My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 14 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 3.14 /5 stars (14 votes)

Fan Sub-title: Kill some time before Rintarou shows up with his new toy

Wasn't a bad episode, but it doesn't feel like much of import happened. It was just a big fight sequence, where no one could really do anything until Rintarou showed up. Worst part is the book swapping, since none of the Riders use their new powers in an interesting or complementary way

Love King Lion's form though, looks cool. He's a transformer now?

I guess Mei acting as Rintarou's cheerleader at least gets her out of the house

Next week must be important, they've got Koichi directing

Notes:
-I thought sound guy would use his good hearing to find the real bad guy. But he just split in three instead

-No effect for the book getting finished? lame

-Where are Saber and Calibur fighting? In some side street outside Toei's building?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: KR Saber 14 released

Post by decade368990 »

The Lion Mode reminds me of Zoids.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjQ7eNqNtA

If you can't be bothered to catch up to Saber, here's episodes 1-5 summarized into two minute per episode. Can't believe Toei paid someone to make this
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Not as bad as the last episode. I liked it better because of Rintarou's new form was more likeable and cooler than Touma's new form. I hope this means Saber will get better in the future.
The main villains are face villains, but they’re pointless and dumb with no substance. They just send out monsters and… what again??
Mei is regretting not keeping a better eye on Kento now….???
Wow they decide on avenging Kento now in this episode, long after he’s gone…and not the moment he died???
Why is Touma taking Kento’s sword to battle? Why did start fighting using 2 swords all of a sudden?
Why’d Ren talk about respect all of a sudden? How can he prove Kento’s strength by deafeating Calibur? None of his dialogues made any sense to me in this episode. He really is dumb….
What’s the one unbreakable rule in this world that Caliburs’ talking about?
Why couldn’t they think of fighting Calibur together EARLIER, instead of taking him one by one, all alone?
I can’t understand Calibur yet…. Explaining Calibur’s character is the one thing they’re taking very slow.
So don’t the Sword of Logos members not age much or is their aging slowed down ….. maybe? I feel Daishinji-san hasn’t aged much as long as he’s been a member.
I do like it when they exchange books. That way we can see the Riders’ different forms and combinations.
I like Daishinji-san. Very straight-forward.
Why are Mei and Rintarou always in funny scenes together?
Why does Touma always talk while fighting?
To me, Mei is probaly just an annoying character who is of no use to the guys. Why was she making those faces during Rintarou’s henshin?
Rintarou’s new form got more importance than Touma’s new form did. I also like his new form better too. Do lions always look cool and never get old?
Why was Mei still on the fighting scene after Rintarou startred fighting?
Rintarou transforming into a Lion was cool.
takenoko wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjQ7eNqNtA

If you can't be bothered to catch up to Saber, here's episodes 1-5 summarized into two minute per episode. Can't believe Toei paid someone to make this
Lol, this is really funny. Even they know Saber is bad or it's not worth watching the whole thing. Kinda shameful for them too, but certainly helpful for the viewers who don't wanna spend their time watching Saber too much.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I'm kinda tempted to say this was my favourite episode so far, though the fact that it is one just big fight might have helped. This is the first time in the show where I think I see the appeal of having so many characters, with Buster, Kenzan and Slash fighting the three generals as a nice way to feature all of them. There's really nothing more to any of this conflict than big group of good guys vs bad guys, but that's really all I need from these side-characters?

Saber dual-wielding Ikazuchi to fight Calibur is perhaps a rather standard sort of cliche, but I do actually appreciate that they allowed this to be its own big deal. He actually goes toe-to-toe with him the whole episode instead of just eventually switching over to his latest power-up. The only problem I had this whole episode is that Calibur is so aggravatingly uninteresting. Every time a character tries to draw any meaningful conflict out of him, he just spouts back the same meaningless nonsense line about eternal truth. I'm sick of this guy and his 'mystery'.

Anyhow, I also really liked the debut of Blades new form. I felt like last week's debut of Draconic Knight was too stock for me to be interested in, but this episode felt like it was having a lot more fun with the new form. Downside there is that from a distance, I uh, kinda can't even tell the difference between it and his other forms, they're all head to toe a similar shade of blue. But I like the mechanical aspects of it, and I actually really loved when he turned into MetalGarurumon and just tore up the monster gang!
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Chock up another dud to hyper-compressed pacing, this again feels like it should be another dozen or so episodes later into the season than it is. All that banter between the big villains and the Two Book Riders feels like there are supposed to have been more encounters between them, they're really the most under-developed villains we've seen in a long, long while and its painstakingly clear here. All the book swapping between the Two Book Riders feels like wasted potential honestly, we never even got to see them do anything interesting with the different power combinations.

And all of a sudden a Two Volume Form can go toe-to-toe with Jaou Dragon? What even is the power scaling in this season, it really doesn't track in any gauge-able way. While the transforming bit with Rintarou is cool and all, what even spurred the creation of the second larger book in the first place, assuming Touma's was the one he got along with King of Arthur? I wish it all wasn't so terribly rushed feeling.
Twilights_Bard

Post by Twilights_Bard »

There is no real power scaling, and it's kinda proven at this point with how the sword forms only barely do anything different to each other. But I think there's something worse for me, Rintaro (And Touma in the previous episode) don't change, there isn't anything that makes me look at them different. They're the same people they were before but with more power...and that's kinda disappointing in that regard. There's some cool stuff about it, but again, it doesn't feel like anything was really done to deserve it and that's a shame. In most other series these would have both been two part episodes that explored something about the characters and pushed an evolution for them in some way.

Calibur is straight up boring, the kind of villain they're trying to make out be smart or having seen things but without actually describing why he's so interested in the Truth, it feels pretty easy to dismiss his hunt as anything of substance for the story in the long run.

2/5, Mei seems to be the only characters with any sort of actual change, and I will admit I like the new suit for King Lion.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

liked that Touma dual wielded and that he could actually do that. i almost thought their main books couldnt be used by anyone else, and especially not with another book. my my!
then Rinarou became a lion, literally! this show is all over the place!

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”