Kamen Rider Blade....worst opening ever?

Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Faiz | Blade | Hibiki >
dvdvision
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Kamen Rider Blade....worst opening ever?

Post by dvdvision »

Hey all,
I just started watching Kamen Rider Blade, and I have to ask: does anyone feel like the opening to this show looks like they did it on the cheap? The bad dancing, the bland set, the lame shots of them riding on the beach? Granted, Agito wasn't much better (riding on a racing track), but at least they did some staging.
Anyone with me on this? What to you think is the best opening? For me, it's Kabuto!
Matt
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I actually like the opening sequence to Blade. It was unique and the opening song itself (Round Zero Blade Brave - Aikawa Nanase <33333) is the reason I even watched that series. The scene where Hirose punches and kicks at the falling tissue was adorable. =3
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
dvdvision

Okay, tissue kicking is cute.

Post by dvdvision »

Okay,
You got me on that one. Hirose kicking the tissue in a man's tux is pretty cute, but the rest, I can't get over the cheapness.
I was a little disappointed with Nanase's song. I much preferred her song for Zoids "No Future". I felt Round Zero... didn't really showcase her powerful voice.
The series I am seriously digging! I guess the opening is a small price to pay.
Matt
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Dreamy: Mika, Ran
Favorite Actor?: Cobb
Favorite Band: LCD Soundsystem
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: shiny objects

Re: Kamen Rider Blade....worst opening ever?

Post by Solidus »

dvdvision wrote:Hey all,
I just started watching Kamen Rider Blade, and I have to ask: does anyone feel like the opening to this show looks like they did it on the cheap? The bad dancing, the bland set, the lame shots of them riding on the beach? Granted, Agito wasn't much better (riding on a racing track), but at least they did some staging.
Anyone with me on this? What to you think is the best opening? For me, it's Kabuto!
Matt
Well, Blade had a pretty low budget beginning but it ramps up later on, they even get a new OP. But that being said I really did like both openings to this show, especially the music.

Basically, a halmark of Kamen Rider budgets is whether or not they use the "Green disco laser light" in the early episode(s). 8)
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I don't find anyone of Nanase's songs less "powerful" than the next. Yeah, I have some that I like more, but she always does a great job on all her stuff.

Blade's opening sequence may have been low budget material, but I think the uniqueness of it (sorta like a nightclub kamen rider showcase) is why I liked it so much.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!

Post by Solidus »

Yeah for me it was campy in a fun way. The song's one of my favorites, as is nearly everything else in Blade.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

8D Amen to Aikawa Nanase. Indeed 'No Future' was a hot song but I enjoyed 'Round Zero' as well.

I was disappointed at first as well because I wanted to see more diversity or scene change in the opening clip but after a while, I realized it's not so bad. They were able to come up with a nice concept even on the low budget. I love men(and Hirose xD) in suits so that's a plus. The fighting stances, transition, lighting were great.

P.-S. GOODNESS CHALICE DESIGN IN HOT. Yep.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I like Blade's opening. It's stylish and Brave Blade is a catchy song. Come on, all those light effects are pretty awesome and everyone is just posed real cool. You've got some Latin thrown in for some culture/ something for the myth chasers to look up. Plus there's the oh so secret introduction to Mutsuki in a hat who is revealed a little later. It's like "oh, he was there all this time, that's cool".

And everyone loves Elements.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

I loved Blade's openings, both of them. Especially Elements, c'mon, its Rider Chips...
Only intro I didnt like was Hibiki's...
Solidus
UNKNOWN HARD ERROR!

Post by Solidus »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:Only intro I didnt like was Hibiki's...
I really liked it. It was artsy, and the music varied between the various instruments used by the characters.
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

I didn't like the opening theme at first, but it grew on me as the series went on. And the staging sort of matches the song; they're lost in thought, stoic, as if they're unsure of what to do. Even when they changed the intro, they kept that instrumental version that they used for the previews for a while, and I thought that was nice.

If any series has a bad intro, it's Kamen Rider Kuuga. The posing is cool, and the opening gets my blood pumping, but the fighting... well, it looks kind of awkward. The second version was better though.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

I rather enjoyed the original open for Blade. It feels like a car show. The second one took a long, long time to grow on me, and I still prefer the energy of the first. But the second had beautiful cinematography, and the tone of the series changed along with the themesong, so it worked for me. It was like a triumphant "Ok, everything's falling together now, boys. Watch out for the insane amounts of ass about to be kicked" moment.

And to the poster who didn't like Hibiki's (presumably the first) opening, I have to say I loved it instantly. The non-rock music was a very nice pace change from previous series, and I was actually very angry when they changed it to the lyrical version. The Kagayaki opening puts me in mind of The Seven Samurai, which is perhaps why the Hibiki movie is so blatantly derivative of that same movie.

But back to the topic at hand. No, the Blade openings kicked ass. In contrast, I'm 8 episodes into Kabuto and already growing tired of the opening.
Skinwalker
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey The Live
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: X-23

Post by Skinwalker »

I liked both of Blade's openings. The first one had a great song, and it was cute. The second had another great song, awesome visuals and was a great reflection of the series' drama.
Tendou Souji
Mega
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Momotaros
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Setsuna F Seiei

Post by Tendou Souji »

No I dun think so, it's a very good opening. The worst opening of KR series, well, for me it's Hibiki's.
den-o
7X
Favorite series: Den-O 電王, Kabuto カブト

Post by den-o »

Tendou Souji wrote:No I dun think so, it's a very good opening. The worst opening of KR series, well, for me it's Hibiki's.
I agree!!!
Actually, i didnt like the whole of Hibiki.....

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”