KR Zero-One 35 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 24, 2020 7:30 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 35 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.44 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: The end is here

Dunno if it's because I'm bummed about the lack of episodes for the rest of the month, but this episode just didn't really do it for me. Like I say in my notes, I'm tired of these meaningless battles with no consequences. Horobi kills Midori? She gets restored by the end of the episode. Horobi defeats Gai's army. Army is allowed to walk away to fight another day.

Horobi and Jin get away with the Ikazuchi Memory, but by the end of the episode Aruto is protecting Horobi and letting him walk away. Is Horobi an unrepentant terrorist or what?

Also, Metal Cluster being able to create platforms is tremendously cool and overpowered. So why isn't Zero-One just wrecking everyone else?

Notes:
-No one was able to slap the glasses off those ZAIAspec guys?

-Izu, why'd you stop Aruto from chasing down Horobi and Jin?

-One thing that I wish they'd fix about Rider stories is the lack of meaningful battles. I hate seeing Gai or Horobi just walk away and other characters just letting them.

-Is Naki really not going to get a Rider form. They made a suit for Ikazuchi for one episode...
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zero-One 35 released

Post by Aeikozz »

I see naki getting wolf's previous form. Simply because it's avaliable and this covid shit going down means less resources they gotta worry about.

oh Aruto. the he reminds me alot of Den-O and not realizing how much power he really has and how to use it. I feel like he's limited by his imagination. He could probably do all kinds of things he's just not thinking about it.

what your wishing for is for 『Kamen Rider Zero-One』to go dark. Kamen Riders don't have the balls to do that anymore. They'll tease the fuck out of it but.. they won't follow through with it anymore. Sad this is this show does need to go dark to get it's point across.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Of course, Amatsu still walks after Horobi hands him his ass. It's fine really. The flowers for Sakuragi can wait.

Yeah, Aruto's gonna have to step it up if the terrorists start wrecking.

Takahashi, I'm aware that the invisible enemy's getting to people, but come on, do better.

Best of luck to the show's cast & production crew during these trying times. Take all the time you need, stay safe.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Although I don't know why Naki's "double" joke was funny (though to be fair Fuwa laughs at anything), I did find it highly amusing that she did an Aruto routine.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Xirix wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:43 am Although I don't know why Naki's "double" joke was funny (though to be fair Fuwa laughs at anything), I did find it highly amusing that she did an Aruto routine.
It's just a pun. Fuwa-san no futon ga fuwatto futtonda
不破の布団がフワっとふっとんだ。
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Ah, the japanese do seem to love their puns don't they? Despite like, 90% of puns not being funny. Thanks for spelling it out. ^^
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's like everyones personal revelation involves finishing by beating the shit out of Thouser. It's getting old.

The one thing this episode made me realise is that I really like Horobi, but I can't quite put my finger on why. He hardly does anything, but when he does it's usually awesome. He's also an unrepentant murder robot, with no real redeeming qualities (unlike what they try to do with say, Jin), but seeing him in action is always fantastic. I missed that Sting finish.

He's been criminally underused, but I feel like that's what makes him cool?
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Xirix wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:09 am Ah, the japanese do seem to love their puns don't they? Despite like, 90% of puns not being funny. Thanks for spelling it out. ^^
That's why Aruto always complained that gags shouldn't be explain. Indeed I agree, jokes based on wordplay are hardly amusing even with different language.
Catastrophe wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:57 pm
The one thing this episode made me realise is that I really like Horobi, but I can't quite put my finger on why. He hardly does anything, but when he does it's usually awesome. He's also an unrepentant murder robot, with no real redeeming qualities (unlike what they try to do with say, Jin), but seeing him in action is always fantastic. I missed that Sting finish.

He's been criminally underused, but I feel like that's what makes him cool?
If I were to guess, for a good reason, why Horobi would transformed in less than 20% for the series overall (by episode count), maybe the suit actor, Takaiwa Seiji, is taking it easy for this series in doing stunts? Granted suit actors always keep their body in shape for this job but again he is the same age as my parents, 51 this year. Even at any age, you won't know what's going to come at you. So if he is absent for most of the time, Horobi wouldn't transform. Plus, the suit might not fit well for other stunt actors. If anything that contributes to less fighting screen-time, it should be dependent on the suit actors/actresses, not the actors or actresses since every year, you get new stars.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

We had one shocking revelation this episode! Yaiba has two ears.

So Fuwa was able to talk down Naki's inga.

So, the four great generals of Dark Kingdom are here. Now, who will be Queen Beryl? Siesta?
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Good god our favorite douche baggy president just doesn't fucking learn does he??? .....though to be fair, he deserves EVERY BIT OF THIS KARMA! I'm not surprised that Fuwa's actual past up to becoming a Kamen Rider is so ordinary that it's boring (xD), but at the same time, loving that his secret funny bone has been revealed to Yaiba. I hope we get a running gag of her just poking at it with a stick for a while xD
Cross
Go Go!

Post by Cross »

Covid begone grrrr... This is where they stop the production of remaining episode isn't it?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They have more already filmed, they are just having a a break to allow a buffer considering the studio was closed like a month ago.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Speaking of which, is TV-Nihon planning to sub the recap episodes? I know those tend to be dialog heavy, and some of the staff has expressed an intense dislike for them in the past...
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

They probably will. But for Kiramager having episode 0 again, I don't think so.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ep 0 probably will simply because it'll have captions and there were a few lines we couldn't quite make out.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”