Kiramager Episode 11 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager| ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll runs till Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:24 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
My boom: NHL, Mario Kart Wii

Re: Kiramager Episode 11 released

Post by CheetahLynx »

Ghost23 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:35 am
As I was starting to watch this ep. I started thinking, what color would the extra ranger be since they are suppose to be gems and the usual gold and silver are ores and not gems. Would they use a special gem color? As for the episode glad to have new episodes again.
Diamonds are kinda silver no?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Technically either yellow or colourless.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

It's good to be back! If I never see another Kiramager clip show again, it will be too soon.:lol:

As a viewer, the fun thing about time loop episodes is that it lets you play around with your characters in a humorous-yet-meaningful way. Because at least one character is aware of the loop, it isn't like a traditional "reset button" episode where everything somehow ends up back to status quo at the end. At the same time, because things are getting reset, you can lean into the absurd a bit since it's thematically appropriate and the consequences won't really matter.

The one catch is that you need decent writers to pull it off, and thankfully this episode nails it. A groundhog day loop is a well-worn trope at this point, so you can't just play it straight: characters with even a bit of intelligence to them are going to be aware of the concept. So having Tametomo figure it out quickly and then use the loop to browbeat the MOTW into submission is incredibly fun writing. Super Sentai isn't a series known for the MOTW giving up, so it really stands out in a good way.

My only complaint was the giant fight. I'm assuming for now that it was a causality of COVID. Regardless, that was a waste of a perfectly good monster. So I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Technical note: did anyone else find that the audio was out of sync on the 720p version? I had to delay it 125ms to get everything roughly back in sync. It was especially obvious when Sena was talking.
takenoko wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:24 pm
Again this series with its funky morals. "Clealry you weren't trying hard enough, Yellow. So try harder!"
This show is nothing if not consistent about its screwball morals.:lol: I kind of get where they were going, but at the end of the day it was Tame fighting smarter that fixed things.
The compositing of the Kiramagers running at their mecha is pretty fun. It makes their mecha look kind of small though
Agreed. I like the concept, but the scale is all wrong. Which is the problem in general with having the rangers interact with their mecha. It's hard to get both of those things on the screen at the same time given the massive difference in size; either the humans border on being too small to be seen, or the mecha have to be heavily cropped to only have a portion visible at human scale.
Is anyone else tired of the sixth member tease? It feels like it's been teased for months now, it's not interesting anymore
Yes! Just get it over with already!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Post by Mandalori »

What make you think there is a moral? Why should there be a moral in every story?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Technical note: did anyone else find that the audio was out of sync on the 720p version? I had to delay it 125ms to get everything roughly back in sync. It was especially obvious when Sena was talking.
I didn't notice it when watching the QC file, but it can be kind of hard to catch those things with the lower quality video. Has anyone else noticed it being out of sync? I'm at work right now and can't check
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Mandalori wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:23 pm
What make you think there is a moral? Why should there be a moral in every story?
Generally speaking, for a character focus episode in Super Sentai, there will be a moral in the story. This is both because the show skews young, and because it aims to grow characters over a season. While characters rarely start out badly flawed (they're still heroes, after all), they often have rough edges that will get polished over a season. The moral of the story, in turn, is typically what that character learned over the course of the episode.

For example, a common lesson might be for a fighter who tries to do everything on their own to trust their team more. Or a speedstar learning to not rely solely on their speed.

In this episode, the moral of the story is arguably that you should always be serious in a competition. The other person is putting their all into it, and it's disrespectful not to do the same in turn. Which is why there's a scene with the Tametomo and the other gamer settling their differences.

Except that, as has been happening a lot in Kiramager, the moral is being applied to the MOTW fight in a weird, almost subverting way. Tametomo was serious about defeating the MOTW from the start. If anything, he started showboating later on when he started griefing the MOTW.
Last edited by ViRGE on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's always been a thing in Sentai for sure. I thinks it's more noticeable this season because they've always been quite strange and not considered 'normal'.
darkarmorwearer
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Yu Takahashi
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: REM
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu Gagaga
Quote: Long, long ago! 20th century!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by darkarmorwearer »

Oh, geez. I feel like that reset button will DEFINITELY come back at some point around episode 40 something when all is lost. Lol!

Return to “Sentai-Mashin Sentai Kiramager”