Zenkaiger 03 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:44 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
44%
☆☆☆☆
26%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
7%
4%

Total votes: 27
deuxcolors
Adventure
Favorite series: KR Build
2nd Favorite Series: Zero One
Dreamy: Almost everyone is too damned pretty
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Tokusatsu, Voice Acting
Quote: We are all fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
Type: INTP Architect
Instagram: deuxcolors

Re: Zenkaiger 03 released

Post by deuxcolors »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:50 am The thing that irritated me the most was that frozen mailbox(?) thing they bumped into that was supposed to be frozen but was clearly just wrapped in several layers of saran wrap.
Didn't notice, but I'm rewatching W and Accel just showed up so I'm getting the "frozen" rooms... Lots of plastic wrap.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I like Magine so far. That flashback with her wanting to join the game of hopscotch was so precious. The deal of her wanting to change who she is but not knowing exactly how to by herself is a nice idea and certainly is entwined with some residual energy from Komura's last show where, amidst all the talk of celebrating being alive and taking care of the Earth, the main 4 characters had a thread of "You can work past the you from yesterday" following them and it helped shape who they became.

So, it's nice to see that carry over here. I'm looking forward to seeing Magine become more confident with herself later on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sound effects captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing

Dialogue: 0,0:18:53.85,0:18:56.98,Dialogue - Zenkai,,0,0,0,,We have no choice- <throat noises>

But QC made me take it out...
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I still don't know what to think of this show. Is this the Sentai equivalent of Plan 9 From Outer Space?

Was the girl who was the haunted house ghost cunning and powerful?

Will the sixth Sentai be a human?

Will Magine be able to use her nununu magic to give the CovidRangers human forms once it becomes safe to do so? And, will there be a comical disconnect between the heights of the non-suit actors and the the suited up actors?

It would be hilarious if the actresses for Izu and Siesta had cameos as humans who have a hard time getting along with Kikainoids.

Maybe this season is so wack because the suit design was made by a high school kid with minimal talent other than randomly yelling "eureka-king!"?
AlternateTrigger
7X

Post by AlternateTrigger »

I'm....not gonna lie I hate her weapon. I think it looks awful. The prop department could have done a much better job.
PurpleHat
Gao
Quote: If you do not fight, you will not survive.

Post by PurpleHat »

Man the CGI really stood out in this episode and it most certainly was not in a good way. I'm not sure what to make of Zenkaiger. I'm indifferent about it but at least I'm entertained.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Good lord the wackiness just keeps coming and I'm loving it! One thing I'm liking about this is how they get rid of the ending credits again. I know that it only take up roughly two minutes of the time slot, but you can still get A LOT of story, character development and world building in that small amount of time. Only time will tell if this season gets to Kiramager levels of insanity xD
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i am loving this series so far. it has such a classic saturday morning feel to it. or maybe because i watch on saturday mornings. im kinda glad Magine didnt know how to use the geartiling gun like it was second nature. i mean when new members join and they just know how to transform and use their attacks like theyve been training to do so all along is a bit unreal. so having Tori 2.0 give them advice is kind of refreshing. i will agree is feeling like a kiddy show at times, but maybe thats just the brighter colors and slice of life moments of sitting and eating watching TV. the symetrical docking gimmick is going to be fun for a bit but i wonder how auxiliary mecha will work, and if will have a gold and silver member akin to lupin X for the extra hero if we get one. maybe go-on wings style with 2 extras?

is it just me or does the theme song sound a bit like pokemon xyz ending 3 doridori?
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

midorininger wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:32 am is it just me or does the theme song sound a bit like pokemon xyz ending 3 doridori?
I mean the whole teammate becoming mecha and baseball stadium thing might remind one of Pokemon Sword and Shield as well, so clearly there will be a Mon-esque powerup later on in the story. /j
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Maginu is a cool character for sure. I didn't expect her to be the young and naive girl but she is ok. The team is almost complete and I was just thinking that everyone expects the six members be based on ninjas but it will be cool is he could use the powers of previous "enemies" like Abarekiller, Wolfzardo, Ryo and even some monsters like zamigo.
Final Vent!
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Quite honestly, i thought i was going to be more disappointed with this series as it goes on, but thankfully, this episode proved me wrong, most of it was funny, it made me laugh a lot, i'm still on the fence with the main dude though, i still don't like him that much and to think we have the same star sign, ugh lol!

Love the Zyuran and Gaoon scenes, they make a good comedy combo, that simple jab at the stomach was priceless, and i like how Zyuran delivers his jokes like some background audible or a casual conversation where he's ignored most of the time, it's really funny :)

That TQger scene was great overall.

The big plus for me here is MagiRanger, definitely one of my fave Sentai.

That tradition of accidentally firing a gun is funny, too bad no baddies getting hit, and the way they thought Magine how to use it looks like a page out of an AkibaRanger episode lol!

Giving this a 4.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”