Kiramager Episode 34 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:12 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
67%
☆☆☆☆
33%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 15
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 34 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 5 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: What, last week was just a perfect score? Way to be sheeple!

Competent bad guys and a good plan? What have we done to deserve this? And it's fun to watch the heroes struggle against capable villains. Only low point is that they got rid of silver and the girls almost immediately with the mecha fight

Notes:

-The freeze frame is supposed to look cool, but blue and yellow have silly expressions D:

-So if they're all wearing jamen, does that mean they have real faces underneath them?

-lol, that rule for breaking Numaajo's mask is pretty suspicious

-Feels like they linger on yellow and blue's butt too long when they blow up Yodonna
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Kiramager Episode 34 released

Post by ViRGE »

I know I've said this a couple times before, but damn it's nice to have a face villain. Toei gets great mileage out of those foam rubber suits, but it's the little things that really make the difference, like being able to have a villain sit there and look visibly bored.

I figured after the big two-parter, that this episode would be written to be a lighthearted breather (as Toei are wont to do). Instead it's surprisingly serious; we have Garuza jacking a mecha, and Yodonna makes a pretty good play at killing Shiguru. It's a format that worked really well, so I'm certainly not going to complain!

It does seem a bit odd to have a Blue/Yellow this far into the series - normally something like that would come in the first half - but the results speak for themselves. The two actors work well together, and the writers did a good job of tying this episode's conflict into the threads spun out from Yodonna's debut. The underpinnings of the Tame/Yodonna rivalry still seem forced, but they're building some surprisingly solid episodes on top of it.

And Evil King Express was fun. Especially with King Express already having Smog Joukey as part of its base, the design spruces up real well with just some red decals in the eyes and a new mouth piece. We haven't seen King Express proper in a couple dozen episodes now, so even though it's a ploy to sell toys, it's nice that someone remembered that King Express exists, and that the robo's whole schtick is being fast.

The only meaningful complaint I have with this episode - and it's where the writers dropped the ball a bit - was having Garuza give up to go save Yodonna. It's a bit deus ex, and it makes it feel like the writers couldn't figure out how to naturally de-escalate the situation. "Okay, Garuza is about to win. How do we get out of this?" And admittedly, this does give the writers a chance to setup the introduction of the eponymous Emperor Yodom. But that could have been done in other ways as well, without deflating the tension from that robo fight.

On a side note, I guess this means Emperor Yodom's soul is hiding out in Yodonna?

Finally, the BGM they were using during the final fight with Yodonna (after Shiguru was cured) caught my ears; I don't recall having heard that one before. I'm a bit surprised they're introducing a new track this far into the series, but it's catchy.:)
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:12 pm Last Kiramager's rating: 5 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: What, last week was just a perfect score? Way to be sheeple!
As amazing as that would be, it's up to 14 votes now, and one of those is a 4. So a perfect score it is not. But I'm 99% sure that's still the highest score we've collectively given to a Sentai episode since voting started. :shock:
-Feels like they linger on yellow and blue's butt too long when they blow up Yodonna
Oh it's total fan service for the mamas. The only thing missing was the gratuitous shirtless scene. :lol:
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Another great Kiramager episode! I'm so glad with the state Kiramger is at right now. I really hope they can keep it like this till the end.
It was really awesome seeing Tametomo and Shiguru playing billiards. They are really good at it, just like Jyuuru said. And yes, of course, they were being "cool". Although I was confused when Jyuuru brought up "handsome guys" over here. No doubt, both of them are good-looking, but kinda irrelevant (to me) in this case.
I was surprised to see the episode title show up before the OP. Have they ever done that in SS before?
I was kinda surprised at the scene where Shiguru was hit by the poison and for a while, none of the Kiramagers had any lines. I was thinking that usually, someone would say something(like, "are you ok, Shiguru?", or maybe yell "Shiguru!!") in this scene. But for a few seconds there was nothing....
It was nice to see that they brought back the rivalry Tametomo had developed with Yodonna in episode 26 and how she came up with this plan after what he had told her about his reason for winning.
Garuza's plan of taking control of the Mashin Express was a nice move. We are seeing him come up with some really effective plans for the last few episodes.

I loved the scene where Tametomo dodged that slash of Shiguru's.
It was funny seeing Shiguru crash-land on Tametomo when he was jumping from Jetter.

