Kiramager Episode 07 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2020 8:07 pm

★★★★★
43%
★★★★
29%
★★★
29%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 07 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.23 / 5 (13 votes)

Alt Title: Poor kid, I bet all that training weakened his immune system

I like that this series has training Jewel up to be a leader as an ongoing plot line. Pretty fun since each of the members "help" in their own way.

Man, is anyone else noticing how sexual the Mashin are about their partners?

I wrote one note while watching "I like how Garuza's a single issue voter with the little brother party." which turned out to be totally wrong. Garuza, how are you going to take over the world if you keep killing your lackeys for the Kiramagers?!

I like that Garuza has an evil mech (that will obviously fall into the good guy hands at some point). I always thought it was dumb in Sentai how they'd sell the cool robots, but there'd never be any monster for them to fight.

Edit:
Oh, some random trivia that I noticed while researching for the wiki. There's definitely a strong Norse mythology theme going on:
-The CARAT building is like Yggdrssil
-Oladdin appears to be a combination of Odin and Aladdin
-The bad guys are from Jodunheim, while Jotunheim is the realm of the giants
-Here's the interesting bit, Garuza is the Japanese spelling for the "gard" part of Utgard-Loki, a Jotun who owned a castle in Jotunheim
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 07 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty good episode. Loved the training stuff. Perfect balance of serious and silly. I did like the idea that if Jewel can't channel his Kiramentality then the mecha tanks because he is literally powering it with his imagination.

Also enjoyed Garzas 180 with the brother thing.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I remember the joke I wanted to make

"The Kiramagers are getting a train now? They are going full MagiRanger. Is their sixth ranger just going to be called Kiramei Shine?"
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

God I hope not, we'll have to find another synonym to use
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

That black purple train remind me of Mashin Chaser? And there is Mashin referencing Kamen Rider Mach. Wait? What? Mashin Sentai Kiramager and Mashin Chaser? Wait a second, it was Sanjou Riku after all.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

This one was kinda meh for me. I like that the others are trying to help Jewel get stronger, but Garza is starting to get annoying. Not helped by the fact that mask-guy is just letting him do whatever he wants without intervening.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

I'm liking the development of the show so far. The best the Sentai have for the past 5 years.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I don't really like how the episode just went full on with the whole "special training" for Jyuuru. I get the whole documentary thing is why the other four felt like they needed power up Jyuuru but there was no particular setup to justify it. Show like scenes of Jyuuru getting tired against some grunts or getting stomped easily by Jamen. Basically something for them to justify the harsh training.

Also on a different note, is there any reason why the Jamen look like they came from the 70s? The head pieces are the only elaborate thing on them which gives me that 70s monster of the week vibe.

One more thing when they said "A giant of light", did anyone else think of Ultraman?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."

Post by Mighty Action X »

Phoenix512 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:05 am I don't really like how the episode just went full on with the whole "special training" for Jyuuru. I get the whole documentary thing is why the other four felt like they needed power up Jyuuru but there was no particular setup to justify it. Show like scenes of Jyuuru getting tired against some grunts or getting stomped easily by Jamen. Basically something for them to justify the harsh training.

Also on a different note, is there any reason why the Jamen look like they came from the 70s? The head pieces are the only elaborate thing on them which gives me that 70s monster of the week vibe.

One more thing when they said "A giant of light", did anyone else think of Ultraman?
I kind of agree. Jyuru is already a competent fighter the way he is. Maybe if they had shown Jyuru having a flashback with his fight against Garza where he was ultimately overwhelmed could have been better.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Phoenix512 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:05 am Also on a different note, is there any reason why the Jamen look like they came from the 70s? The head pieces are the only elaborate thing on them which gives me that 70s monster of the week vibe.

