Kiramager Episode 32 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:03 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
69%
☆☆☆☆
23%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 32 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.17 / 5 stars (12 votes)

Alt Title: Is this a part of the Christmas two-parter?

The Yodom Army seems like they're going all out in this episode

Feels like a Sayo-focused episode, but while she gets to be smart a few times, she's dumb in that she lets the guy get away instead of abandoning him to his fate like he deserves

Hope you guys learned the meaning of shouganai!

Notes:
Is this edging?

I can't believe these girls are still wearing shorts in this weather

I thoguht Sayo was wearing a lab coat, but her personal clothes just look like that
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kiramager Episode 32 released

Post by ViRGE »

Oh snap! I wasn't expecting a two-parter based on the preview. And with 3 giant monsters, no less. Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Anyhow, it's taken 32 episodes, but Sayo finally gets a good focus episode. For as utterly silly as the bits were with the rest of the team and Riddler Jamen (or gossiping over Sayo's date), the bits with her were genuinely good. For whatever reason they really haven't used her as a dramatic character in her own focus episodes, so it's about time the character and the actress got something serious to do. Granted, she did goof in helping her turncoat boyfriend, but how she (emotionally) reacted once the ruse was up was consistent with her character as portrayed throughout the series.

Meanwhile Shiguru is not taking this date very well...

Moving on, we have Garuza and his big plan. Getting him out of the picture gave Yodonna some time to bloom as a mid-series addition, so throwing him out for a few episodes was the right thing to do. But it's nice to have him back with plan that's more than "send out yet another MOTW". That he can control one of the mashins is a bit contrived, but I'll go with it. Especially since it sets up a revenge fight between him and Oladdin (I just hope this isn't his curtain call).

And 3 giant monsters at once! It's time for the obligatory all-team robo showdown.:D

I have to say, while it only works in short bursts, I love Toei's old school design sensibilities here. A monster with a giant yellow tank cannon for a head! You don't get much more classic than that.

Stray observations:
  • Whoever put in the sound of glass breaking as the team ran out of the base at the start has good comic timing. It was exactly as stupid as it needed to be, and not an iota more
  • Hey, night fighting! Shame we only got a short bit of it, but it's always fun to get that extra contrast of bright, shiny spandex suits against the darkness.
  • It's nice to have the original ED back. It's a catchy song
  • "I have something to show you" leads to the dude showing Sayo his seed. That joke writes itself...
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:03 pm Alt Title: Is this a part of the Christmas two-parter?
We're a month early for Christmas. So instead they're doing away with it, I'd think not?
Notes:
Is this edging?
I was going to say "no, edging would be spread over multiple episodes". But this is a two-parter, so I'm not sure I can actually refute you...
I can't believe these girls are still wearing shorts in this weather
They were wearing them all the way back at the series premiere, which would have filmed in the coldest parts of winter. So for better or worse, those poor girls are going to be wearing hot pants right through the new year.:o
Last edited by ViRGE on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, the edging note was from the start of the date where the guy started a sentence like half a dozen times
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

My favourite bits of the episode is by far the rest of the team going nuts as they gossip about Sayo's date. Tametomo and Sena being the most excited by far, Shiguru and Takamichi looking like they're in despair, it's all just so great.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty great episode. Looks like Yodonheim are making a serious offensive for once.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

