Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Faiz | Blade | Hibiki >
Post Reply
User avatar
XIII
The Conspiracy
Posts: 5537
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z
Location: UK

Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by XIII »

So its another revisit of an old movie, one that you either love or hate, for me its one that I enjoy

Missing Ace takes place in an alternative universe to the series, in this universe all the undead were seal (or where they) and all the kamen riders have returned to their normal lives (well if you could call it normal) seemingly unaware of whats really going on.

We get introduced to 3 new riders (movie exclusive ones), all using human made undead cards to transform and attack the undead in an attempt to seal them again, and as you would expect there is tension between the old and new riders as the try to work it all out, not to mention they beat each others brains out.

Haijime is back for a short fight, he did seem to get the raw end of the deal and wasnt in it very much

My only complaint with the movie is Blades King Form, he seems to go to it very quickly in the last fight and makes short work of everything, but I guess they were struggling for time, even in the DC edit it was pretty short as well. But other than that, its a fun movie to enjoy.

Just to note it was about 15 minutes difference between edits.

I will say a big thanks to Cheetah and KTdata for the work they did on the show and movies before hand in the typesetting department, it made my job easier when converting the scripts for this release
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
User avatar
archer9234
Faiz
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by archer9234 »

I think the DC versions are just mastered in SD like you say (idiots did the same with Star Trek: TMP). The timings are probably off because of DVD VS Blu-ray. DVD's force 29.97FPS (unless they store the pulldown) rather than the correct 23.96FPS. That would cause the subs to miss time. It's still dumb to not work with the film master, during the DC edit version though. They should just edit the DC version first. Then TC for theaters after.
gmottl
Mega
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Rider-Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: ppgz, mrr, too many
Dreamy: fourze girls, luka
Favorite Actor?: jirou zanki garulu
Favorite Band: nightwish
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: MLP:FIM
Quote: just because you're a genius doesn't mean your a smart guy- PPG narrator
just because i'm an idiot doesn't mean i'm stupid- Spencer Shay
Location: red deer, alberta, canada
Contact:

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by gmottl »

for some reason that pic of mutsuki makes leangle look extremely laughable. also, what is the quality difference between the 720 and 1080, i'm downloading the 720 for size but for the hibiki movie i downloaded the 1080. is it much. i havn't watched the hibiki movie yet, too busy.
Anyone remember when the news didn't want to make you punch the nearest thing to you, me neither.
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 30599
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by takenoko »

Since it's Toei, I imagine that the DC versions were done as cheaply as possible. But yeah, it would explain why there's still no Blu-Rays for those movies. Still waiting for them to come out with Blu-Ray versions of the Heisei Kamen Rider series.
User avatar
XIII
The Conspiracy
Posts: 5537
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z
Location: UK

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by XIII »

gmottl wrote:for some reason that pic of mutsuki makes leangle look extremely laughable. also, what is the quality difference between the 720 and 1080, i'm downloading the 720 for size but for the hibiki movie i downloaded the 1080. is it much. i havn't watched the hibiki movie yet, too busy.
its probably about the same, but 1080 just gives you more screen size, kinda benefits people with large TV's with the 1080p output
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
knite00
01
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:43 pm
Male: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by knite00 »

IMHO The film is as sharp as it can be on 1080 compared to 720 with 30% quality loss. However if you're watching it on a 24" and below screen, the quality loss can be negligible as compared to a 32" and above screen. :)
gmottl wrote:for some reason that pic of mutsuki makes leangle look extremely laughable. also, what is the quality difference between the 720 and 1080, i'm downloading the 720 for size but for the hibiki movie i downloaded the 1080. is it much. i havn't watched the hibiki movie yet, too busy.
Reminds me of some of those collector's edition DVD and Blu-ray movies with deleted scenes reinserted into the movie. Sometimes, you can clearly see the drop in picture quality when the flim rolled into the deleted scene then sharpen back when it rolled back to the relesed cut.
takenoko wrote:Since it's Toei, I imagine that the DC versions were done as cheaply as possible. But yeah, it would explain why there's still no Blu-Rays for those movies. Still waiting for them to come out with Blu-Ray versions of the Heisei Kamen Rider series.
User avatar
archer9234
Faiz
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by archer9234 »

takenoko wrote:Since it's Toei, I imagine that the DC versions were done as cheaply as possible. But yeah, it would explain why there's still no Blu-Rays for those movies. Still waiting for them to come out with Blu-Ray versions of the Heisei Kamen Rider series.
It's still stupid. It just bits them in the butt later. I can imagine the price range for those BR releases. Especially all the Den-O stuff.
gmottl wrote:for some reason that pic of mutsuki makes leangle look extremely laughable. also, what is the quality difference between the 720 and 1080, i'm downloading the 720 for size but for the hibiki movie i downloaded the 1080. is it much. i havn't watched the hibiki movie yet, too busy.
The subtitles are also clearer. Since they aren't being enlarged.
User avatar
XIII
The Conspiracy
Posts: 5537
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z
Location: UK

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by XIII »

dont you mean shrunk for 720p and 480p releases
:P
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
User avatar
archer9234
Faiz
Posts: 695
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:55 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by archer9234 »

No I meant when you guys only have a 720p source. They get blurrier since I'm blowing the image up on my 1080p screens.
User avatar
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:14 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji
Location: California

Re: Missing Ace Theatrical Cut Released

Post by chronoxiong »

I have a fondness for Blade so I had to dl this. I've always liked this movie so seeing it in 720p was pretty cool. Thanks guys for the great work!
Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”