Kiramager Episode 11 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:24 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 11 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: Didn't bother last week

Alt Title: Everyone Stand Away from Jyuuru

We have a pretty good shot of the CARAT tree here, does anyone know where that is in real life?

Again this series with its funky morals. "Clealry you weren't trying hard enough, Yellow. So try harder!"

Tame, be sure to wash that hand after grabbing Jyuru.

What's with the weird chronology of the epiphany segment? Suddenly Tame has time to go out and have a conversation with Jyuuru before the monster appears. And even though he's long left the match, Youjirou apparently takes hours to pack his stuff to leave???

No handshaking! That was the old ways!x

Que bom, isn't that a phrase from another sentai?

The compositing of the Kiramagers running at their mecha is pretty fun. It makes their mecha look kind of small though

Mental note, make a gif of Tame's movements at the end of this episode

Is anyone else tired of the sixth member tease? It feels like it's been teased for months now, it's not interesting anymore
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 11 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Has the repeating day plot been done in Sentai before? I know I've seen it a bunch in other TV shows but can't think of it being done here. I feel like the runtime of an episode isn't enough to really take it in, but still a good episode regardless.

I actually really liked the message of this episode. Tame isn't the typical goofy yellow stereotype, but is laid back along with being skilled. The idea that if he was always at 100% even when he didn't need to be was neat. I enjoyed the fact that just continued to outskill the monster until he just gave up.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

It's great to have the show back with what I consider another winner of an episode. There's like a standard formula, I think, for these kind of groundhog day stories, and this episode seems to purposefully speeds past the setup, what with Tametomo immediately realising what kind of situation he is and immediately jumping to what might be obvious solutions to the problem. I know some might consider that a pacing problem, but I thought it was very fitting here. Plus it wouldn't have been that fun to literally watch the same scene multiple times.

...Well, I say that, but the sequence near the end as Tametomo just repeatedly beats on the monster's reset button over and over despite the latter's increasingly desperate attempts to stop it was really great and funny. I loved that the pro gamer's tactic to win here was making his opponent ragequit. After that, there's not really a mecha fight, but I do kinda respect how the show outright says 'this is only going to last a second!' and that's exactly what happens.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

They might have done a time loop episode before this one but I'm not 100% sure. Also REALLY liking the design of KirameiSilver. It reminds me of RyusoulGold from last year...which was the only suit that had a decent design IMO xD
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Zyuohger had a time loop episode too.

I like to think Tametomo being stuck in a time loop represents SHT being stuck in one for the last few weeks, being forced to relive old events.

You can REALLY tell the cast are avoiding being near each-other.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

There was a timeloop episode in Timeranger too, and it was pretty good.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

If I'm not wrong, Shovellow's dialogs in that one scene referenced Hurricanger and Shinkenger too alongside Ryusoulger
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:48 am If I'm not wrong, Shovellow's dialogs in that one scene referenced Hurricanger and Shinkenger too alongside Ryusoulger
Damn, I didn't even catch those. Nice!
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Yay, we're back!
Good ol' groudhog's day episode, though I wish they had done more team interactions during the time loop.

Spoiler
Man, remember when sixth rangers used to be introduced around ep 20, whatever happened to that?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 pm
Spoiler
Man, remember when sixth rangers used to be introduced around ep 20, whatever happened to that?
No idea. Lupin VS Pat had that and I think that it get delayed that long was because of balancing the fillers for both teams and robot formation. KyuuRanger is quite confusing to say the least since Tsurugi looks like extra ranger but he got as much screentime as Shou. The only one who felt like an extra is Kotaro since he's quite young. For this year, its not surprising since both series has been delayed and kids would love to see something new as compensation. Technically, they are waiting something new for five episodes. I don't quite remember well but its pretty common to have sixth rangers around 15-17 for most cases. I think Shinkenger was somewhere in this range. Early as it could be would be around episode 9-11 like Kyouryuuger and latest would be 20-21 like Lupin VS Pat.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

CheetahLynx wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:42 pm
Spoiler
Spoiler
It's called "Schedules are out of sync and toys are already in stores, try to work it out the best you can".
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I sure hope that Tame went back and played a rematch against the retiring gamer once all the time loops were done. It would be really sad if he never got closure lol.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Tame totally went Dr. Strange on the Reset Jamen. Reset giving up was great. I don't recall an enemy commander who has killed his own allies this early on than Garzua has. He killed Freezer and Reset so far.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i forgot how this series is a feel good series to watch and Jyuuryu i still think is a good Red for how he supports his team, which i hope amounts to them getting a TEAM power up like SWAT mode or ill even settle for a Shinkenger Style power up super mode.
my only disappointment with this episode is last time we saw Blue trying to harness his Kiramental into his Sword Techniques, this week we didnt see Yellow doing that, and for the guy who wants to over throw his red to be the team leader, it would make more sense.
hope they give Blue an arc that mirrors Alto's story from Macross Frontier, namely the part where he tolds hes piloting because hes and actor who is the character the times call for, and they do something close to that with Blue.
was this the first time they used Express with out Trypticon?
btw my money is still on "uncle" turning around in a very Burai/Dragon Ranger way. or Gaosilver. we'kk know when its going to happen when we see Trypciaon in his stone form and talking to Uncle.
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

As I was starting to watch this ep. I started thinking, what color would the extra ranger be since they are suppose to be gems and the usual gold and silver are ores and not gems. Would they use a special gem color? As for the episode glad to have new episodes again.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”