aruto not completely obliterate horobi by now?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Aeikozz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:46 am i don't get power levels. like how the fuck can aruto not completely obliterate horobi by now?
Let's face it, Aruto just doesn't try very hard at first. Then maybe in the second battle or the followup episode he finally wakes up and does his shachouing.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Okay so I know she couldn't have known the outcome, but the first thing Yua does after leaving ZAIA, is revive a Humagear that causes a horrific situation, oops. I do like that we got some comedy moments with her and Isamu though. XD
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Shuya Sunagawa & Seiji Takaiwa in top form this episode.

Looks like the terrorists are making a comeback. Glad this is happening because I want Amatsu to get dunked on ASAP while Sakuragi gets the flowers.

Alright episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'll be the first to admit that there isn't really any depth when it comes to Horobi. He's an evil robot who wants to kill all humans, and that's really been all there is to him. But I will also admit to really liking him because he's just really cool... His actor gives just the right enough amount of smug menace to his otherwise monotone performance, and I love how he fights as a Rider. He didn't need a power-up to beat on Thouser and now Shining Hopper, he just went and became more skilled!

It does look like we're potentially diving a little bit more into his character now though, and I've no strong prediction or hopes for how that might go, other than I hope he and Jin finally come to a head on their disagreements.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Just a minor nitpick but in the next episode preview, Horobi supposedly said ZAIA, we will eliminate/eradicate you but it was written, ZAIA will eliminate you.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I know that one isn't supposed to worry too hard about consistency, but when Midori (green get it? Gotta get Aruto!) gets kidnapped, couldn't Izu worked some There magic and deactivated Midori and restored Midori to a different model, leaving Horobi with nothing but a blank humageer?

So, Gai has "cat tongue" (inability to handle hot food)?

Fuwa should have not turned his back on Yaiba after she showed in the previous episode that she has a violent side.

I think the vice-president's yes man wishes that Siesta was back.

Wow, cyber security is really the lowest level priority for these two technology giants.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

No. Humagear backups aren't stored on the satellite anymore and need to be manually backed up on their progrise keys.
Aeikozz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:46 am i don't get power levels. like how the fuck can aruto not completely obliterate horobi by now?
Its part inconsistent writing (like why use Shining Hopper?), but at least Horobi has advanced Ark based learning (he did go toe to toe with Thouzer after getting his key back).

I have to agree with the sentiment with Horobi. He's totally one dimensional and not really even his own character, more an extension of the arc, but I love it when he does stuff because he always comes across as threatening.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

hiro9796 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:12 pm Just a minor nitpick but in the next episode preview, Horobi supposedly said ZAIA, we will eliminate/eradicate you but it was written, ZAIA will eliminate you.
Oh dang, that's Horobi talking. For some reason I thought it was Gai since he was on screen. My mistake.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

The final showdown for the future of humanity and Humagear alike is beginning to reach its climax, and the ride (at least until the competition phase) has been greatly enjoyable.

Still, the biggest plot hole is how come neither Aruto or Gai destroyed the Ark when both of them know of it's existence and location. Hell, after Metal Cluster Hopper debuted, Aruto (or at least Izu) had knowledge of Metsuboujinrai.net location/base and didn't bother destroying it or raiding it to see what's there.

takenoko wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:12 am Did I miss something, why did Yaiba recall Horobi saying he'll destroy humanity as her reason for agreeing to help Jin.

Yeah, I'm lost there too. As a guess, the writer isn't ready to pull the trigger on that particular Chekov gun yet, though her K.O. Karate Chop to Fuwa got a smile out of me. Does that actually work or is it just a TV Trope? I really wish we saw her carrying Fuwa, just for giggles.

Jin showing concern for Fuwa was also an interesting tidbit. Can't wait to see how that pays off.
resop2 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:53 pm I know that one isn't supposed to worry too hard about consistency, but when Midori (green get it? Gotta get Aruto!) gets kidnapped, couldn't Izu worked some There magic and deactivated Midori and restored Midori to a different model, leaving Horobi with nothing but a blank humagear?
You forget, neither of them have access to the 3D printer in Hiden Enterprises since the T.B.O. and with Gai scrapping most of the Humagear's in production, finding a blank one to restore her to isn't entirely doable.

I wonder what Naki's Kamen Rider form will look like? Fuwa is already Vulcan, Ikazuchi was Dodo, Horobi is still the Scorpion (though I do wish he got an upgrade) and Jin is now a Phoenix. If it's some form of amphibian or fish, I'm laughing at the irony.

I have a few concerns about that vegetable factory's hiring/business practices. All of Hatakeyama's systems were managed by AI and Midori, yet when she was taken (and their system sabotaged during the attack I assume) that left the factory in such dire straits that the factory owner had to run most of the production by himself. Granted, I can understand if most of the employee's left because who the hell would want to work after an attack by a terrorist organization, but without sufficient man power to harvest those vegetables, the majority of that produce would've gone to waste. Moments like these are why I am sympathetic with Gai's philosophy that humanity doesn't need Humagears, but also cautious about the use of A.I. to 'advance' them as well.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

The running gag of Yaiba smacking Fuwa and knocking him out was pretty much the best part of this episode by far. ALSO, since we're on episode 35 now and Metal Cluster Hopper is basically "god mode" for Aruto, can we confirm that it's zero-one's ultimate form at this point???
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

FangTrigger wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:46 pm The final showdown for the future of humanity and Humagear alike is beginning to reach its climax, and the ride (at least until the competition phase) has been greatly enjoyable.

