Zenkaiger Announcement meeting & Messages released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Zenkaiger Announcement meeting & Messages released

Post by Ashki »

The whole thing is incredibly awkward with no audience and the glass screens...

Considering the precautions they're taking at the conference when the cast literally films together every day, I have to think the Kikanoids are really there so they can hide the fact that the suit actors are wearing masks on set. The way they're doing this meeting has me worried about how populated the worlds will be, though. At least with Saber, they came up with ways to distance the extras that aren't too in-your-face (no pun intended).

I'm getting flashbacks to the Decade press conference when Gackt said he wanted to be a bad guy and beat up the Rider. Later in the show, they actually cast him as Riderman and let him punch Decade. I'm still mad they never did more with his version due to the KR2nd movie not doing as well. He made an awesome Riderman and the Next Decade MV showed just how much potential an updated Riderman had.

But getting back to it, we have the grandmother's actress talking about jumping in and joining the heroes, as well as what her special ability could be. They joke abut it now, but I could picture them actually doing it later in the show, just like they let Gackt have his dream.

Also, the more I hear, the more this is feeling like Den-O. You have the main hero being supported by four renegade MotWs that have a bit of friendly rivalry with each other and a female mentor figure. Den-O wasn't my favourite by far, but it was still a great romp that used the possession gimmick to keep it from feeling like a sentai. And the fact that the theme has a classic sentai feel and the BGM is being handled by the same composer who started it all really makes this feel like it could be a celebration of sentai history and not just a cash-in.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
arromdee
Go Go!

Post by arromdee »

Typo at 39:34: "When I about how this is really gonna play on the show".

This is in the V2.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Whoops, it's missing the word "think" after "When I"
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Seeing this press conference, I think I might just warm up to this show. The characters seem interesting.

But I still can't accept the fact that they're going to retcon the whole history of SS by introducing this multiverse thing. Sad! :(
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

msf232 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:29 am But I still can't accept the fact that they're going to retcon the whole history of SS by introducing this multiverse thing. Sad! :(
What are you talking about? What retcon? It's clear that Toei doesn't care about a consistent canon of the entire franchise(s) a very long time now. They just do whatever they want and let consistently be damned.
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

Phoenix512 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:19 am
msf232 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:29 am But I still can't accept the fact that they're going to retcon the whole history of SS by introducing this multiverse thing. Sad! :(
What are you talking about? What retcon? It's clear that Toei doesn't care about a consistent canon of the entire franchise(s) a very long time now. They just do whatever they want and let consistently be damned.
That's what I thought before, but someone in this forum told me that apparently some people in Toei do care about canons. That's why I wrote that.
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I mean, it's a retcon of Gokaiger since in that series all the Sentai were in one universe
darkaura
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Type: INFP Healer

Post by darkaura »

takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:43 am I mean, it's a retcon of Gokaiger since in that series all the Sentai were in one universe
Actually it wasn't all in one universe. I believe they actually went to the universe of the Carrangers in order to get their power that speedy little demon car. And that using the key for Carrangers rips a hole in dimensions for the car to come through
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

darkaura wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:08 pm
takenoko wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:43 am I mean, it's a retcon of Gokaiger since in that series all the Sentai were in one universe
I believe they actually went to the universe of the Carrangers in order to get their power that speedy little demon car. And that using the key for Carrangers rips a hole in dimensions for the car to come through
Red Racer literally just meets up with them and gives them coffee milk

And Carrangers' power wasn't a car. What do you mean? Do you mean the Go-Ongers?
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

msf232 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:45 pm
darkaura wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:08 pm

I believe they actually went to the universe of the Carrangers in order to get their power that speedy little demon car. And that using the key for Carrangers rips a hole in dimensions for the car to come through
Red Racer literally just meets up with them and gives them coffee milk

And Carrangers' power wasn't a car. What do you mean? Do you mean the Go-Ongers?
I mean I wouldn't blame them, since that's another self-parody Super Sentai.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I just watched the cast message, and the VA for Zyuuran said something that he said kids shouldn't be hearing. But I didn't think anything he said was inappropriate for kids to hear. What was it that he thinks shouldn't be heard by kids exactly?
Time Stamp: 0:33
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Time stamp?
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

I think i was not this excited for a toei series (be it kamen rider or ss) for a long time so I am a bit afraid that my expectations were set a bit high for it and it might turn out okish but i won't like it. For the 40th anniversary i think it got crossed with some sort of gaming anniversary and they choose to go that route but otherwise it was always every 5 year being an anniversary series i might be wrong though.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Greenstalker wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 am I think i was not this excited for a toei series (be it kamen rider or ss) for a long time so I am a bit afraid that my expectations were set a bit high for it and it might turn out okish but i won't like it. For the 40th anniversary i think it got crossed with some sort of gaming anniversary and they choose to go that route but otherwise it was always every 5 year being an anniversary series i might be wrong though.
And even then, that 40th anniversary show with a hard to remember name didn't even do much with its gaming theme I hear. Ex-Aid blows everything else out of the water in that department anyways.
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

TheNinjaDragon wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:52 pm
Greenstalker wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:31 am I think i was not this excited for a toei series (be it kamen rider or ss) for a long time so I am a bit afraid that my expectations were set a bit high for it and it might turn out okish but i won't like it. For the 40th anniversary i think it got crossed with some sort of gaming anniversary and they choose to go that route but otherwise it was always every 5 year being an anniversary series i might be wrong though.
And even then, that 40th anniversary show with a hard to remember name didn't even do much with its gaming theme I hear. Ex-Aid blows everything else out of the water in that department anyways.
Zyuohger was more about animal than gaming only the cubic tetris like structures in their side was game related but I liked it anyway solely it was first sentai where most of the members were not human or human-looklike although they got human forms.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”