Rio Komiya/Juru tests positive for COVID-19

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Rio Komiya/Juru tests positive for COVID-19

Post by TypicalStandUser »

TokuNet has the report.

The show's production is currently on-hold, but there's enough episodes to last until mid-May.

I wish the cast & this show's production crew to be well, be careful & to be vigilant in the coming days.
Spoiler
Fuck COVID-19
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Rio Komiya/Juru tests positive for COVID-19

Post by ViRGE »

Bummer.

Especially at his age, I'm sure he'll be fine. But that sucks all the same.

And while I appreciate Toei's stoicism on production, they're not going to be getting back to work any time soon. COVID is a minimum 2 week downtime, and I'd lay decent odds that Red there may have gotten it from (or has given it to) someone else on the production.

On an unrelated note, I wonder what the postponement of the Olympics means for Sentai/SHT? Was the block going to be preempted by the games? (I have no idea what channel they'll air on over there)
Last edited by ViRGE on Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Oh, what??? Oh man. I'm speechless. Surely enough nobody wants to get infected but it just sort of happen. Let us hope he will recovered, so does everyone else in production team.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine the delay is going to be longer. If he's confirmed to have it, then there is a high likelihood most of the cast will have it as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's weird, why is Atsuta Jyuuru moving to America to go to college for a couple months?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 pm That's weird, why is Atsuta Jyuuru moving to America to go to college for a couple months?
Huh?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I know, it's so sudden. Guess school comes before being a Kiramager.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Toei Studios has closed down for the moment. I imagine it’s going to be for a while.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Wishing him the speediest of recoveries.

It's good that they always shoot about 2 months in advance (they are at ~ep 12 now), it gives them enough room to handle such unexpected and unfortunate events. My guess is that they will probably still do some shooting with scenes that don't involve Jyuuru.

Maybe they will cancel the summer movie to avoid an effect on the main series? Their movies aren't that long but they are usually accompanied by a bunch of events, press conferences etc. so there's added risk there.

It must be a nightmare however for people in the company who may be scared of having got it but also for employees having to adapt to new work conditions.
Behold the Emperor!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I doubt two months will be enough. Japan was hit early but weren't testing. It's going to get to a point where they can't really hide it at some stage.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

For the summer movie, just have the eventually extra member be the star instead of being shove away for nearly the entire movie and let Red be shove away.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Slowking wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:47 am It's good that they always shoot about 2 months in advance (they are at ~ep 12 now), it gives them enough room to handle such unexpected and unfortunate events.
Even though they shoot in advance, I'm left to wonder how much post-production work they can do like this. All the ADR, SEX, anything that might still need to be done by the second unit, mecha fights, etc. They may have the principle photography in the can, but I guess we're going to find out soon enough whether that's all they need to finish a show remotely.
Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:50 am For the summer movie, just have the eventually extra member be the star instead of being shove away for nearly the entire movie and let Red be shove away.
Boy wouldn't that be something?! :lol:

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”