KR Zero-One 40 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:35 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
76%
☆☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆☆
18%
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Zero-One 40 released

Post by Mighty Action X »

I don't know if it's just me but I'm starting to think that Takahashi is cursed with the 45 episodes format. I saw the trailer of Kamen Rider Saber and it will premiere on September 6 which means that Zero-One only has 5 episodes left. Just like Ex-Aid, it ends with 45 episodes.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

so, I saw images of 02 quite a while before this episode came out, and I enjoyed that it had additional OG rider stuff going on, like the sort-of scarf.

what I didn't notice until literally this episode is that the scarf part is a stylized 2, combining with the "knot" to make a 02, and that kind of thing just tickles a certain part of my nerd brain for some reason.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:58 pm what I didn't notice until literally this episode is that the scarf part is a stylized 2, combining with the "knot" to make a 02, and that kind of thing just tickles a certain part of my nerd brain for some reason.
Yeah, isn't that cool? Pretty nice touch
Mighty Action X wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:44 pm I don't know if it's just me but I'm starting to think that Takahashi is cursed with the 45 episodes format. I saw the trailer of Kamen Rider Saber and it will premiere on September 6 which means that Zero-One only has 5 episodes left. Just like Ex-Aid, it ends with 45 episodes.
Hmmm, let's hope that's the case. Zero-One isn't perfect (throw away the job competition arc please) but it had a lot going for it and I'd be sad if its potential got cut short by acts of god
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Curse doesn't have anything to do with it. The parts that sucked, sucked before any pandemic.

He just has high highs and really low lows.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

The filming for Zero One was already over around last week or this week and the fact it only has 45 was known from an episode listing on some newspaper tv listing or something akin, earlier before Kamen Rider Saber announces the date of airing.

As for this final form, most people in the internet didn't agree that the design looks so simple instead of flamboyant and Metal Cluster Hopper should had been the final form and should combines other powers like Grand Zi-O and such. Me, I feel like that type of final power up should not solely be for the primary rider and I am glad Vulcan gets that instead of 01. Still, I didn't really expect they go with Zero Two but not surprised either since the first Kamen Rider series of Showa had Ichigou and Nigou. The only difference is that 01 and 02 are the same person.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

finally someone(one AI) figure out that one shot people before henshin its quick and hitkill!!!

gray hopper its metal cluster hopper??? green one its rising hopper...

liked this episode but was strange watch so many simulations and all that aruto did was a motivational flow chart and izu and zea did all hard work.

if 02 drivers appeared from nothing, why izu take out one part of her brain??? ark can just 3d print several shotrisers in seconds without "spend" any material...
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

hiro9796 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:16 am The filming for Zero One was already over around last week or this week and the fact it only has 45 was known from an episode listing on some newspaper tv listing or something akin, earlier before Kamen Rider Saber announces the date of airing.

As for this final form, most people in the internet didn't agree that the design looks so simple instead of flamboyant and Metal Cluster Hopper should had been the final form and should combines other powers like Grand Zi-O and such. Me, I feel like that type of final power up should not solely be for the primary rider and I am glad Vulcan gets that instead of 01. Still, I didn't really expect they go with Zero Two but not surprised either since the first Kamen Rider series of Showa had Ichigou and Nigou. The only difference is that 01 and 02 are the same person.
i really liked that simple, sleek, sober design of 02.

grand Zi-o was a carnival thing, build genius form looked fragile due all BOTTLES slapped on suit.

IMO suits filled with props etc dont mean huge powers, Oma zio had a cool design not exaggerated too
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's not so much the lack of all combined powers, it's more the base aesthetic of 01 is underwhelming as a final form.

MCH isn't complicated looking but has a sleek aesthetic that differs from the base form and looks pretty chic. 01 with red accents ala Rider 02 just doesn't cut it for me.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I think that the idea is Zero-Two being the combination of a Human and a Humagear by using her memory core. That's the whole concept behind it as explained by Aruto, so in a way, Izu is also Zero-Two.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

So it's like drive?
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Considering Drive and Zero-One are similar for the Human-looking machines going rogue and the friendship between Humans and A.I., I wouldn't be surprised if it was on purpose.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

we could probably also count it as references to W, for that matter.
Cyborg-Lucario
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Black/Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze/Gokaiger
Dreamy: Garou (Ookami Blue)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by Cyborg-Lucario »

2 may not be part of binary code language, which meant that they just wanted to have a name that sounds more powerful than Zero-One, but even I admit that the Zero-Two suit is cool.
And I like the red pointy bit down his throat and on top of the chest that looks slightly like a scarf, a nice touch.
A cyborg pokémon who may or may not be a Kamen Rider.
scot64
Gao

Post by scot64 »

Wow, I was very moved by Tsurushima Noa's performance. I enjoyed the ending... I don't forgive you.
The constant portrayal of Good vs Bad (data - input) Aruto vs Horobi, Aruto vs Ark, Zea vs Ark, Izu vs Azu, Thouser vs Sony AIBO (kidding)
The running of the simulations with Izu to stimulate Zea (because of her connection to Zea) was a risky plot move … but it worked out nicely (I wonder how many takes there were in total for Izu)
Well done

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”