Kiramager Episode 03 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:04 am

★★★★★
56%
★★★★
44%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 16
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 03 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.47 / 5 (17 votes)

Alt Title: Never do anything other than what you want

Alright episode. Entertaining enough. Again, my problems with it are purely viewing it as an adult. Green and Blue haven't had to learn any lessons or change the way they do anything, which is odd for a character and story arc?

Maybe the real arc is Jewel learning to become a leader. But again, if your instinct as a leader is to bend over backwards so your team can do whatever they want, you're not going to be a very effective leader, right?

My one note was: "Is that a magic handle, or could any inanimate carbon rod do?"

Loved the mecha fight scene. Again, I think it looks really good in the dimly lit background. Kind of disappointed that Sky Mage just becomes a sword and chest piece though?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 03 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Have to agree with you Take. The episode was really good, except for the fact they let Blue act like a moron when the usual episode lesson would be don't worry about being cool. Maybe Kiramager is pushing a message of its okay to be yourself or they all have to be strange and quirky to use the powers.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Another episode I really liked. The first takeaway lesson was the more obvious 'it is not good to bottle up all your troubles by yourself' which is easy enough to agree with. As for the stuff that happened during the fight, I still feel like taking the most generous interpretation and seeing it as our Red choosing to help out his friend in this situation by appealing to their eccentricities rather than just ordering them to stop. Would a more efficient leader do the latter? Obviously. But that's just not how the kind of leader Jyuruu is, and I think that's fine.

I forgot to comment on the mecha last time, but in both episode two and this one, I really adore the giant fight scenes. I liked the previous episode's a little more, but both had a really nice amount of effects. I especially like the monster roars of the kaiju echoing, and the way the ground exploded from that shovel swing. The fights taking place at fake-night are clearly just to make the sparkly look of the mechs stand out all the more, and I have to admit it's working very well.

...That said, it really bugs me that the combination of all five stones just has blue turning into the weapon? That's not really being 'part' of the mech in any way. Even being pasted on the back would be better.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

I like the characters with lives and quirks in this installment compared to the freeloaders from the previous Sentai.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

agreeing with the "night makes them extra sparkly".

Blue, I give credit. he's got some serious comedy in him... between the "don't try this at home" line, the "suffering", and the breakdown in the dressing room.... yeah.

(loved how they threw him under the bus one last time at the dance number.... /snicker)

I can see it being a little cheesy with Blue, but I look at it as the first supplemental mech will be a new weapon and easily interchange. to be seen.

re: NEXT TIME, ON....
Spoiler
Uncle comes to visit, and plot advances! yay!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Humour was on point this episode. If this is the tone going forward I'm all in.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL AT BLUE FALLING FOR THE OLD, "LOOK AT SOMETHING OVER THERE" TRICK!!! That and the random fourth wall breaking xD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Has there been a Super Sentai before where the role call includes couple's ballet moves? (And when the inevitable male sixth ranger shows up will he pick up Jyuruu for some pose?)

I recently started working out at home with resistance bands, but one thing about it is definitely strange: the bands are color coded by resistance but Red has the fourth highest level of resistance!! Blasphemy! (Although, Yellow being the fifth highest kind of fits the season, lol.) (The order is Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, and with Black having the highest level of resistance.)

I laughed a lot with this episode, so I will not bash it. I also liked the "behind the scenes" footage of filming an action movie.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

What a miss... They could have named the combined mecha Mashin Kaiser.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

So I'm like behind. Sorry for resurrecting an old post.

The last three episodes have shown more 'Sentai' than the previous season in all 48 of it's episodes. I hope it keeps it up like this but I love how Red actually hasn't finished a monster by himself yet. Green technically got the first Solo kill last episode then Blue this episode. ACTUAL CHARACTER FOCUSED EPISODES that doesn't end with Red doing the finisher at the end. So I'm very happy about that. I'm also happy they are doing the Showa way of doing MOTW. Dude in a spandex suit other than his mask. Very Goranger right there.

The only downsides are the facts the characters aren't really learning anything. However, I would argue that some of the best sentais had episodes where the characters just were themselves and still overcame. Something tells me that these characters will grow by the end of the season. Green will find saving the world more important than her relays. Blue will finally stop method acting and open up to the rest of the team. I don't know. I'm happy though this is already twice as good as Ryusoulger and I've only watched three episodes so far.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I love resurrected posts, keep 'em up!

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”