< Ryuki | Faiz | Blade >
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Kids, never throw away the manual

Post by Therm_Kitty »

No attempts at hiding spoilers here.

I recently rewatched the episode of Faiz where Takumi hears Delta's Jet Fleiger summon code, punches it in and gets his own (to be trashed in a few minutes.) I thought it was a cheap way to justify selling a vehicle repaint.

Until I started checking out the toy reviews, which reveal all the codes unused in the series. Yes, apparently the ones on the screens for their phones are just the basic ones.

Apparently, all 3 main Riders have all 3 vehicles, but they just never realize this. You'd think that Kusaka would demand to learn how to call his Jet Fleiger since Mihara knew the code. There are also codes to manually change the vehicle's forms and to have them attack the enemy. The Faiz belt at least has codes that allow any individual Exceed Charge to somehow be performed without putting the Mission Memory into the necessary item. That alone seems amazingly useful.

I'm honestly surprised that none of that was used in-series. The possibility of a one-rider Double Exceed was there but never done! It's one of the few series where the toy does much more than the series belt.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kids, never throw away the manual

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm pretty sure its the Faiz blaster that allows the bypass on the gadgets to preform exceed charges (in universe explanation anyway).

To be honest, I came into this topic expecting something like don't throw away the manual, it may be needed when you have to ride a giant jet powered bike thing against someone else that has more experience and don't want to trash yours because it could be useful oh wait your control panel is hit and your a sitting duck.
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm pretty sure its the Faiz blaster that allows the bypass on the gadgets to preform exceed charges (in universe explanation anyway).

To be honest, I came into this topic expecting something like don't throw away the manual, it may be needed when you have to ride a giant jet powered bike thing against someone else that has more experience and don't want to trash yours because it could be useful oh wait your control panel is hit and your a sitting duck.
Question: If not for woman, do you men even read the manual?
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Catastrophe wrote:I'm pretty sure its the Faiz blaster that allows the bypass on the gadgets to preform exceed charges (in universe explanation anyway).

Never stated, but that makes a lot of sense.

Takumi could have really used it well with some practice. And not to insult the awesome Autovaijin, but a Side-Basshar would have been nice to have. The sidecar could hold the Blaster if he's riding solo. I was actually thinking of Kamen Rider OOO when I made the title, it's relevant there too. "Just fight and figure it out from there" is a very Rider thing to do, albeit an inefficient one.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I remember reading that thing about the Faiz blaster in some magazine all the way back when. It makes sense, because if you play around with the toy you can start up all the exceed charges. I think the website even stated it at one point.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

DrowningFishy wrote:Question: If not for woman, do you men even read the manual?
I do sometimes. I'm pretty technologically antiquated (my TV has a dial and my phone is rotary), so most stuff these days is basically sorcery to me if I don't read the manual.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

Manuals? I like Date's way. Just feel it while using it, though I keep the manual. After I think I got used to a thing, I'll check the manual for some extra thing I missed
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

I normally dont comment on topics 7ish months since the last post, but I had a different impression.

I don't think that all 3 riders have all 3 vehicles. I thought that there were multiple JetSligers, but that was because they were being mass produced by Smart Brain or something. However, I was under the impressiont that there was only one Side Basharr<sp?>. The AutoVajin is a little more confusing, since you do see it being advertised in the Smart Brain commercials in the show but you don't see anybody else on the streets driving it so I am tempted to say it is also a one-of-a-kind prototype. The only purpose of the codes ability would be to summon Kaixa's motorcycle, summon one of the multiple JetSligers or summon AutoVajin.

Meaning there would be only one SideBasshar, one AutoVaijin, and a handful of JetSligers.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Therm_Kitty
Gabu

Post by Therm_Kitty »

That's actually well-thought out and deserving of a topic bump. It does explain those plot holes. But this topic was brought on by the fact that the Rider Gear toys can each call an AutoVaijin, Jet Sliger and Side Bashaar. So, if the first two are unique prototypes, does that mean that Kitazaki could have called away Takumi's AutoVaijin if he wanted?
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

Therm_Kitty wrote:That's actually well-thought out and deserving of a topic bump. It does explain those plot holes. But this topic was brought on by the fact that the Rider Gear toys can each call an AutoVaijin, Jet Sliger and Side Bashaar. So, if the first two are unique prototypes, does that mean that Kitazaki could have called away Takumi's AutoVaijin if he wanted?
Probably but i think out of the 3 vehicles, AutoVaijin was the only one with AI so it may not work. However, using that thinking we could surmise that Kusaka could call his own JetSliger, try to steal Takumi's AutoVaijin,... and Takumi or Kitazaki could steal Side Bashaar.

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif

Return to “Kamen Rider 555”