Sentai 2020: Mashin Sentai Kirameiger (Pre-release thread)

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Sentai 2020: Mashin Sentai Kirameiger (Pre-release thread)

Post by Catastrophe »

I wonder if they just realised no one really buys the individual weapons any more, which would be why they scrapped them?
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkengers
Favorite Band: The Beatles
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Ever have one of those flashbacks...

Post by Strykor »

Okay, we have Carranger mixed with Magiranger with a touch of Kamen Rider Wizard in the form of the gems and the spell circles on the braces and weapon disks. A new female green, frankly, it's nice they switch them around, though I'm still waiting for a female red that isn't an end of series popup.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I like the top half of the suits, but the bottom half being just a solid block of color is big meh.

Female green is neato.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Another rumors leaked that Komura Junko will be head-writer for this series. If true, this is 3rd time for her for head-writer of Sentai in around 4 years.

Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Strykor »

Just looked over the closeup of the transformation brace in Go-on Macaroni's spoiler, and it looks like the five vehicles are
Spoiler
(Right the first time)Fire Engine, Jet, Helicopter, Scoop and Race car
Last edited by Strykor on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

kangchan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:59 am Another rumors leaked that Komura Junko will be head-writer for this series. If true, this is 3rd time for her for head-writer of Sentai in around 4 years.
<snip>
I read about that but the post that it came attached to alleged that film interns had become aware of who the staff was and I find that rather hard to believe. Toei's going to just blab stuff like that to some random intern extras? Sure and my bank account's loaded.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

A news article about Kiramager. They will fight against Yodon Army which is trying to steal “hope and radiance” of people. The main motifs are “jewelry” and “vehicle”.
Episode ZERO will be on February 8th (a month before the 1st episode), explaining how KiramaStone came to Earth and the birth of Kiramager.
More info:
Asahi website: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiramager/
Toei website: https://www.toei.co.jp/tv/kiramager/
Mashin Sentai Kiramager

Toei Producers: Hideaki Tsukada, Taku Mochizuki
Series Composition: Naruhisa Arakawa
Music: Junichi Matsumoto
Lead Director: Kyohei Yamaguchi
Action Dir.: Hirofumi Fukuzawa
Hiroshi Butsuda is Special Effects Director
Nice shots of the team and more elaborate plot for Episode ZERO: a princess from “the land of jewelry” came to Earth along with KiramaStones, they began scouting humans with great “KiraMetal” to become Kiramager to fight Yodon Army.

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Oh christ, they're infinity stones
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

We, Are Kirama STONES! WE ALWAYS SAVE THE DAAAAY~

jokes aside the uh... look I know there are only so many ways one can pose the human body, especially when clothed, but uh those poses feel... lacing. who knows, once in motion and with likely effect it might turn me around but right now?... not feeling it
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Strykor
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Strykor »

Oh, I can't wait to see the handoff for this one.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Sentai 2020: Mashin Sentai Kiramager (Pre-release thread)

Post by msf232 »

At least the suits look better than Ryusoulger

The story also seems really good for now; hope Toei doesn't somehow miraculously disappoint us again
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
ponkan
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Shinken, Blade, Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Time, Akiba, GARO
Dreamy: Time Pink!
Favorite Actor?: Setsuko Hara
Quote: "Don't smoke too much, drink too much, eat too much or work too much. We're all on the road to the grave -- but there's no need to be in the passing lane. " - Robert Orben
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ponkan »

If ever, this is going to be the first time since ToQ that a veteran writer would helm a sentai series. Arakawa has a really good track record on toku so I am confident that he will never mess this up. I've never been this stoked on a sentai series again since Kyoryuu. Hurrah! :D :D
"My heart goes GABU GABU!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:34 pm Oh christ, they're infinity stones
Shit. You’re right.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Press Conference was last night (by my timezone) and there's a lot to share so I'm gonna take the lazy way out and just quote some articles that I saw.

Ukiyaseed.weebly.com:
Mashin Sentai Kiramager Cast, Trailers and More Details Revealed
1/16/20200 Comments

Toei revealed more details about the upcoming Super Sentai Series, Mashin Sentai Kiramager in a press conference, revealing the show's cast and two new trailers for the series.

The event revealed two trailers, one for the main TV series, and the other one for the upcoming Mashin Sentai Kiramager: Episode ZERO film, which will introduce our heroes. The series will star:
Rio Komiya as Juru Atsuta/Kiramai Red, he is a high school student with artistic talents who meets the other Kiramagers while he was trying to draw their battles.
Rui Kihara (Kamen Rider Amazons) as Tametomo Imizu/Kiramai Yellow, he's a professional Esports player who is good at shooters.
Yume Shinjo (Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom) as Sena Hayami/Kiramai Green, she's a track and field athlete who holds the Japanese record for the 100m dash.
Atom Mizushi (Fullmetal Alchemist, Garo: Makai no Hana) as Shigure Oshikiri/Kiramai Blue, he is a stunt actor who specializes in sword fighting.
Mio Kudo (Kamen Rider Ghost) as Sayo Ooharu/Kiramai Pink, she's a talented doctor who knows Aikido.

Supporting our heroes is Hakataminami Muryou (played by Japanese comedian Daimaou Kosaka aka Pikotaro), the founder of the company called CARAT who created this company specifically in preparation of Yodon Army's incoming invasion. He is a friend to planet Crystalia's King Oradin (voiced by Tomokazu Sugita, who is also the show's narrator and the voice of their various gear). The planet is the source of the Kiramai Stones. Also supporting the team is the King's daughter, Princess Mabushiina (played by Inori Minase).

The Kiramagers are partnered with a Buddy called a Mashin. These Mashin are:
Mashin Fire voiced by Kenichi Suzumura (Kamen Rider Den-O, Kuroko's Basketball)
Mashin Shovellow voiced by Mitsuo Iwata (Akira, Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger)
Mashin Mach voiced by Kenji Akabane (Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen)
Mashin Jetter voiced by Genki Okawa (Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal II)
Mashin Helicop voiced by Yuki Nagaku (Dragon Ball Super)

Our heroes will face the Yodon Army and the trailer revealed two members, namely: Garza (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura) and Crantula (voiced by Yasuhiro Nakata). The event also revealed show's theme songs are also revealed. Yohei Onishi will perform the show's opening theme "Mashin Sentai Kiramager", while Takashi Deguchi will perform the show's ending theme "Kiraful! Miracle! Kiramager!" Lastly, the series will also have a net show called Super Sentai Party, in which its first episode will stream on YouTube with later episodes streaming on the Toei Tokusatsu Fan Club service.

The series will be produced by Hideaki Tsukada (Kamen Rider Fourze) and is written by Naruhisa Arakawa (Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger). Both producer and writer once worked together on Special Police Dekaranger. Joining the duo is Kamen Rider director Kyohei Yamaguchi (Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, Kamen Rider Build).

Mashin Sentai Kiramager is set to premiere on March 8th, replacing Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger in its current 9:30am timeslot. The film, Mashin Sentai Kiramager: Episode ZERO is part of the Super Sentai Movie PARTY, a double-billing of two Super Sentai movies, and will air alongside Kishiryu Sentai Ryusoulger vs. Lupinranger vs. Patranger on February 8th.
Tokusatsu Network:
Mashin Sentai Kiramager Cast and Opening/Ending Themes Revealed
Published on January 16, 2020 SHARE TWEET 1 COMMENT
Consider supporting us on Patreon so we can continue providing quality tokusatsu news coverage.

The cast and opening/ending themes of the 44th Super Sentai series, Mashin Sentai Kiramager, was revealed at a press conference.

With a motif of jewels and vehicles, the Mashin Sentai Kiramager team are chosen by the KiramaStones, which transform into sentient vehicle companions known as Mashins. Using these powers, they fight an evil army bent on robbing people of their hope and radiance.

Junon Boy 2018 winner Komiya Rio will portray Atsuta Juuru/KiramaRed. The creative warrior, KiramaRed, is themed after a fire engine. He comes up with attacks.

Atomu Mizuishi (Crow in Garo: Makai no Hana) will portray Oshikiri Shiguru/KiramaBlue. The cutting warrior, KiramaBlue, is themed after a jet. He defeats enemies using sword combat.

Rui Kihara will portray Imizu Tametomo/KiramaYellow. The shooting warrior, KiramaYellow, is themed after an excavator. He unleashes a variety of gunshots.

Mio Kudo (Kanon Fukami in Kamen Rider Ghost) will portray Ooharu Sayo/KiramaPink. The healing warrior, KiramaPink, is themed after a helicopter. She excels at healing powers and aikido, a form of martial arts.

Yume Shinjo will portray Hayami Sena/KiramaGreen. The fast warrior, KiramaGreen, is themed after a supercar. She specializes in swift attacks.

The comedian Daimaou Kosaka, known by his other stage name Pikotaro who infamously created the Pen Pineapple Apple Pen (PPAP) song, will join the cast portraying Hakataminami Miryou.

Yohei Onishi, who performed Ninninger’s opening theme, will also perform the opening theme for Kiramager. He commented on his excitement to create a song that will deliver a smile and energy to everyone listening.

Deguchi Takeshi will perform the ending theme for Kiramager titled “Kiraful Miracle Kiramager”, which he comments will be a song he hopes everyone will dance to.

Source: Mantan, PR Times
I'm also fond of this post I saw on tokunation:
Sunred wrote:So looking up the kanjis the names feel like they are somehow referring to gems or their characteristics and traits.

Juru as I have previously stated is a pun on 'jewel', but if you break down his name further, it means 'abundance of gems/precious stones'.

The 'I(pronounced like the letter E in this case)' in Tametomo's surname Imizu means to shoot or archery, and reflects his position as the sharpshooter of the team. It also can be found in the Japanese word for Sagittarious, Ite-za. Tametomo is likely a reference to Minamoto no Tametomo, a 12th century samurai who was considered a skilled archer.

The 'Se' in Sena means 'water rapids', reflecting her position as the speedster of the team.

The 'Kiri' in Shigure's surname Oshikiri means to 'cut/slash' reflecting his position as the swordsman of the team.

The 'Haru' in Sayo's surname Oharu means to 'heal'. Sayo's name might also be a reference to the fairy tale The Nightingale, which is called 'Sayo Nakidori' in Japanese, as well as Florence Nightingale, the famous nurse in relations to her job as a doctor.
Some video links worth interest:

https://streamable.com/71b9b - official trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA4hoVc ... =emb_title - Episode Zero promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa-NvFx ... =emb_title - First transformation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZhvaVJ ... =emb_title - Onishi, and Deguchi singing their theme songs
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Sugita is voicing the changer. That's pretty neat.

I'm not a fan of the civilian design. I don't like the mystical/ancient look in the modern day, it stands out too much.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”