I loved seeing the two guys being worried about each other and that bonding scene behind the truck. Liked how Tametomo was kinda consoling Shiguru every time his plan failed. I would've liked it if they introduced something like this episode's story earlier in the series. I feel that this came from out of nowhere. So it would've been better if we saw Tametomo and Shiguru's friendship grow before this episode too. Also, why was Yodonna was JUST SITTING there instead of trying to destroy them when they were hiding? I mean, she's a very smart commander whose moves are smarter than that.
This is also the first time I've seen their wounds transitioning over to their changing sequence. I didn't usually see them include that detail in any of their previous changing sequences.
Loved that plan they came up with at the end. Also, I think that after the Jamen broke, Tametomo said "Jyuuru's miracle godlike shot" and it was written as "Shiguru's miracle godlike shot" in the subtitles.
I kept thinking why Shiguru doesn't use the Kiramei Shot, why not at least this time. I was confused that Yodonna said her dialogue fast when the Kiramei Bullet was deflecting from the Kiramei shield, but she couldn't move away and save the Jamen at that time.
Again, why do the Kiramagers(all except Jyuuru) use only one weapon while fighting? Is it that Pink and Yellow own only 1 Kiramei Shot each and Blue and Green own only 1 Kiramei Sword each and those are their sole weapons? If so, why don't they ever swap weapons? Still didn't get a proper explanation for this case.

I didn't like that the girls and Takamichi had almost nothing to contribute in this episode apart from dialogues during the mecha fight. Sena was not only totally helpless, but all she did was pretty much yell "I can't control the Express" and, "Stop it, Garuza!". She wasn't even hurt unlike the others.
I also thought that Yodonna's face was looking more like a human than before. After her Yodon change in ep 25 I just thought she looked ugly. But in this one she looked nice, it could be because her make-up was better. And her facial expressions were also becoming more like a human and more believable.
And what was that dark energy coming from Yodonna after her defeat in the fight? Did she contact the Emperor Yodon directly to ask him for help and then Garuza rescued her after being ordered by Emperor Yodon?
It's nice to finally see a little more of Emperor Yodon. But that just means that Kiramager is nearing its end which is sad for me :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:
Overall, a great episode. Loved seeing Tametomo and Shiguru's friendship grow. Although I was totally like :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: at the last high-five(I don't know if that can be considered as a high-five though) scene. They were just trying to be A BIT TOO COOL.
And of course, just like Kudo Mio said in this week's cast blog, I want to see an episode focusing on just Sena and Sayo!!!! I hope they do it. :D :)
And for Numaajo's Jamen, I think after Numaajo had died, Yodonna just took her Jamen from her body because that was the only part that would be useful. And speaking of Numaajo, I thought that her dress was pretty cool. I never liked any villain's outfit or clothes before, but Numaajo's clothes were exceptionally stylish.
Spoiler
I'm looking forward to the next episode as well. A Mabushiina focused episode after a while. Hope they don't do something too crazy(that doesn't make sense or is just overboard) for the next episode.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:58 am The only meaningful complaint I have with this episode - and it's where the writers dropped the ball a bit - was having Garuza give up to go save Yodonna.
Yeah, but it also makes you go "dang, the bad guys almost won". How often does that happen?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I actually thought the way the fight ended was basically perfect. It connected the two ongoing plots in the episode, and was a logical explaination for Garuza to leave the fight without undermining his new power.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Smoke Jokey, the train of time. Will it's next stop be the past of the future? ...

Well, after this season, if the writers wanted to do a Female Red season all they would have to do to justify it is to point to Jewel and say "Did he do anything in that season that would seem weird if a girl did it?"

I was happy in a way that Yodonna didn't get jobbed out this episode, it's not late enough in the season for that. Maybe Yodonna will have an arc where she makes friends with a human and that leads to her downfall like Nephrite and Naru.

Pretty flawless bro-mance episode. I think there is a Chekhov's Gun rule for shows like this: If you hire two bishounens then there must be a Yaoi fan service episode.
Last edited by resop2 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

I officially can't help but burst out in giggles everytime Yodana does her maniacal laugh due to how hilarious it is IMO. I completely lost it when Shiguru was like, "I'M GONNA SLASH THE MASK WITH AN ATTACK FROM THE SKY!" only to go "SPLAT" on to Tametomo. Also took Garuza long enough to try the hijacking idea for himself xD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:16 am
ViRGE wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:58 am The only meaningful complaint I have with this episode - and it's where the writers dropped the ball a bit - was having Garuza give up to go save Yodonna.
Yeah, but it also makes you go "dang, the bad guys almost won". How often does that happen?
Technically speaking, wouldn't the answer to that be "last week"? :P But I get what you're going for: the bad guys rarely get wins (or close to winning).
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I see a v2 was posted. What changed?

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”