Wiki Link

< Faiz | Blade | Hibiki >
spincutEdge6272
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
Favorite Band: Guns N' Roses
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: World of Warcraft
Quote: "The sooner you accept your position as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it." - Lady Deathwhisper

Why Missing Ace can't be canon

Post by spincutEdge6272 »

Okay, this has been bugging me since I first saw Missing Ace around 6-7 months ago. Based on the details of the film, and put them side by side with the TV series' details, it's just hard to consider Missing Ace to be canon (in my opinion). Anyway, I thought some people might like to discuss this with me, so I put up a list of reasons as to why Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace cannot be canon, along with some of my own refutes to my claims.

Oh BTW, heavy spoilers if you haven't watched the film or the TV series. So avert your innocent eyes! :D

And oh yeah, I hope most of you can relate when I cite episodes. Well, here ya go!

Spoiler
---------------------------------
Why Missing Ace cannot be canon:

1.) If Junichi Shimura was the Joker, then Hajime would've been able to detect his presence during the course of the series, unless of course, you're telling me that he hid himself under a rock in Tibet while waiting for Hajime to be sealed.

REFUTE: Shimura hid under a rock.

2.) Undead do not work together, though they are depicted as close allies who work as a team throughout the movie. They fight each other to hear God's voice and win the Battle Fight, but they're surprisingly cooperative throughout the movie, which contrasts with their behavior in the series (view episode 20, episodes 24-25, episode 28, episode 35, episode 41, etc. for some steaming Undead-on-Undead action :lol: ).

REFUTE: Albino Joker was acknowledged by Kanai the Griffa Undead prior to getting his pitiful self sealed. Also, earlier in the fight where Garren and Leangle returned, the Undeads were seen and heard conversing about "the girl the Albino Joker wants", referring to Amane of course. Therefore, we can assume that Albino Undead ordered them around.

3.) Henshin Nitpick #1: Shortly after Garren henshin'd and wasted the Spider Undead with a super-cool flying Burning Shot, he threw the card to Mutsuki and told him to transform. Mutsuki was able to fight while in total control of himself. Anyone who watched the series knows that a major chunk of the Leangle story is Mutsuki continually getting controlled by the Spider Undead, only being freed by the combined efforts of Hikaru Jo the Tiger Undead and Shima the Tarantula Undead. We can assume that only Jo was sealed at the time of Mutsuki's re-transformation into Leangle, and to further the point, the resealed, 100% possession-free Spider Undead bore an orange color as the background to the card, but Mutsuki was shown holding the Change Spider card that still retained the violet background (see episode 42 for the shiny orange tint).

REFUTE anyone?

4.) Oh Shima, the Tarantula Undead. The biggest mistake of the writers was only letting you hang for 4 episodes when you could've lasted the whole season and made fans happier with your wisdom and your "I'm an Undead but I don't hate humans" attitude. So tell me, why was it that you were completely hostile and never appeared in your human form, and even assaulted Kamen Rider Lance before he Mighty'ed your tarantula butt and sealed you?

REFUTE: Shima just wanted a hug. Lance gave him an Impact Stab. j/k :D

5.) The club card, "Tapir Remote", has been used throughout the series as possibly the one most annoying card in existence. This card allows the unsealing of Undead and, true to its name, allows the unsealer full control of the unsealed. So, why was it that when Mutsuki unsealed Hajime, Hajime acted fully independent?

REFUTE: Storyline purposes. No solid refute, really.

6.) Speaking of the Tapir Remote, why was it that despite all cards being sealed (thus Albino Joker wins the Battle Fight), Hajime was allowed to be unsealed? Episode 48 shows us that if someone wins the fight, no other Undead can be unsealed, much to Mutsuki's chagrin.

REFUTE: Possibly had something to do with Hajime being the Joker. A loophole I can find is that only the 52 cards cannot be unsealed, whereas the Joker can be unsealed.

7.) ...and if Albino Joker did exist, wouldn't that allow Leangle to unseal Shima in episode 48? Because technically, the Battle Fight wouldn't be finished due to the presence of 2 Undead?

REFUTE: See above refute for my take.

8.) And how about Albino Joker winning the fight but no Stone of Sealing or whatever?

REFUTE: The Albino Joker's AlbinoRoaches only appeared after the sealing of Shima the Tarantula Undead, which made all Undead be sealed. Therefore, Albino Joker won the fight but the production of the Roaches were never shown on camera.

9.) It was mentioned in the film that Amane was to be sacrificed in order to unlock the power of Jashin 14. However, Hajime was able to take her place and the power of Jashin 14 remained. Amane's dad made contact with the stone of Jashin 14, and through some explanations in the film, only Amane could unlock the powers of Jashin 14.

REFUTE: Amane was technically already sacrificed, so her power was taken, so she could be swapped and the power would remain.

10.) In the epic scene where Kenzaki kills Hajime... see? That's the problem. KENZAKI KILLS HAJIME. Hajime is an Undead, right? Undead don't die, right? It was mentioned many times in the series and in the Hyper Battle Video that Undead cannot die. However, Kenzaki successfully kills Hajime.

REFUTE: Since Hajime was already trapped in the card, his life was being taken. So, I guess he could be killed at that point, yeah.

-=-=-

If that wasn't enough for you, I'm also gonna point out some minor problems that don't necessarily affect the film that much.

1.) Henshin Nitpick #2: Garren henshins with his voice. During his first of 2 henshins in the flick, he is clearly shown initiating the Turn Up mechanism of the buckle (which would've launched the card apparition), but the transparent card apparition doesn't appear until after he says, "Henshin". Yep.

REFUTE: Just some mistakes on the film editor's part. It's just a technical little wah-wah
and doesn't really affect the film.

2.) Henshin Nitpick #3: In the 3rd edition of "Masked Rider New Generation: Story in the Future" (episode 30), after Shimura whales an offscreen Isaka the Peacock Undead, he tosses a pair of Change Kerberos cards at Natsuki and Shin, and then de-henshins. Notice that the apparition launches before Shimura closes the buckle (which would have been the action that initiated the launch). Yep.

REFUTE: Just some mistakes on the TV special editor's part. It's just a technical little boo-boo and doesn't really affect the TV special.

3.) Want more technical wah-wahs? Leangle finishes the Beetle Undead with the most kickass Rider Kick in history (at least for me), the "Blizzard Crush". However, Leangle is only shown rouzing the Blizzard card.

REFUTE: If Leangle says it's a dang Blizzard Polar, then it's a Blizzard Polar, 'cause that's how the strongest rider fights. XD

---------------------------------

Anyway, I hope you weren't too confused by that. Basically, Toei really decided to just ignore the little details in order to make Missing Ace a better film. However, I just don't think it can be canon. Anyone out there who agrees with me?

So, feel free to explain, so I can find answers to the unresolved questions. Thanks!
"You have to merge with that dragon."
O RLY NAOW?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Why Missing Ace can't be canon

Post by takenoko »

It's not canon. Skipping all your evidence, one can just tell by watching the last episode
spincutEdge6272
Gao
Favorite series: Blade
Favorite Band: Guns N' Roses
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: World of Warcraft
Quote: "The sooner you accept your position as a defect, the sooner you will find yourselves in a position to transcend it." - Lady Deathwhisper

Post by spincutEdge6272 »

I'm just debunking its status as a possible side story. Alternate endings and all that. :lol:
"You have to merge with that dragon."
O RLY NAOW?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Instead of a side story, I thought it was an alternate end. o_O;
Ohwell.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”