Kiramager Episode 22 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:09 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
75%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 22 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.25 / 5 stars (12 votes)

Alt Title: Numa Numa jo

Loved the dynamic camera for the fight scenes. Feels like a lot of effort was put into making these fights feel exciting.

Everyone kind of helped out. I don't even mind if we don't get the other two mcguffins

King Express gets new pants

Wait, that preview is weird. Didn't the queen crumble to dust?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 22 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Something felt off to me about the last two episodes. Coupled with the fact that that the new mecha seems like a rehash of an existing one, it feels like the movie plot done over two episodes instead.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

takenoko wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:09 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.25 / 5 stars (12 votes)

Alt Title: Numa Numa jo

Loved the dynamic camera for the fight scenes. Feels like a lot of effort was put into making these fights feel exciting.

Everyone kind of helped out. I don't even mind if we don't get the other two mcguffins

King Express gets new pants

Wait, that preview is weird. Didn't the queen crumble to dust?
Well you forget that time travel can be a total bitch. If you mess up even the TINIEST LITTLE THING, the timeline can be totally fucked and your present unrecognizable. So well they did the logical thing by not interfering with the battle against the witch, the very fact that they delayed the King, Queen and Takamichi of the past might have ended up making it so she survives. Now as for the curse Mabushina had, it probably is gone but I'm still calling bullshit. They kind of built it up as being a big plot point that would become a major event and a race against time but NOPE, AQUA STONE IS BACK AND THE CURSE IS GONE!!! To quote Deadpool in his second movie, "Well now, that's just lazy writing."
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:29 am Something felt off to me about the last two episodes. Coupled with the fact that that the new mecha seems like a rehash of an existing one, it feels like the movie plot done over two episodes instead.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who had that thought. I'm not convinced that this was the movie's plot (at least, not as originally envisioned), but at a minimum it definitely feels like they stuffed the movie mecha into this episode. And judging from the ample use of CGI and fancy fight scenes, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they used some of the movie's budget as well. This was easily the highest production values seen on Kiramager thus far.*

Speaking of action, I see Toei brought in Sakamoto to direct this one. It's not the least bit surprising, but it's kind of interesting since they didn't use any of his trademark wire-fu. The close-up style they used instead turned out very good, so there are no complaints here. But I wonder if this means he's branching out a bit?

Plot-wise I don't think there's anything that was particularly surprising here. The episode moved about as you'd expect it to, right down to the cup theft failing and the team finding an alternative, to the Aqua stone being used for King Express #2. I guess this means Princess Baby Puke is going to live, but eh, not every episode can have a happy ending. :lol:

This does however raise the question of what the Kiramagers are going to spend their big wish on once they collect the rest of the dragon balls.

Moral of the week: I've got nothing

* The number of various effects they had going on during Red's fight with the witch is seriously impressive. Not only are they doing CG inserts of the background and CG effects, but they're also very consistently color-grading the background (and just the background) to be purple. Normally that kind of effect is very hard to do. It only noticeably falters once, when Jewel is standing behind some plants

SHT Bumper
Spoiler
I guess the SHT bumper is spoiling a team power-up for the Kiramagers? Those shield thingies haven't been in the show yet...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Oh it was Sakamoto
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Really? No wire-fu and shots of the heroines legs so I didn't pick it up.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I liked the episode, although when I started watching I had to check to see if I downloaded the right episode.

Since time travel is on the table will we have a crossover with Zi-O or Den-O?

I have changed my mind about which shoujo manga Kiramager reminds me of. I now think it reminds me of Maria-sama ga Miteru:
spoilers for MariMite

In Maria-sama ga Miteru (the Virgin Mary is Watching) Yumi Fukuzawa, a completely ordinary shy girl, goes to a elite Catholic girls school (since her mother is an alumni). Many of the other girls at the school are rich, cultured, and super model beautiful. One day Sachiko Ogasawara, one of the most admired girls in the school and the "little sister" of one of the members of the all powerful student council, "corrects" Yumi by straightening her tie. One of Yumi's friends, Tsutako Takeshima of the newspaper club, takes a picture of this incident and convinces Yumi to ask Sachiko to allow the picture to be shown at a school festival. Much to Yumi's embarrassment and shock, when her and Tsutako arrive at the house that hosts the student council activities Sachiko tells the members of the council that she has chosen Yumi to be her "little sister" (which would mean that Yumi would become a full student council member when she became a senior). At first Yumi is very overwhelmed being with all these elite girls, but through the strength of her heart and her powers of observation Yumi is able to carve her own path in this strange new world.

So, the reason why Kiramager reminds me of MariMite is because Jewel is a completely ordinary shy person who is unexpectedly caught up in a strange new would of elite people and has to use the power of his heart and his keen sense of observation to carve his own path.

(Oddly enough, there is another anime, Kannazuki no Miko, with a similar setting where the two main girls randomly have to use mecha to fight a Sailor Moon hierarchical villian team.)
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:18 pm Really? No wire-fu and shots of the heroines legs so I didn't pick it up.
And this is his second Kiramager outing as well. Weird.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

The fight scene for Jyuuru is pretty awesome. Best part of this episode.

So, that's it? No more gathering Kanaema Stones? Or are they using those to restore Crystallia and presumably Oladdin if they still finds them.

I still like the normal King Express better than KE Zabyun. The chainsaw and monster head is more menacing.

Just a heads up, next week onwards about 9 weeks continuously. They are promoting new songs by temporarily replacing the ending song.

https://nihonhero.weebly.com/home/kiram ... namis-song

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”