Zenkaiger 12 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | ??? >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:19 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
10%
☆☆
10%
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 12 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4.04 of 5 (24 votes)

Alt Title: Beware the spiral~

Oh yeah, you can totally see the green screen in Flint's hair this episode

Wait, are you guys really taking a snack break while snail guy has your guys trapped???

Wait, they're not frozen, why don't they just leave that area? The monster of the week isn't guarding them

Pun between Katatsumori (snail) and Katai (hard)

Wonder if Battle Caesar Robo will be sold too? Toei has a villain merchandise problem

New robo song?

In Shinkeger Takeru's kanji was hi/flame. For the Shinkenger robo here, the kanji on his chest is two such kanji, turning it into "honoo/flame"
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Zenkaiger 12 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

I liked this episode, it seems it's a matter of a month, or maybe less, to have Zox join the team.

I loved how Flint used the pancakes to draw her strategy, and her using Turboranger shows that she's going to be the brain of the team
takenoko wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:09 pm Wait, they're not frozen, why don't they just leave that area? The monster of the week isn't guarding them
Even if they leave the area the monster can create more so running is not the most effective idea in the long run. Zox's idea to protect himself while waiting for her sister and brothers I think is better and it shows that he can count on them, he doesn't see them inferior, just less capable when it comes to fighting.

Speaking of the pirates, these last episodes they've been shining and this particular episode I think they showed how much better they're compared to Kaito. Zox and Flint seem more aware of dangers while Kaito tends to go without thinking. This episode he didn't do anything, he just smiled at Flint, like pretending she's helping his friends. I honestly think it's still obvious that all she cares is her brother, maybe this interaction should have been reserved for a later episode.

Still, small details like those don't ruin what I think was an excellent episode. :D
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

during the giant fight, all the Helix fossils made me think of lord helix lol

was it just me or does battle ceasar look like something out of gundam age or iron blooded orphans? kinda cant wait to see what else it can do.

i havent seen Turboranger, but even the bird questioning whether they had that power or not was cool. i mean Red Buster could have broken free with his power, or Kirameigreen ... but those are single members not full team. oh! Go-onger seemingly had the power to rev up their calves and move around fast. that might have been more believable. kinda neat how the pin points for the homing attack can be placed in mid air, and explode when touched? i guess?

and i cant blame them for loving the Rekka Daizantou as much as they do. its a beautiful sword. Gokaioh used when using Shinkengers grandpower, and TSUUkaiser uses it both in his Shinken mode and TsuukaiOH Shinken mode. dont blame them at all.

second edit: really dug the music during the battle this week, between the zenkai and shinken-esque music i was loving it.
Last edited by midorininger on Tue May 25, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

My bad, poll added. I should double check to see if the song name for this week's is on the Japanese wiki
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

midorininger wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:37 pm and i cant blame them for loving the Rekka Daizantou as much as they do. its a beautiful sword. Gokaioh used when using Shinkengers grandpower, and TSUUkaiser uses it both in his Shinken mode and TsuukaiOH Shinken mode. dont blame them at all.
Even Decade used it and has an Attack Ride card just for it. :)
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Good God, i just had flashbacks of the movie Uzumaki which i just watched a few days ago.

6th Ranger roll call lol!, that Tsuukai walk out was really entertaining to watch, the Gokaigers should really do a 1 shot and have him in the roster :)

Flint manages to impress me every episode, love that girl :)

I was expecting Kaito to use Red Busters Hyper Speed to counter slow, yet, i did not realize that the TurboRangers (which i've never seen) have a counter-slow ability.

Entertaining overall, i'd give this a 5
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ooh, I kind of want to watch that movie, but I assume the manga will be better
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Manga is way better from what i read among reddit posts, maybe i'd read that one of these days, the movie is aimed for the casuals i guess, but it's really creepy though.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

ryujin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:00 pm I was expecting Kaito to use Red Busters Hyper Speed to counter slow, yet, i did not realize that the TurboRangers (which i've never seen) have a counter-slow ability.
they dont, they have fairy magic powers from the "flames of spirit". even the bird at the base questioned this. ive seen the turbo ranger movie at least and i cant say i recall super speed being a power of theirs. i think the writers just took some creative liberty.
KinCryos
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by KinCryos »

ryujin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:00 pmGood God, i just had flashbacks of the movie Uzumaki which i just watched a few days ago.
takenoko wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:06 pmOoh, I kind of want to watch that movie, but I assume the manga will be better
ryujin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 pmManga is way better from what i read among reddit posts, maybe i'd read that one of these days, the movie is aimed for the casuals i guess, but it's really creepy though.
from what I remember, the movie only adapted the first few chapters of the manga, sprinkling in events of chapters as far as 6 and 8. the director wanted to be as faithful as possible, apparently without condensing anything too much, and it also turns out that during production, the manga hadn't been completed yet.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”