Kiramager Episode 04 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:08 pm

★★★★★
73%
★★★★
27%
★★★
No votes
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 04 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.56 / 5 (16 votes)

Alt Title: Here comes the Toqgers!

Yo, princess blue baby, why is your royal train a snake or dragon?

When did Jyuuru have a dream about Uncle Garuza? Do all the Crystalian's have different colored skin or is it just the uncle since he's a bad guy?

Yellow is a great leader, like he's been doing a great job at supporting the team

Nice kick, red. I'm starting to like this kid.

Ooh, like the use of the hook in Garuza's sword to trip red.

Oh, the train is a Trypticon!

Mabushiina should cry more blue crystals for the team to make up for her mistakes this time

Gave the episode a 5. Having a good villain really elevated the series for me.
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: Kiramager Episode 04 released

Post by BreadToku »

Garuza already making a much better impression than Zamigo did in like, thirty episodes.

Really nice episode all around, as we jump right into our heroes' first meeting with a major bad guy. As of now, there's no way of knowing if Garuza is gonna be around till the end of maybe he'll bite it by episode ten, but I really liked this episode's highlight on him and Mabushiina. Also his boasting about his dinosaur mech's cool fangs and chainsaw was great.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

Probably not the right place and maybe some of you already know

Komiya Rio (Red Actor) has been diagnosed with corona. Shooting itself has been stopped but kiramager should still be able to airing until may

hope he get well soon
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

RoxasXIII wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:52 am Probably not the right place and maybe some of you already know

Komiya Rio (Red Actor) has been diagnosed with corona. Shooting itself has been stopped but kiramager should still be able to airing until may

hope he get well soon
It's already in the separate topic. viewtopic.php?f=250&t=23990

Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Garuza looks good, but everything with the train showing up gives me the vibe he may turn into a good guy at some point, maybe a la wolzard, since there's said to be a lot of magiranger influence.

the fight between jyuuru and garuza was great. the camera shots they manage to get these days are insane.

lost a star from me to have the kaiju just show up out of nowhere, piss off the bad guy, and say "fuck it, I'm killing you for getting in my way". WHY???? wouldn't the good guys have killed it flat out instead of running to red's aid? leaving it to rampage in the city??? messed up.

and oh, shit. hope he gets well soon.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

THESE CLAWS

THESE FANGS

THIS CHAINSAW!!!!!

Fuck I love Nakamura.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Unless my mind skipped over it, I don't think Juru said his catchphrase this episode. Here's hoping this tend keeps up and he doesn't use it too often.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Vim Crony
7X
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mio
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: Polaris
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kiva and Comix

Post by Vim Crony »

Wooooo, THAT FIGHT SCENE! I sure do love some black and purple sparkle designs. Looking forward to the suit design of either Garuza or whoever takes that power over.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm surprised. A Sakamoto directed episodes with no gratuitous leg shots.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

While I know that this is not a magical girl show, and that Jyuuru is not going to say around episode 10: "I don't recall ever saying I was a guy", I still cannot help but notice that Jyuuru's speech to Queen Beryl Garuza could have ended with "In the name of Crystalia, I will punish you!" and it would have fit right in.

A good fight scene and some pretty funny team interaction. :thumbs up:
red09
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by red09 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:08 pm When did Jyuuru have a dream about Uncle Garuza? Do all the Crystalian's have different colored skin or is it just the uncle since he's a bad guy?
In Episode 0. Right before he was interrupted by Kagihara.

Maybe the color will resemble those between parent/offsprings.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a pretty good episode. While I (still) can't give a rat's behind about Princess Baby Vomit, I can appreciate that the writers gave her an early focus episode, as it's ultimately her experiences and her world that are the heart of the series' plot.

Meanwhile it's a bit more surprising that they also gave so much focus to Garuza, but I'm glad they did. Underbaked villains are, sadly, almost a Sentai staple right now. And while this doesn't do much to improve upon the fact that the Yodoms' whole reason to be is that they hate shiny stuff (ugh), at least we have some proper characterization for what is, for now at least, the lead villain. His own backstory is a bit weak (the evil uncle bit is incredibly tropey), but if he's going to be around for a while there's plenty of time to build on top of that.

I won't award any points for the plot of this episode since you could see it coming from a mile off, but I will award points for action. The camerawork on that Red vs. Garuza fight was a ton of fun. And if they put a cut in there, they did a good job. The mecha action was also fairly well done, though it's unfortunate that Kirameijin doesn't look nearly as good in the light as it does in the dark. On the flip side, Garuza's bot is fun, even if it's basically GokaiSilver's robo with a chainsaw instead of a drill.:lol:

And now we get to wait a dozen episodes before we find out what's so special about that white stone...

Finally, the BGM before the OP was quite interesting. It was very present, in a way that most BGM isn't.
Catastrophe wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:41 pm I'm surprised. A Sakamoto directed episodes with no gratuitous leg shots.
That was a Sakamoto episode?! How did I miss that?!

Well, that certainly explains the long cut in this episode. And the action (including the behind-the-scenes stuff) in the previous episode. It's not nearly as bombastic as his usual work, so I didn't even think to look.

And yeah, there definitely was a lack of leg. In fact for a series where both girls are wearing little more than hot pants, I'm downright shocked that Sakamoto wasn't able to take advantage of that. :shock:
Sinkuu wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:36 am Garuza looks good, but everything with the train showing up gives me the vibe he may turn into a good guy at some point, maybe a la wolzard, since there's said to be a lot of magiranger influence.
That and the part where he just outright eliminated the MOTW with his cool new toy robo. You don't even bother with something like that unless it's going to be around for a while (and per standard Toei rules, it must inevitably combine with the series' main robo).
takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:08 pm Oh, the train is a Trypticon!
I'm a little disappointed it's a T-Rex. Considering we just did dinosaurs last year, it feels very derivative.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

It is interesting we are getting cameo to episode 0 this early and without getting all rangers to have a shine episode first I was thinking red might mention Garuza was looking more dark in his dream than the one in here who was more purple (than again i am someone who still see that dress as gold and white so maybe my perception is very clouded :P)
bradrian
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: POWER RANGERS
Dreamy: Kaoru from Garo
Favorite Band: Too many XD
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Girls XD

Post by bradrian »

I'm very impressed by how Jewel (Because, yes, Jyuuru, but like, Jewel) is being characterized. He and Tametomo would be switched in most Sentai, usually for comedy. Also, I relate profoundly to "I have no idea how to take a compliment".

That ending, after four episodes, still SLAPS.

I hope that, now that a new mecha has been introduced, Garuza stays a bad guy. If the team DOES get it, they should get it by defeating him or otherwise taking it from him. It would be dope if Mabushiina eventually gets to use it. "Resonate with the King" is unsurprising, but unfortunate seeding. A man can hope, though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I frequently just call him Jewel too since that's the obvious pun there and I don't always remember the spelling we use, but Jyuuru and Juuru are all okay spellings

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”