Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Currently remastering with DVD rips
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Ryuki | Faiz | Blade >
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Post by XIII »

Right, since I could have sworn we had series disccusion thread, I thought Id make one for you,

Now in here, you can discuss all elements of the show without fear of being snipped in the episode discussion threads,

Now for new watchers to 555, beware of spoilers in this thread, you have been warned,

Enjoy discussing all aspects of Kamen Rider 555
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Favorite Band: GACKT
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Re: Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Post by mateo360 »

Doesn't anyone else think it's odd that despite the whole class was modified, the girls couldn't use the Faiz belt while it seems anyone could use it?

and thank you for setting this up Azazel
Do Not Underestimate the Power of Tommy's Ass.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

As I recall, Mari was the only one who couldn't use it.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

Hey, only Kusaka used the Faiz belt. The others used Delta, including the girls. And it was explained why Kusaka could use Faiz and Kaixa belts.

One of the things that I hated in Faiz is that the power level of everyone varies according to the plot. In one episode taukumi gets spanked and some episodes later he is stronger than the enemy. And after that the enemy is stronger than him again... That happens with the other riders and some monsters.

The lucky clover wasn't well used. They should have kept them as final bosses instead of introducing them as fighting enemies in the start of the middle part of the series. It becaem ridiculous. They were supposed to be the strongest enemies, but they were a Team Rocket of sorts. Only Kitazaki remained a respactable villain, but they gave him a stupid ending, instead of a climatic showndown with the riders...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kitazaki? Wasn't he the guy that had no motivation to do anything and just kind of killed people when he was called upon it? He as the Tiger for me in Faiz, but with less character, which is pretty damn hard
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by mateo360 »

Saejima Kouga wrote:As I recall, Mari was the only one who couldn't use it.
Dn't you still find that odd though? She was modified the same way Kusaka was, (at least that was the impression I was given) so why does she get "Error"?
Do Not Underestimate the Power of Tommy's Ass.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Everyone but Masato where failed attempts. My problem is why didn't the father simply disable the DNA lockouts in the belts. Delta proved he could do it (the thing didn't even have a voice lock out). Also, he reprogrammed Autovajin in the earlier episodes. Reprogram the belt while your at it. I know, I know. Real life logic doesn't work in TV shows.
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

Respectable in the sense that he remained a challenge. Unlike the other members of lucky clover.
KamenRiderIon
Infinity

Post by KamenRiderIon »

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by KamenRiderIon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

Ion, as I said, they became the rocket team.

And maybe he left the DNA lockouts because he wanted them to be friends with orphenocs?

I just remembered that silly orphenoc disease. It was a pretty unused plot point and it was kinda silly. We are the next step in evolution, but we'll die. The king could heal them and that is why i think the wroters left him alive, because otherwise the orphenocs would have no future...
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

1) I know I'm the last person to correct people on their grammar but it's Team Rocket, not Rocket Team, less you're referring to something I don't know about.

2) The 'disease', well I saw it more as the fact that, they are more or less undead creatures after all... So it's basically a dead body living off of an energy source of unknown origins. So naturally that would stop at some point or another even if they aren't killed. Hence why the King is needed for he someone has a way to keep this energy source going for an undisclosed length of time, perhaps endlessly, or in fact he is able to give others the power to survive the decaying process through him eating the other Orphenocs.

Seriously though, think about it, Orphenocs are simply the undead, they're like kick ass animal based zombies or something. Even the 'natural' Orphenocs had to die before they became aware of their powers. And those who become Orphenocs from the attack of another have their hearts destroyed, even as some creature from beyond the grave how often does something without even the smallest remains of a heart keep going aside from some kind secondary energy source that acts as a makeshift heart until that gives out as well.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

I saw them more of a dead end race. Their race was basically self extinction. It's weird though. They can create belts that can form clothing, protection, weapons etc. But can't figure out how to stabilize their bodies?
Iaatix
Gabu

Post by Iaatix »

This was a very strange series overall. In some ways I liked the story. I liked that they had 3 main human(ish) characters and three main Orphonochs that kind of mirrored each other and the groups worked up an understanding most of the time. They managed to squeeze in a lot of pretty well defined details of the plot which worked with you looked at them by themselves, but the overall story just didn't hold together. There were so many unexplained things that it outnumbered the explained things. Was Smart Brain just there for Orphonochs or did they have a legitimate business? Who was that Smart Lady and what did she really have to do with anything? Did Takumi always know what he was or did he just remember at a very continent moment? I want to know more about the school. and on and on.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

1) Smart brain was likely a real business focusing on mobile phone tech with a side branch dedicated to Orphenocs and preserving their race.

2) Smart Lady was a very talented woman who acted in a multitude of roles including but not limited to spokes person/mascot for the public face of Smart Brain, recruitment and orientation of new members of the Orphenoc race, personal assistant of the President of Smart Brain (not the father, the one who took over for him), and other general kick ass-ness

3) Yes, one can assume he had always known at very least there was a lot wrong with him, if not the fact that he was an Orphenoc as, when he was explaining the first time he was aware of being an Orphenoc and when he first encountered the school group, the power of his Orphenoc form caused a slight memory loss and, seeing how he was afraid of said power, he did not choose to look further into said power since he was not forced to.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by mateo360 »

KamenRiderIon wrote: I would have liked to see Lucky Clover hold onto one of the belts for a few episodes before the heroes got it back.
They had the Delta Belt for several episodes before the heroes got it back.

Return to “Kamen Rider 555”