Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Currently remastering with DVD rips
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Ryuki | Faiz | Blade >
Frøg

Re: Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers insid

Post by Frøg »

Not sure if I'm reading too much into this, but at the end when the gang lies on the grass, Takumi stares at his hand, his vision is all blurred, a clear sign his time was almost up. Also with the belt stealing and swapping, imo it lampshades a very clear problem for many Riders that other series never touched on. Many secondary riders use a technological based system, which unlike mystical based ones, can be easily used by any other person. Ixa is a prime example. Look at how many times Otoya snatched it off Jirou? Hell, he even stole Dark Kiva of the Bat Fangire. Same thing with both Decade and Diend, where nothing indicates that both belts cannot be used by any person. W has hints of this as well, where their Gaia Memories were stolen by the cockroach dopant.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

actually there's a cycloneXaccel thing in W... anyways back to 555...

the ending was kinda vague.. but i guess the producers/writers didn't really wanted to offend viewers of contrasting opinions but instead gave them an option to choose their ending... though i think Ryuki did it more diplomatic with the tv special...

speaking of Ryuki i get the same feeling on the ending similar to what happened to knight after the rider war ended... takumi's and ren's situation(just right after the rider war) was never been set cleared... i guess its on our own to decide for that...

possible Ryuki spoilers...
Spoiler
for example.. if i said this on the Ryuki section: i really believed ren really died...im sure there are some guys that would contradict to me...fanboy or not
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Out of all the Kamen Rider's I've seen from this ear, I'd have to give the title of 'Most serious' to Faiz. I have yet to see any of the other series have such a dark tone to them, and the level of depth of human emotion in the series overall makes it so great. Even the humorous spots had shades of something beneath them, especially Takumi's nekojita syndrome. Even the movie left no expense spared for seriousness. All in all, I wanted to see a possible sequel to Faiz, mainly because of how the last episode played out with that Shrimp (at least that's what I'm assuming she was) Orphnoch watching after the King Orphnoch, waiting for him to be reborn. Also wanted to see a Half-Breed Orphnoch appear. I fell sad for Keitaro and Yuka. They were the cutest couple and I was rooting for them.......Looking back, their love was like Kiva X Queen.
Frøg

Post by Frøg »

FangTrigger wrote:Out of all the Kamen Rider's I've seen from this ear, I'd have to give the title of 'Most serious' to Faiz. I have yet to see any of the other series have such a dark tone to them, and the level of depth of human emotion in the series overall makes it so great. Even the humorous spots had shades of something beneath them, especially Takumi's nekojita syndrome. Even the movie left no expense spared for seriousness. All in all, I wanted to see a possible sequel to Faiz, mainly because of how the last episode played out with that Shrimp (at least that's what I'm assuming she was) Orphnoch watching after the King Orphnoch, waiting for him to be reborn. Also wanted to see a Half-Breed Orphnoch appear. I fell sad for Keitaro and Yuka. They were the cutest couple and I was rooting for them.......Looking back, their love was like Kiva X Queen.
Lobster actually. As for half breeds,
Spoiler
the manga has an unborn one, with keitaro and yuka as parents. Unfortunately, the human side cannot contain the orphnoch side, and the baby consume itself, not only killing itself, but also yuka.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

Frøg wrote:
FangTrigger wrote:Lobster actually. As for half breeds,
Spoiler
the manga has an unborn one, with keitaro and yuka as parents. Unfortunately, the human side cannot contain the orphnoch side, and the baby consume itself, not only killing itself, but also yuka.
Any ideas where to read the manga?
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
Zelalem
Infinity
Favorite series: EHH...TOO MANY!
2nd Favorite Series: EVEN HARDER!
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama
Favorite Actor?: Joe Odagiri
Favorite Band: The Seatbelts
My boom: Cowboy Bebop
Quote: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.

Post by Zelalem »

I love Faiz, but out of all the things in that show that don't make sense, the one that struck me was the a part in Episode 44. Keitaro and Yuka are acting all cute and Mari cracks a smile, then walks to the stairs and just trips and falls down. She never has a reaction after she falls, she just lays there and they never mention that scene again and I'm just thinking to myself saying "What the hell was that scene all about!" Maybe there was something I missed, but I feel like I'm the only one who noticed that.
M_L
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: KR 555
Favorite Actor?: Teen Wolf
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Toku
Quote: We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be - Kurt Vonnegut.

Post by M_L »

This was my first full Rider series, so it's always going to have a soft spot in my heart. I did like how Faiz really didn't rely too much on his form changing abilities (to my recollection); for me, after watching a lot of all of the Hesei era (with exception of Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki and anything past W), it was good looking back and seeing a Rider that wasn't all about form changes (or toys haha).

I remember watching the film out of context, and I found it very powerful; rewatching it in regards to the series, I suddenly found I cared a lot for Kiba and his comrades more than in the series. It was just messed up what happened to them.

I did like the design of the Orphenochs, very detailed despite the monochromatic colourscheme. I really do need to rewatch this series (been saying that for years!) but with TV-N so close to the end, I'll wait a few more months.
TNT
7X

Post by TNT »

I finally finished this series for the first time last night. Thank you for revisiting it.

I really liked it and it has easily become one of my favorites.
I think this was the darkest rider series I've seen, which made it a nice change of pace from the more current crop.

I already knew the Takumi twist thanks to Decade, but it didn't really matter. I rather enjoyed picking out the many hints there were.

I loved relationships everyone had and how they slowly developed. This in turn allowed things like Yuka and Keitaro's subplot to resolve with decent gravitas.
I loved how for about half the show the good guys had no idea who the bad guys were and generally didn't seem that interested. It took to around near the end before they finally knew what their goal. Actually, did the "bad guys" even have a goal? Did this show even have bad guys. The worst person, the chairman died 3/4 into the show and his goal? Revive the Orphenoch king so he wouldn't die due the orphenoch evolution.
It did kind of confuse me that they were hoping for the king to kill the humans. Orphenochs came from humans, seems rather counter productive to kill your source of fresh blood.

The belt dance was both great and horrible at the same time. That's some serious design flaw that the things catapult away at the slightest touch.
It was great, because it provided a nice dynamic and provided a strong sense of danger when the lucky clover suddenly had their hands on them. The problem was that it was overused.

Tsukasa. The biggest jerk in the history of Kamen Rider and barely qualifies as a good guy. At the same time I can completely understand why he's so popular. Throughout the show it's very clear that he is one disturbed individual trying to deal with having a partial memory of dying and reviving. His story and end are actually rather sad. :(
Also, the Kaiza armor looked bad ass.

Speaking of Kaizas armor I loved the armor designs.

I also appreciated how Takumi didn't immediately go for the big guns. Is he simply the best fighter in Kamer Rider, or did he feel the drain the Faiz system had on his body causing him to limit his power ups? Probably the second considering the ending blur. ;)
Compare him to Mihara who supposedly had the strongest belt, but was a horrible fighter.

All in all a very good series, thanks for subbing.
CeleZia
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Re: Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Post by CeleZia »

hello can u guys help me ? I watched this kamen rider when i was a child , i dont know which one kamen rider . i just remember his finisher , he activated his finisher using device like telephone and then he pass through some big symbol appeared in front of him after he activated his finisher. can u guys help me ? i need to know the title
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Post by Phoenix512 »

You actually posted in the right forum because you are talking about said Rider.

Return to “Kamen Rider 555”