Kiramager Episode 14 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆
17%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 14 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Kiramager's rating for episode 12 : 4.5 / 5 stars (14 votes)
No rating for episode 13 yet

Alt Title: Call the Toqgers

Was there footage of the old lady vacumming that was cut?

I like the addition of Takamichi dancing with Muryou and the princess in the ending sequence, since it shows him as being from both worlds, but that last shot is bad compositing since there's not enough room for them to be next to each other, so when they lean they go transparent

I initially thought it was cool that Garuza was giving Takamichi bad advice, since Garuza is also a loner... but at the end he was doing it to sabotage him? What is this, 50 year in advance chess, how long as Garuza been planning to betray everyone?

I was excited to see the train kaijin drive a train, but he immediately goes in dino mode. Also that mask must weigh a lot
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kiramager Episode 14 released

Post by Mighty Action X »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 pm I initially thought it was cool that Garuza was giving Takamichi bad advice, since Garuza is also a loner... but at the end he was doing it to sabotage him? What is this, 50 year in advance chess, how long as Garuza been planning to betray everyone?
It's just a matter of making him unsuited as an heir given that if Mabusheena is deemed unsuited, Takamichi is technically the one next in line.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This episode was a lot of fun. It's classic 'our sixth ranger learns to get along with the team' episode which I'm all for. I was never under the impression that Takamichi was the kind of sixth to continue doing his whole thing for very long, and while I did wonder to myself if we could have gone longer with him acting like a loner, I'm pretty satisfied with this. It's a pretty perfect time to have a new updated opening and ending, and his addition to the role-call and team pose is just magnificent. It's kinda funny how he has to get kinda shafted in the ending dance, which maybe isn't too surprising since the song is specifically all about the five main Mashins.

The actual story is straightforward, but also fresh (shining, even?!) like so much of Kiramager has been. I do also like how Garuza has built this intense dynamic with both Silver and Red. I guess I just appreciate that he has more interesting relationships beyond just the 'main' rivalry. Also any excuse to see King Express again is nice.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

So, does the Jewel and Silver pose signify any Japanese character?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I find it strange that the moral of this episode is that Silver can't do everything by himself comes about from being almost naked and unable to find his changer in the destroyed bath house. It works better when there is a strong monster he can't beat.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

A mecha vaccuum cleaner? gtfo!

ANYWAY..... im guessing Garuza wanted to be king, but when their was 1 heir, then 2, it seemed more out of reach. and im betting that the King needs to be a people person. Interesting that this episode featured Silver piloted Express king, and they didnt use his mecha again showing off more of what it can do, or its obvious robo mode. Instead he piloted a mecha that brings together the team and his former mentor.

whatever happened to the day when the 6th ranger took some time to join the core team? like, StarNinger took a good many episodes before he began working with the rest and was banned to hawaii for an episode too. TheWorld didnt come around quickly either ... in fact i think it was damn near the end of the season before he fully warmed up to everyone but that was a special case. Noel too wasnt fully trusted by either side until it was revealed he wasnt human, then it changed a bit. Canalo didnt take very long and techically wasnt against the Ryusoulgers, he just wanted a wife. i skipped Kyuranger because they had 12 members so who cares if Ho-oh solider didnt join, they had 11 other people!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Is it me, or did this episode seem kind of rushed? It had several good ideas in it, but it felt like it went through all of the motions in a very quick pace, without necessarily stitching everything together in an organic way.

Otherwise I kind of liked the MOTW. The monster department clearly put some extra effort into this one with the head piece: having it emit smoke looked really cool. I think Takenoko is right though: something that complex must have weighed a ton.:o
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:40 pm I find it strange that the moral of this episode is that Silver can't do everything by himself comes about from being almost naked and unable to find his changer in the destroyed bath house. It works better when there is a strong monster he can't beat.
So I had the same thought at first. But after thinking about it, I like this way a lot more. Silver was utterly humiliated: he was half-naked (mama-sans go woo!) and unable to do anything because he didn't take proper care of his gear. And more importantly he couldn't fix the problem on his own. That's much worse than just losing to a stronger monster; losing a fight doesn't usually cost you your pride.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 pm I like the addition of Takamichi dancing with Muryou and the princess in the ending sequence, since it shows him as being from both worlds, but that last shot is bad compositing since there's not enough room for them to be next to each other, so when they lean they go transparent
This is strange to say, but the ED is by and large made worse by adding Silver. The crew kind of went all-out on the original version: the lyrics specifically mention (just) the core 5, they did a bunch of group dance choreography in a rented mansion, etc. Adding Silver to all of that was very clearly a hack-job, and as you correctly note, he literally doesn't fit into the picture.

Along with the bad compositing there, it looks like they also composited him in to the part where he's dancing with Pineapple Boss (despite the fact that it's new footage). Meanwhile the part where they quickly cycle through the 6 of them individually dancing has the core 5 at the mansion, and then Silver on a very different soundstage. Coupled with the fact that he's just not in a lot of shots, and it all looks very haphazard.

I'm guessing this is another COVID thing, but none the less it makes a mess of one of the better EDs as of late.
midorininger wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:52 am A mecha vaccuum cleaner? gtfo!
Right? I had to roll my eyes at that one. :lol:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:35 am This is strange to say, but the ED is by and large made worse by adding Silver. The crew kind of went all-out on the original version: the lyrics specifically mention (just) the core 5, they did a bunch of group dance choreography in a rented mansion, etc.
Minor bit of trivia, it's actually a wedding venue!

https://www.anniversaire.co.jp/wedding/omiya/
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:44 am
ViRGE wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:35 am This is strange to say, but the ED is by and large made worse by adding Silver. The crew kind of went all-out on the original version: the lyrics specifically mention (just) the core 5, they did a bunch of group dance choreography in a rented mansion, etc.

Daym. It costs a large fortune I'm sure, but that's a heck of a venue! :shock:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:32 am
Lunagel wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:44 am

Daym. It costs a large fortune I'm sure, but that's a heck of a venue! :shock:
70 guests for 30k, so yeah... They do have a wedding photoshoot package where it's just pictures, no guests, for about 1k which is pretty reasonable actually
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:10 am
ViRGE wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:32 am Daym. It costs a large fortune I'm sure, but that's a heck of a venue! :shock:
70 guests for 30k, so yeah... They do have a wedding photoshoot package where it's just pictures, no guests, for about 1k which is pretty reasonable actually
At ~$430/head, that's actually a bit cheaper than I was expecting.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

What I find weird is that Garuza still brings the Train with him, I mean sure it's probably the only means for him to travel between Jodumheim and Earth without using any Source of Dark Energy?

Anyways apart from him sabotaging and killing of Motw by himself, why give the Monster the Mecha in the first place, it's already established that the Kiras can hijack it, and Garuza can just so cancel it with his Jamental, which he doesn't. So it does little except for the Train bording a Train Gag.

The other thing is what has the Show with its weak gaslighting Backstories, it's the same as for the Poem-Game Sena Episode, Silver gets a "you work better alone" one time from Garuza, and it completly changed his whole Persona?

The Redemption isn't that great either, but it kinda works out, specially since the "you work better alone" Origin isn't that strong founded either.

I'd rather had hoped that Silvers Obsession with Treasure came from some Place that Garuza, kidnapped, poisoned or did something else to someone who is important to Silver, blaming it on Jodumheim (or better yet a former Friend/Partner from Silver), and his only chance to save the Person was some sort a Special Sparkly Stone (yes I suck at remembering Names, my apologies)

Still enjoyable Episode, but I really hope they go for some more sophisticated Backstories/Reasonings as the Show goes on.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”