Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Saber 07 released

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

I feel that both the Avalon thing and Rintaro's power up should have drug on a bit. However, Touma achieving the power of King Arthur seems to be way more than a one in done, so maybe it's going to take a while to master it.

Rintaro gaining more power would probably have held more weight behind it if it weren't episode seven and if it didn't just take a single episode. Make it two episodes at least and reveal that it took Rintaro a far longer amount of time than we think.

The ideas are interesting and exciting but the execution needs to be slowed down a bit. The revelation about Avalon should have taken at least two or so episodes and then maybe another episode before Touma was able to become Saber again.

I hope the pace that this series is going at means that more interesting things are coming down the road. Or at least things will slow down some. Saber is awesome otherwise.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Interesting episode especially they show Medusa and Pegasus together. For those who don't know in greek mythology Medusa foaled Pegasus when Perseus decapitated her.

Also there are interesting points for Arturian legend. Avalon is obvious but not so obvious ones are. Arthur is Uther Pendragon's son Pendragon means chief or head dragon so having relation to dragon theme is a nice gesture. Second point is twin swords according to legend at some point the sword from stone breaks and Arthur brings it to Lady of Lake at that point Lady of Lake gives Arthur well known Excalibur there are many different sceneraios about this but it seems Japanese anime and media usually focuses on Caliburn and Excalibur being different swords (even though it is basically same word transforming over time like Hercules and Herackles)
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

This one wasn't as hectic as the last episode, but it's still a dud in my opinion. This is even more hyper-compressed than Sentai writing at this point, you have two characters struggle for a power-up in a single episode and they both get it with minimal effort/consequences. I'm hoping the King of Arthur book has more to it to be earned and the power for now is barely a fraction of it until he's deemed worthy, but judging from how the writing has been so far, that hope is pretty thin.

Mei keeps swinging between character and caricature, way more the latter in this episode and she has zero chemistry with Rintarou for them to be working this sudden love angle. Between that, Sentai Green and Buster Dad having death flags waving all over the place, and the Demonic Boy Band making such rapid escalation of combat force this early in the running, I think the effects of the pandemic combined with the same poor narrative as Ghost is really starting to show. Avalon is supposed to be some huge, unfathomable power that is forbidden to obtain, yet all to get it these guys essentially walk through a desert and solve a riddle that'd make the Sphinx hack up a hairball at how lame and basic it was.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Haha, agreed Dante. Couldn't have written it better myself
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

Better than last week, but still pretty weak! No emotional built up to any important fact in the series. Way fast pacing and a lot of things going on at the same time.
The training from Rentaro, what the fuck was that???

-I must avenge my master. Thus, I will train in another dimension which has never been mentioned in the series, and I'll make no emotional built up to this.
-Oh my god! He could die doing this
-A couple of seconds of him doing LITERALLY NOTHING in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!
-I'm back! Success!

The End.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

Pacing seems better than last time, though pacing just in general is still shit. I guess the lack of emotional build up is still there since Rintaro went into the series hyperbolic time chamber to get his full power, though all I see is him struggling to pull his sword out and practicing his rolling around for the inevitable bad guy defeat rider and they untransform so they just roll on their asses. And then he's fine afterwards, which just urks me. At least his full combo looks good despite being rather bulky looking. And Mei's sudden love for Rintaro felt rather out of nowhere and no good.

Also kinda feels lame that for the build up towards Avalon is simply a desert/beach and then afterwards a white room with a guy whom I assume to be Merlin just standing there. Isn't avalon a lake or something, why is it a white room? Did the budget for all the sentai like henshin sequences drained the money for the CG background and they couldn't do it or something? and all Touma gets for his troubles is a book with a sword with the combo being as standard as any other combo, real lame. He at least gets a new sword to play with.

3/5, a step up from last week but not really by much.
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

I guess the only reason I'm still following this shitty series is to read comments from everyone and actually understand it. I'm curious about what critiques will come in the future.
If only for the series itself, I would stop here.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”