Kiramager Episode 15 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

☆☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
21%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 15 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.18 out of 5 stars (11 votes

Alt Title: Blue cool?

Is this really the first time the Kiramagers met Kurantula?

How does silver's treasure hunts help? It seems like if he doesn't disturb the Monstones, they'll just remain passive forever

It was funny when they mistook Kurantula for Daruma-san Falls Down Jamen, but where've the Jamenshi been lately. I don't think they had a Jamenshi last time either

Alright episode. It's fun to see blue lose his cool when paired with silver weirdo. Mecha action was brief, but appreciated the creative use of a vacuum. Now that's how you attack from a distance.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Re: Kiramager Episode 15 released

Post by xiiliea »

NSFW
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Any Shigeru episode is automatically a 11/10. Shit he's good.

Him and Silver worked really well together, more then I was expecting. I think because they are similar but different at the same time. Both a cool on the surface pretty boys but act like idiots at times, and the characters play off each other well. I doubt we'll get more of it as it seems we're in for a slate of Silver + one other member episodes, but I loved it none the less.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well that was certainly the weirdest opening I've seen in quite a long time for a Sentai episode.:lol:

Overall this episode was okay, but it didn't really click with me. High-stakes red light/green light is, at the end of the day, still red light/green light. "MOTW makes the rangers play a game" is a well-recycled Sentai plot, which is fine, but it requires a pretty hefty suspension of disbelief to work.

Meanwhile, I've come to a realization: I don't like Silver. Thankfully he's not as bad as Jyuoh The World - you'd have to work pretty hard to make a character that insufferable - but he's pretty far down the list. He doesn't add much to the team, and in a lineup of zany characters he feels redundant. Obviously he has a whole character arc to go through yet, but even Jyuuru was less grating after his fourth episode.

Finally, I think I'm going to need some marshmallows for next week...
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:26 pm Is this really the first time the Kiramagers met Kurantula?
It is indeed. The COVID break is screwing with our expectations a bit. In terms of calendar time, in a typical series the rangers would have met all the starting commanders long ago. But we're only 15 episodes into Kiramager.
How does silver's treasure hunts help? It seems like if he doesn't disturb the Monstones, they'll just remain passive forever
I'm glad I'm not the only person who had that thought! He's batting 1-for-4 right now on finding actual treasures, which is terrible odds when the alternative is letting out a world-ending monster.

From a production standpoint, it comes off as cheap filler. Need to burn some time? Break out the Monstone suit and have a no-consequences fight. It's like a mook fight, but less interesting.
but where've the Jamenshi been lately. I don't think they had a Jamenshi last time either
We had a Jamenshi for episode 14 - that was the train one. The other absence was the episode before that. I'm assuming it's all COVID-related, but at the end of the day it's very noticeable. The Jamenshi suits are pretty damned cheap to begin with, so it's really weird not to have a MOTW.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm gonna take a guess and say that whatever treasure Takamichi is looking for is what will allow his Mashin to turn into a robot. They're surprisingly taking their time with debuting it, favouring for now the new auxiliary mechs even though the first batch all appeared in a single episode! Not a complaint, as I think the current pace of merchandise is pretty nice.

Shigeru might possibly be my favourite character as of this moment? I definitely find him the funniest out of all them, at least. I almost wish the entire latter half was him and Takamichi fumbling together to save the day, and the stuff with the sibling tension could be handled in a different episode. It was still fine as is though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:03 am Overall this episode was okay, but it didn't really click with me. High-stakes red light/green light is, at the end of the day, still red light/green light. "MOTW makes the rangers play a game" is a well-recycled Sentai plot, which is fine, but it requires a pretty hefty suspension of disbelief to work.
The interesting thing is, it could be argued that the rangers put Shiina and the darumaized people into more danger by running a drill through the area where Kurantula was. Shiina won the game fair and square, thus making their actions superfluous
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Are they going to have a scene where Takamichi is eating an American style breakfast and he jumps up proclaiming "Wonder Bread!!"
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

I agree with ViRGE. Kiramei Silver? just makes me want this series to end. I'm ready to go on to the next one. Which is sad cause i was having a good time till he showed up. He's just so damn blah
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:14 am
ViRGE wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:03 am Overall this episode was okay, but it didn't really click with me. High-stakes red light/green light is, at the end of the day, still red light/green light. "MOTW makes the rangers play a game" is a well-recycled Sentai plot, which is fine, but it requires a pretty hefty suspension of disbelief to work.
The interesting thing is, it could be argued that the rangers put Shiina and the darumaized people into more danger by running a drill through the area where Kurantula was. Shiina won the game fair and square, thus making their actions superfluous
Aha. I was wondering where the twisted moral of the week was! :lol:
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Good god I lost it when Sena crashed into the stairs while trying to stop. Leave it to Japan to make something like Daruma-san ga koronda more fucked up then it needed to be xD
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

This was a solid episode (pun not intended). Takamichi and Shiguru is my favorite "6th plus core member" pairing in the series thus far, though I'm curious how he and Tametomo will play off of each other.

As for the Folktale, this is one of only 2 versions of "3 Little Pigs" I've seen where they're friends with the wolf at the end. It was decent for what it is, though I'm still left wondering why each episode only has 1 or 2 of the Mashin's voice actors instead of all 5.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Zerato wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 am As for the Folktale, this is one of only 2 versions of "3 Little Pigs" I've seen where they're friends with the wolf at the end. It was decent for what it is, though I'm still left wondering why each episode only has 1 or 2 of the Mashin's voice actors instead of all 5.
I'm a little confused as to why they're doing this at all. Was it meant to be a filler during hte shutdown that only just now got released?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Probably incase they had to extend the hiatus.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:28 pm Probably incase they had to extend the hiatus.
It's not like these would ever air on TV, though.

They're harmless enough. But they're very low effort. So I'm with Takenoko: I don't see the point.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

hm! another Silver episode, YET they still havent FULLY showcased his mecha to sell the toy! this is different! i like it! its like the older sentai series where they didnt do mecha fights until after episode 5 to give the rangers a chance to shine a bit.

anywho, As far as Takamichi collecting the monstones ... Wasn't he the first victim on them? and IIRC, if a monstone finds a jamenshi, it greatly powers them up. So preventative action is key here i'd say, but also, making sure no human finds them self in a state similar to Silver. But hey maybe collecting them serves some greater purpose? perhaps they were part of a bigger stone that needs to be rebuilt? granted, Takamichi did say they were flawed Kiramei stones who something something but didnt get a consciousnesses, and thus mindlessly rampage something something, but that could be just what he was told or a lie. not that the writters will be clever enough to pull something like that. not anymore.

this late into the year and im still having issue remembering the characters names. i almost forgot the series because of the hiatus. at least i was able to binge watch Fiveman.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”