KR Zero-One 37 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:18 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
53%
☆☆☆☆
47%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Zero-One 37 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:31 pm I mean, compare Sanjo Riku working with him on Drive (or, Kyoryuger for Sentai) to Build, Ex-Aid, or Zero-One's head writers. While it relied on the formula, it didn't feel as blatant because Sanjo could at least make the characters memorable and knew how to work this thing. I may not be the biggest fan of Mach but at least I remember him. Am I going to say the same for Ark-Zero or 1000%?
Nailed it.

Zero -One is pretty good by most metrics, but much like Build a series of strange writing/directing decisions prevent it from being a great series.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Question: who's the suit actor of the new Rider?
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Zero-One's wiki page claims it's Hachisuka Yuichi, who's known for playing female suit roles, I believe. Oh, citation points to this link: https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/summaries/45
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I've complained about this season having too many episodes where they just beat each other up and then walk away, but this time really takes the cake. There is no suspension of disbelief left. Even that subplot about Siesta finding crimes is nonsensical; why on Earth do those files exist? why would anyone keep records of their wrongdoings?
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Does that mean she's reached singularity as well? do be able to tell and figure out what would qualify as Wrong Doings? I swear i totally feel like they're in "Let's just finish this series out so the next rider can come along" mode now.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

She was technically asked to do it by the vice-president, so it's an order by her operator. Given her position as a corporate humagear, she probably has defined parameters for identifying misconduct.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

If anyone's interested, Premium Bandai is indeed selling Gai's ZAIA pants.

I like Naki's suit, but why does she have a proper henshin jingle? She's using a Zetsumerise Key like Ikazuchi, but his just didn't say anything in the Driver.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

The episode was good, but I just want to talk about the next episode so
Spoiler
I don't like the idea of giving Gai a bullshit faceturn this late in the series. At this point, I was avidly rooting for Ark to just murder him this episode so we could get him out of the story, yet, based on the title of the next episode being "I am 1000% your friend," + "Love for A.I." I have a feeling he won't be getting the Kaixa treatment. Kamen Rider just doesn't have the balls to outright kill off Main Riders these days do they?
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Will this season end in an alternate universe where Aruto, Isu, Azu, Siesta, Gai, Fuwa, Yaiba, Naki, Jin, Hirobi, and Ikazuchi are all going to high school together?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

resop2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:14 pm Will this season end in an alternate universe where Aruto, Isu, Azu, Siesta, Gai, Fuwa, Yaiba, Naki, Jin, Hirobi, and Ikazuchi are all going to high school together?
I have to admit, if this ends up being the 3rd show in a row where the main Rider erases their show from history, I'll laugh.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

HowlingSnail wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:25 pm I like Naki's suit, but why does she have a proper henshin jingle? She's using a Zetsumerise Key like Ikazuchi, but his just didn't say anything in the Driver.
Probably because the Japanese Wolf key was made specifically to be Naki's transformation item, as opposed to the show just using the Dodo key to scrap together a new rider realy quick back in episode 14.
Last edited by BreadToku on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

It has its shortcomings but this is still better than most of the Kamen Rider installments that came between 2013 to 2020. All characters here has their own purpose and even the comic reliefs are useful in a way or another.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

For once, I feel pity for Thouser handling Metsuboujinrai.net as a group instead of any one of them individually.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:59 pm The other thing with the Ark is, how does putting it into Rider form make it so threatening?

Evolt was always hyped up to be some kind of world ending monster. Kuroto talked up Cronus as being the ultimate rider in a system he designed. We know the Ark is an evil supercomputer, but it's been partially inactivated for most of the series.

Horobi was more threatening in the first arc because Fuwa almost died, so the fear for the heroes was visceral.

I guess the other thing is that it doesn't really have a present. Gold Drive worked because he was both a massive dick and a massive ham. Show Hayami has a great voice, but talking about extinction all the time isn't exciting characterisation.
The thought process is probably "Hey, remember when Ark was in control of MCH? Well now he has his own form!"

It doesn't quite land though. Ark is powerful, but eh. It would probably be more threatening if it didn't speak so much. Or if it did something other than smack the heroes around. They're trying to build it up as overwhelmingly powerful but it doesn't come across as such. Have him do something horrible like...I dunno...take Zea out of commission with barely a gesture. Something that shows him as a big deal.

There's still like 15 episodes though so who knows.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:00 am There's still like 15 episodes though so who knows.
There's only 8 left at best since next Kamen Rider series debut in early September.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”