Kiramager Episode 12 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:24 am

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
7%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 12 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.67 of 5 stars (12 votes)

Alt Title: Wanda!

Gotta admit I wasn't feeling the Sentai love here. "First impressions, silver is annoying. What a dumb fake laugh." He did grow on me as the episode progressed, but it definitely felt like not much of a team episode with Jyuuru isolating at HQ and everyone else just showing up to record lines for when they're in their suits.

Sayo, you just met the guy. Pretty sure smooches aren't social distancing! Gotta say that Sayo feels kind of nerfed in this episode. Immobile and forced to be carried around at the whims of Wanda man, doesn't feel like the usual strong, independent Sayo that we usually get. On the other side, having it just focus on Sayo and Wanda's relationship did feel a bit less generic than if the whole team were around to react to everything.

Hopefully we won't get months of the show where it's more masked screen time than unmasked.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kiramager Episode 12 released

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:24 am Hopefully we won't get months of the show where it's more masked screen time than unmasked.
If there's ever a reason to have flashbacks of PR Dino Thunder, there it is.

Though funny enough, Sakamoto worked on that one. So Toei does have a director with some experience on the matter...
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

As far as sixth ranger debuts go, this one doesn't really do anything unique or different at all, but it was still done fine. Looks like they are saving things like his character and team interactions for next week. It's definitely at least flashier and more fun than RyusoulGold's first episode.

I... will get used to Silver's design, it's kinda strange and kinda looks like if BoukenSilver obtained the power of Mugen Damashii. I actually like that jackhammer and how he awkwardly swings it around like a sword!
Last edited by BreadToku on Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Trivia. Takamichi is the first Sentai Ranger that kissed a female ranger. In the power ranger counterpart, the first to do this was Tommy Oliver.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Mighty Action X wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 am Trivia. Takamichi is the first Sentai Ranger that kissed a female ranger. In the power ranger counterpart, the first to do this was Tommy Oliver.
That seems hard to believe with Sentai being on for 60 yaers
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

rip to Hikaru who never got to kiss his wife.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Takamichi scored in his first episode.

Canalo in shambles.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

I really hope they do a decent romance here with Taka and Sayo. The last good one was way back in Jetman.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh no, I totally don't want silver to end up with pink. Platonic relationship only please!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

A kiss in the debut episode?! That's like 3rd base for jp kids tv
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'll bet he'll be a bit of a perv. At least Sayo is a women of her word even after finding out what she had to do.

Have to agree that she definitely got dumber for this episode. It took her a lot longer then it should have to work out he was carrying similar tech to her given she's a genius doctor.

Really digged that scene with pineapple boss walking out. Can't wait to hear what the backstory is.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I feel like the walk out is an obvious feint at drama, but it did seem pretty dramatic in the moment. Also, kind of feel like pineapple boss looks kinda like Takamchi, so maybe he's his dad or uncle?
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

The show makes the involved characters oblivious over the obvious fact just for the sake of the 'big reveal' which does not sit well to us adults but then again, this is a kid's show.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Mighty Action X wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 am Trivia. Takamichi is the first Sentai Ranger that kissed a female ranger. In the power ranger counterpart, the first to do this was Tommy Oliver.
If you wanna get meta, Deka Pink and Deka Break are married. And frankly I refuse to believe nothing has happened at some drunken wrap party.

I did enjoy all the memes with Makoto-niichan and Alain-sama though.

I wonder actually if the kiss was shot before lockdown. We know Takamichi had already shot stuff, and I feel like it's something they wouldn't wanna do now.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

um i thought Dekapink was married to Deka Green?

I think Sayo was more onto him than what you guys give her credit for. She began taking interest in what he was looking for, im guessing to see what he was about. She may not have wanted to reveal who she was, as its unclear is what they do with Carat is secret or not, despite them not wearing masks, but thats never an issue with Toei ... :cough:lupinranger:cough: i mean a lot of times the heroes true identities are completely unknown despite them being seen in crowds transforming.

as far as Silver goes, his helmet reminds me of a Rhino. The jackhammer was a nice idea, but hard to believe as a weapon when its SOOOO toy looking. Im kind of wondering if his human form is a hologram/disguise akin to the Jyumen, but this explains his huge strength and carrying Sayo around. its kind of neat how they chose to bring in the idea of some Kiramei stones going bad because they dont develop self awareness. im guessing thats Silvers mission? and conflict why he wont join them easily in true 6th ranger fashion. but as for the bad kiremei stones, the Monstones, also an interesting plot device that they power up the MOTW instead of being a second MOTW to deal with, especially with them being needed to be found sop it can be random i guess.

still hoping Uncle becomes a member at some point.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”