BreadToku wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:18 am My favourite bits of the episode is by far the rest of the team going nuts as they gossip about Sayo's date. Tametomo and Sena being the most excited by far, Shiguru and Takamichi looking like they're in despair, it's all just so great.
Oh right, I forgot they were doing a thing about Takamichi and Sayo for a couple episodes. Guess that didn't fly very well with people after it was revealed he's like 2-3 times her age
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:24 am
takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:03 pm Alt Title: Is this a part of the Christmas two-parter?
We're a month early for Christmas. So instead they're doing away with it, I'd think not?
Don't forget that we're also a few weeks short due to the hiatus so it's entirely possible that this would've been set around Christmas-time.
Preview Talk
The fact that the next episode is a push to "buy all the robots" definitely leads credence to that, I think.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:51 am Don't forget that we're also a few weeks short due to the hiatus so it's entirely possible that this would've been set around Christmas-time.
That doesn't make sense to me.Not only would this episode have to be filmed well over three or so months in advance for that to be the case, but even if that was somehow true, the hiatus would have delayed it to take place after Christmas-time.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Episode felt rather meh to me. Sure it was a Sayo themed episode but then the advance of Yodom is happening. the Sayo stuff felt like it could have been a nice filler episode and the yodom stuff would have been better without the Sayo plot, ESPECIALLY since the potential BF wasnt under mind control, and apparently had been in cahoots with Yodonna for some time, or at least enough time to analyze them. but the whole, "this is the time when Jamenju form and it happens to be a big harvest" or whatever reminds me of Shinkengers summer movie and summer time when the Sanzu river reaches its peak and the gedoshu are at their strongest or something akin to that.
anyways .... it dawned on me that im liking this season much more than i thought i was going to. i remember originally thinking it was going to be lame but no, im liking it quite a bit. i hope this is the beginning of a good strong arc this season has needed, and i hope the core team at least devs individual weapons to fight whatever threat is coming, something like, "they need to harness their kiramental to make signature weapons that sparkle as much as they do and then theyll be unbeatable". i think that'd be a nice touch since they wouldnt have to rely on Juuryu for the new upgrades itd come from the individual.

also, SayoXtakamitchi isnt that ig a deal i think in japan? isnt japan a wee bit more cool about may december relationships? and isnt Sayo the eldest or second eldest of the core team since she has a professional job? like Takamitchi is something like in his mid to late 30s or early 40s at oldest? i mean, its not like he was born right in 1926 right? that is to say, their age gap isnt that great? 15 years maybe at most? unless he's over 50 ....
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Checked the Japanese wiki. He's 49 and she's 23/24. Assuming she's 24 now, that's a 25 year age gap

Muryou is 47 years old
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

BreadToku wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:09 pm
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:51 am Don't forget that we're also a few weeks short due to the hiatus so it's entirely possible that this would've been set around Christmas-time.
That doesn't make sense to me.Not only would this episode have to be filmed well over three or so months in advance for that to be the case, but even if that was somehow true, the hiatus would have delayed it to take place after Christmas-time.
Nah, I'm not suggesting they filmed it and then held off with the airing. I was thinking more that the script idea might have been set then and if we didn't have the hiatus then the idea could've come up more circa December; they just chose to schedule it now rather than wait until later. Something akin to:

Tsukada-P: "So, we should do another two-parter. Those are fun. Anyone have any ideas?"
Arakawa: "Well, I had this script but it feels more like it'd be better off around episode 38/39. It's pretty high-stakes so I had a big idea in mind"
Tsukada-P: "*Reads script* Hmm, yeah, I see. Well, our schedule's all thrown out of whack so how about we bump this up a few weeks? I know, I'll call up that director from Ultraman. You like Ultraman, right? Right, right?"
Arakawa: "Shit, man. That's all you had to say!"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'd like to think that is exactly how it went down.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

On a mostly-unrelated subject, what's that drink on the front page post? And what makes it worth $7?
Go-On Macaroni wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:19 pm Tsukada-P: "*Reads script* Hmm, yeah, I see. Well, our schedule's all thrown out of whack so how about we bump this up a few weeks? I know, I'll call up that director from Ultraman. You like Ultraman, right? Right, right?"
Arakawa: "Shit, man. That's all you had to say!"
:lol:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

takenoko wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:35 am
BreadToku wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:18 am My favourite bits of the episode is by far the rest of the team going nuts as they gossip about Sayo's date. Tametomo and Sena being the most excited by far, Shiguru and Takamichi looking like they're in despair, it's all just so great.
Oh right, I forgot they were doing a thing about Takamichi and Sayo for a couple episodes. Guess that didn't fly very well with people after it was revealed he's like 2-3 times her age
Clearly you didn't see the kicked puppy dog look he had on his face when everyone was discussing Sayo's date
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:46 pm On a mostly-unrelated subject, what's that drink on the front page post? And what makes it worth $7?
KirameiRed Strawberry
Lunagel wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:09 pm Clearly you didn't see the kicked puppy dog look he had on his face when everyone was discussing Sayo's date
I saw it, and blue too! There's something about Sayo. Clearly those two want to be dominated by her

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”