Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber Spin-Off: Espada released

Post by takenoko »

< Kenzan
Wiki
Blades >
Title: AKA Saber Behind Chapter 13

Wow, Toei really couldn't keep the clothes and the way Mei finding Kento missing consistent, huh? That's a new level of amateurness

The worst part, some of this stuff is good if they had integrated it in the first 10 episodes of the story. Getting it all here, now that Kento is "dead" is dumb and meaningless. I can't find the words to describe how much I loathe this piecemeal way of storytelling. Everything is worse for this
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: KR Saber Spin-Off: Espada released

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm just trying to think what they could cut to try and fit some of this stuff in. Scenes in the base? Scenes in the book store?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

They could give the show time to breathe, for one. It feels like there's always something going down, but not particularly any reason why it's going down.

The Megadodos want to get the power of the books because... reasons, and Calibur is searching for the truth because... no, that hasn't been explained either, then Kento fell to the dark side since... he got hit by Calibur's attack?

Also, it's never a good thing when the story can't keep consistent between the main story and the extra shit they're selling. It's like they're saying "fuck it, we can't keep it straight, hope you can"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Luna, did you notice that the cut subplot of Blades winning the lotto that you noticed before got shunted into this episode?
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Oh ffs no that totally got past me. These spin offs really are just all cutting room floor stuff
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:01 amWow, Toei really couldn't keep the clothes and the way Mei finding Kento missing consistent, huh? That's a new level of amateurness
Yeah, I thought I was misremembering the scene when Mei discovers Kento is gone but I remember correctly. I feel like Toei shouldn't had the scene of Mei discovering Kento is gone in the main episode but I feel like they wanted to continue the stupid joke of Mei taking care of the injured Swordsmen only to disappear on her watch.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

The thing is, the scene with her bringing him water actually worked pretty well, probably fine even without the previous scene of him asking for water. I would have vastly preferred that version in the episode proper instead of the cringey overreacting
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Ok, so this spin-off episode indicates that Kento may return as the next Calibur?
Is all Kento can think about is his father? Makes it shameful that he even chose to be a swordsman just to find out what happened to his father as well. It's good that he realized that, at the moment there are more important things than finding the truth about what happened to his father.
I guess he is a Rider totally driven by emotions and he mostly just cares about his friends (Touma and Luna) and father.
This is probably the only spin-off episode where Mei will appear. But her presence feels just stupid here, serving no actual purpose.... Wait, how did Mei's outfit and hairstyle change in this episode? I remember her wearing the same clothes for the last 3(11,12,13) whole episodes, and if this takes place between the events of ep 13, her outfit should've been the same, right???!! :? :? :? :? If not, then why was she wearing the old outfit again in Kento's (ACTUAL) death scene??
The camera was cool.... :| :mrgreen: :roll:
And I don't get why Mei thought Rintarou wasn't strong apart from strong in luck.... :lol:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice