Post by resop2 »

^
Thanks!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: KR Saber Promo released

Post by HowlingSnail »

Why is the 1080p trailer a smaller file size than the 720p one?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Has Ghosts director as well. There was a quote posted in another thread about how the writer was too busy with meetings to fully commit and hopes things will be better this time.

I'm not too excited by the theme. Fantasy in Rider doesn't really do it for me.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Ghost23 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:18 am I'm fine with the motif but just not feeling the design of the driver and parts of the costume. It just makes it more like something that should be in a sentai instead.
This is how I feel as well. While the motif is cool and has the potential to be really good, the suit designs are REALLY fugly for me if I'm being honest. It's like I'm looking at some sort of eye vomit that was thrown together at the last second. It reminds me a bit of the suit designs from Hibiki but those at least had a pleasing flow to them in terms of how they looked.
jamebarktoku
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Alignment: Neutral

Post by jamebarktoku »

Am I the only who feels that the henshin sound is a little too long? What with the pre-insertion phrase, the post-"Rekka Battou" singing and the post-transformation phrase coming from the Wonder Ride Books, it's a lot. Still, looking forward to seeing what the show has to offer. Also, I'm kinda looking forward to hearing Akio Otsuka (Champ from Kyuranger) as the narrator and equipment voice. I don't know what it is, but I really like his voice.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I am not a fan of that visor mask expanding with fiery effect because it looks messy with the horn. I prefer either the horn or just the visor expanding with the fiery effect. Body wise, its okay since you can't put too much decorations for moving. The armour pads on knee, thigh, legs, forearms, shoulders, biceps are common for Kamen Riders on both suit and Figuarts. Bottom line, they tried too much to make the helmet stand out that it turns out ugly.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:59 am
resop2 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:13 am Random question: does anyone know who the lady was in the background of the henshin scene? She looks familiar.
I'm guessing that's Mei?
https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rid ... Characters

Oh crap, it's by the guy who wrote Ghost? I mean, the trailer doesn't have a lot of dialogue, but the stuff that was there was a bit eye rolly...
To be fair, the flop of Ghost wasn't just due to the writer. The actors and the directors are also to blame. I mean, look at LupinVSPat. It is mostly fillers but because the actors were outstanding, it is something worthwhile to watch.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Ghosts writer did less than half of the episodes, including a huge chunk in the middle. It's not like even the ones he did were any good.
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

Alright to be fair I was talking with a friend about the writer for Saber and apparently he has done the Specter V-Cinema. The director on the other hand is the same director that did Surprise Drive, the Drive movie.

Also can we talk about how long the transformation sequences are going to be? They’re going to take a really long time if the Ridebooks are gonna read to you
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

FUCK THE SPECTER V-CINEMA

ahem

no, seriously, fuck the Specter V-Cinema
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

https://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Shibasaki_Takayuki

Director, Shibasaki Takayuki, directed two Kabuto episodes. He began directing many Rider episodes up till now starting with OOO. For Den-O, Shibasaki mostly focused on the anime, that's why you can see he had the end credits of the OOO movie and the Kamen Rider Taisen movie in animation since he was the director on those movies.

The transformation sequences should be 10 to 20 seconds. Ain't worth for a long discussion.
Joosche
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche »

I'm horrified. It almost never worked for me when Riders set foot in high (HIGH) fantasy. I'm sad.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

I have mixed feelings

Post by FangTrigger »

So, I don't hate the design of the Riders, but after having Zero-One's somewhat basic design, it didn't really click with me either.

Story seems to be alright. Don't think we've had a Book Rider before.

Question though: Was that Sanskrit inside the cover of the Ridebook?

I am interested to see how the form changes play out over time. The fact that there are three slots on the belt makes me think we might get more of a Kamen Rider W feel from Saber.

All in all, I'll give it a few episodes before I pass any real judgement. Who knows? It could be interesting.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I was going through Shibasaki Takayukis episodes and couldn't find one that tickled my fancy, working my way back from most recent.

Then I realised he did Kabuto 44 (and 43), which was quite possibly the best Kabuto episode and one of my favourite Rider episodes ever.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

I definitely got Ghost and Ex-Aid vibes from it, so former KR Ghost staff on this series doesn't surprise me. like all series, I'm willing to give it a shot.

the whole "invaders from another dimension / combining worlds" angle is straight out of Ghost's playbook.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”