Still, the biggest plot hole is how come neither Aruto or Gai destroyed the Ark when both of them know of it's existence and location. Hell, after Metal Cluster Hopper debuted, Aruto (or at least Izu) had knowledge of Metsuboujinrai.net location/base and didn't bother destroying it or raiding it to see what's there.
Bro, no offence but I think you missed the point here and forgot to watch everything that was released so far. Hiden Intelligence is not a weapon producing facility for armies, like ZAIA Enterprise to AIMS. The public's trust would plummet because they are producing Humagears that would contribute to the society and improve their lifestyle. Plus, Aruto is still a greenhorn, naive guy who believed in the good, and even if he isn't, ordering to create a military weapon would raise suspicions from his underlings. Remember, Aruto needs consent from his staffs along with permission from the government as well or otherwise, he's resigning as Zero One. Sure, Aruto could go down there with Biting Shark but Ark is probably more sturdy than what Aruto can handle to destroy just the ruins of the satellite. Plus, even if Ark is not fully active before, it would not let itself be destroyed and put up some defence system to protect itself.
And in case if you forget, all of this started from the first episode because it was revealed that Gai was the mastermind, a corrupt CEO, who sabotaged Ark in the first place, in episode 16 specifically.

Furthermore, starting from episode 29 and I emphasise, Gai sees EVERYONE as his TOOLS, even in this episode. It wouldn't be surprising if he viewed Ark the same way as he did to Isamu and Yua because he even took the Thouser Keys from Daybreak town for becoming Thouser himself. He think of them as means to expand his business. In case you don't realise yet by episode 29 and 30, Gai had bought off the government, AIMS and everyone pretty much obeys him now. "The reason he did not eliminate Aruto? What's the point? He can't do anything," That's how Gai views him by episode 29 and 30. Plus, Gai was being the naive one at that time since he miscalculated the possibilities of unexpected outcome due to his victory over Hiden Intelligence.
FangTrigger wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:46 pm I have a few concerns about that vegetable factory's hiring/business practices. All of Hatakeyama's systems were managed by AI and Midori, yet when she was taken (and their system sabotaged during the attack I assume) that left the factory in such dire straits that the factory owner had to run most of the production by himself. Granted, I can understand if most of the employee's left because who the hell would want to work after an attack by a terrorist organization, but without sufficient man power to harvest those vegetables, the majority of that produce would've gone to waste. Moments like these are why I am sympathetic with Gai's philosophy that humanity doesn't need Humagears, but also cautious about the use of A.I. to 'advance' them as well.
Humagears had been part of the society at least for a decade now. Just accept that, it's not their first year Humagears exist, from the stories timeline. True, Humagear might be taking jobs from humans, in case of Aruto with Gut Busting Taro but Korenosuke, in episode 5, posthumously, did not mentioned Humagears are just do work, which I perceived, it was supposed to encourage humans to perform better. In case you think of just only the cons, there are also pros too. If Humagears did not exist, the Hatakeyama Vegetable Factory may not be as good as they are in this episode. Humagears existence also provided the opportunity for people that had low income from existing jobs to start new business, just like this factory, which also increases the job employment rate for humans too. In case you don't know, ZAIA Specs came at least after Humagears become public main choice before it was commercialize to the public again after Humagears' reputation fell off. To begin with, humans are imperfect, that is why they rely on each other, create inventions that would help people, and Humagears were also created because of this.

Before you even question about Humagears, I prefer to question why Aruto still uses puns as his jokes as opposed to other methods, if he really insisted that he wanted to make people smile, WHEN he WAS a comedian and he realised puns DOES NOT WORK?

And now lots of people in the current world lose their existing jobs or source of income because of Covid 19. Same thing happened with what Gai did in this series by recalling all humagears from all sectors in the first place.
From my perspective, Aruto had become soft after receiving progrise hopper blade because he can just whack them with finishers and they all become normal again. He thought of doing that to Horobi as well, to some extent. But please remember, by episode 30, he got this arguement with Jin of destroying Humagears. At the start of the series, there is no method to help Humagears that got hacked without destroying them. But now there is, with the Progrise Hopper Blade. So, from Aruto's point of view, he thinks of this as a solution to end further influence from Ark's hacking. It also extends that he cared about Horobi too, for being a descendant of Hiden Soreo, in my opinion anyway. I mean, Horobi would not be created from scratch to be a different father Humagear. He should be created based on existing data.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

WannaFantaMan wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:54 pm ALSO, since we're on episode 35 now and Metal Cluster Hopper is basically "god mode" for Aruto, can we confirm that it's zero-one's ultimate form at this point???
No. Final forms don't usually appear until episode 40 now.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

think it was at least Drive or Ghost that started pushing final form episodes back a little further towards mid and late 30s
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”