Someone posted on our wiki that it's an homage to the monster design for GoRanger. I did think Ultraman, but I forgot the context for giant of light.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I wonder if there are budget restrictions on costumes this year? I mean, they've made it work and it fits the goofy tone they are working with, so it's not like its distracting.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I think there are parallels with sailor moon episode 46 with this episode, since in that episode they started with harsh training for Sailor Moon.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Catastrophe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:09 pm I wonder if there are budget restrictions on costumes this year? I mean, they've made it work and it fits the goofy tone they are working with, so it's not like its distracting.
So admittedly I'm kind of pulling this one out of my arse, but sometimes I wonder whether at least one factor in the more simplistic monster costumes is that they might be intentionally scaling back a little to save their creative juices for the big 45 next year. Same with there not really being any proper collectible gimmick this season: have a smaller toy line this year, let kids and their parents save a bit of cash for when the anniversary toys go all out.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Partially it's the theme, remember that Kurantula is a mask-themed villain, so all he's really doing is putting these masks on the regular mooks. But probably financial as well, making a different costume for the regular MOTW and the giant MOTW has got to be expensive, especially if it's a full-body suit. Thus just the one full suit an episode.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I like the premise of this episode. I felt like the execution was lacking though.

Building up Jewel to be a better leader is clearly going to be a long arc, and I'm interested to see where that goes. But it does need to be handled with some finesse, which this episode was lacking. As Phoenix512 hits square on the head, this episode just sort of launches into everyone training Jewel. It's not a great setup, and equally it's hard to think that the other four are all so stupid as to not see that they're wearing Jewel out. I get that it's being played for laughs, but perhaps is a gag that dragged on a bit much?

Meanwhile, Garza's interactions with the Miser Brothers* is interesting. I didn't see the backstab coming. And we learned something important about the character as well: he hates weakness (which is super common for Sentai villains, but not so explicit and universal). Still, I didn't particularly like the setup here either. Why even bother with the plotting? He could have offed Snow Miser in act 1. If it was meant to be a test of the brothers, then it could have been handled better.

The lager plot to break the mashins is quite clever, though. Cycling between rapid heating and cooling is a legitimate way to break crystals (and other durable objects). So score one for the writers in giving the villains a good scheme. And the crew did a great job decorating Kirameijin; the cracks over the lit portions of the suit look great. And making full use of the suit's lighting to have it flicker is a nice touch. I still think the design of the robo is kind of rubbish overall (and oh man, that front page post really shows how the toy is even worse), but the crew is definitely making lemonade out of lemons here by doing so many shoots in the dark.

*Sidenote: I can't not think of the Snow Miser/Heat Miser song when those two are attacking

Next week
Spoiler
So we're getting a secondary robo just 8 episodes in? Wow, that's quick. Has that ever happened before? I feel like they've always been episode 10 or later previously
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:07 pm Man, is anyone else noticing how sexual the Mashin are about their partners?
I don't know about all of the Mashin, but it's hard to listen to Mach and not think it's meant to be innuendo of some kind. :shock:
takenoko wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:07 pm Alt Title: Poor kid, I bet all that training weakened his immune system
Haha. Oh man, that's terrible. :lol:
-Here's the interesting bit, Garuza is the Japanese spelling for the "gard" part of Utgard-Loki, a Jotun who owned a castle in Jotunheim
I think a lot of the Jotunheim/Norse stuff had already been pointed out. But this is the first time that anyone has noted that there's a Loki connection in the names. Neat!
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:09 pm I wonder if there are budget restrictions on costumes this year? I mean, they've made it work and it fits the goofy tone they are working with, so it's not like its distracting.
That's certainly a theory I've been batting around as well. They've gone with a theme that allows for simple MOTW suits on the ground, while the giant fights are reusing suits with minor redecorations. It has to be a whole lot cheaper than coming up with a brand-new MOTW nearly every week.
JustiFanV2 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:18 am
So admittedly I'm kind of pulling this one out of my arse, but sometimes I wonder whether at least one factor in the more simplistic monster costumes is that they might be intentionally scaling back a little to save their creative juices for the big 45 next year. Same with there not really being any proper collectible gimmick this season: have a smaller toy line this year, let kids and their parents save a bit of cash for when the anniversary toys go all out.
Admittedly Toei will do an anniversary project for the flimsiest of reasons, but 45 isn't really a big anniversary, is it? I'm not expecting much until the big 50 in 2026.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”