ZenkaiRed Daishoukai 02 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

ZenkaiRed Daishoukai 02 released

Post by takenoko »

Part 1
Wiki

The conclusion! Was fun, but disappointing that it ended as a dream...

Oh hey, it's Takagi Katsuya from Amazons!
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: ZenkaiRed Daishoukai 02 released

Post by ViRGE »

This little two-part series was legitimately better than any of the regular episodes thus far. It's still the same characters, but the writing had more heart and quite frankly was a lot less spastic than the regular episodes thus far. Toei did dig a bit deep into the nostalgia hole here, but for once they didn't overdo it.

It's a shame the human Zenkaigers were all overdubbed (at times it wasn't done very well), but I get why Toei wanted to more strongly sell the idea that these were the same characters.
takenoko wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 am The conclusion! Was fun, but disappointing that it ended as a dream...
It never was going to be anything else. But that's okay. It was a fun story regardless.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

If they're trying to convince me that the machine team is better than the human team, they're doing a terrible job of it. Can we get these guys instead please?

Half these "not red" leaders are still red... PatRan Ichigou, KyuuRed (white form), BoukenRed, Battle Japan, Red Hawk...
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:50 am Half these "not red" leaders are still red... PatRan Ichigou, KyuuRed (white form), BoukenRed, Battle Japan, Red Hawk...
I chuckled at that as well. Toei really had to fudge things to come up with leaders in white after 1994.

And if gender doesn't matter, give us a bona fide lady red as the leader, Toei! (I sooner expect pigs to fly, but hey, it could happen)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:23 am
Lunagel wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:50 am Half these "not red" leaders are still red... PatRan Ichigou, KyuuRed (white form), BoukenRed, Battle Japan, Red Hawk...
I chuckled at that as well. Toei really had to fudge things to come up with leaders in white after 1994.

And if gender doesn't matter, give us a bona fide lady red as the leader, Toei! (I sooner expect pigs to fly, but hey, it could happen)
Oh yeah! I don't know why this hasn't happened yet since it's an ensemble cast anyway
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Beside, there was also TimePink, MegaBlack as non-red team leader. But I guess they wanted to focus on white leaders.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:50 am If they're trying to convince me that the machine team is better than the human team, they're doing a terrible job of it. Can we get these guys instead please?

Half these "not red" leaders are still red... PatRan Ichigou, KyuuRed (white form), BoukenRed, Battle Japan, Red Hawk...
This reminds me of the gobuster movie where they had the alternate reality season. I would've rather had that instead lol.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Maybe Kaito has a power similar to Jewel where he can see into alternate dimensions when he dreams so half way through the series the Zenkaiger will get human forms they can alternate between like the Jyuougers and alt-red will come back?
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

resop2 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:51 pm Maybe Kaito has a power similar to Jewel where he can see into alternate dimensions when he dreams so half way through the series the Zenkaiger will get human forms they can alternate between like the Jyuougers and alt-red will come back?
If nothing else, it'll make for a good vs. movie prelude. Though now that I think about it, this might make for a good topic.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Quick question: Has there ever been a female "Sixth Ranger"? I have to wonder if this side story was meant to foreshadow a female sixth ranger since the villain was griping that sentai with one one female were bleh.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

resop2 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:26 pm Quick question: Has there ever been a female "Sixth Ranger"? I have to wonder if this side story was meant to foreshadow a female sixth ranger since the villain was griping that sentai with one one female were bleh.
Go-On Silver? It's a bit of a cheat since she joined with her brother and is technically a 7th ranger, but I think it's the closest we've come
Dragg
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Gym!

Post by Dragg »

This could've worked as an actual part of the series instead of just a spin-off. lol
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i hate this show. i would love have the human zenkaigers. they are awesome. Did you see whose is playing red. an older mafia don dude? WHAT? god. this is such a spit in the face. i hate this show even more now.

Kinda weird they made it like Zenkai Red is going to be returning. but if this is all a dream then.. does any of this truly matter?

I want my ZenkaiPink human form.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I love the casting for this. I totally didn't recognize Ise Daiki as ZenkaiRed. I love the casting of Takagi Katsuya as human Zyuran too, simply because his facial hair is cool, and also because I liked his work on Amazons
fartboy
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Robert Baldwin
Favorite Actor?: Yosuke Kishi
Favorite Band: Do As Infinity

Post by fartboy »

I can only imagine how much better this series would be if these were regular episodes and it wasn't a dream. The idea that ZenkaiRed could come back at any time is kinda suspenseful.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”