3%
☆ My body is falling apart
2%

Total votes: 58
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Blade

Post by wisdomcat »

Like Gaim, Blade is an awesome show. It can be weird at the beginning but as the show picks up its pretty amazing. I won't spoil the ending but if you haven't watched Blade yet then you should watch it. I'm giving it a 5.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kamen-Rider-Blade
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Blade

Post by Revorse »

I'd have to agree. I feel like Blade is a very well made show. It does start slow. The first 10 or so episodes or what I refer to as the Tachibana Arc are kinda slow but after that it amazing. I'd put it up there with Gaim as to how well made of a Kamen Rider series it is.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Same opinion as everyone else. It starts of slow but really pays off. The last few episodes are amazing.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I'm... really mixed on Blade.
It had potential with its premise but.. holy dang, that cast. Once you see one of those meme videos, it's really hard to look back.

That said, I will give the 2nd Head writer (Shou Aikawa) praise for trying to go somewhere with the show but... again, I can't quite agree with how it went.
Wouldn't doing Tachibana's plan of unsealing Human Undead and having that be the last Undead be a much simpler idea than the crazy shindig Kenzaki went with?
Spoiler
Then again, if they kept him dead, maybe this wouldn't have come up? lol

As you can tell, I'm mixed. :lol:
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

What I really loved so much about Blade is the seriousness of the series. I prefer realistic and serious series, which is why Blade is one of my favorite series. Blade as a series is consistent, but to the point where it doesn't get that super exciting, nor get super boring. Which is why I didn't give it first spot in my rankings for Kamen Riders. Somehow I felt Fourze was more exciting than Blade.

5/5
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

It would be nice if the person who voted a 2 could come up and post a comment on why he gave it a 2
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

That was me, and I posted already so... :lol:
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:I'm... really mixed on Blade.
It had potential with its premise but.. holy dang, that cast. Once you see one of those meme videos, it's really hard to look back.

That said, I will give the 2nd Head writer (Shou Aikawa) praise for trying to go somewhere with the show but... again, I can't quite agree with how it went.
Wouldn't doing Tachibana's plan of unsealing Human Undead and having that be the last Undead be a much simpler idea than the crazy shindig Kenzaki went with?
Spoiler
Then again, if they kept him dead, maybe this wouldn't have come up? lol

As you can tell, I'm mixed. :lol:
But if they unsealed the Human Undead then Joker wouldn't have a human form anymore and Amane would be sad.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Meh, Amane was just a brat with nothing to show for it.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.

Post by Kuchiri »

Out of all the series of Kamen Rider I have seen, Blade has possibly the best ending of any of them. Including Gaim.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

A solid 4. One of the best KR endings.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

While I said in my Hibiki post that no KR series will likely bump Hibki from the top of my Favorites list, it's possible that no KR series will bump Blade from the bottom of the Favorites list. Definite 1/5 from me.

The ending was good, yes. I think that was probably the best way to end the series, but the 48 episodes before that were a grind. I thought Kazuma was a very weak hero (in terms of story and presence) while Tachibana was a much more engaging character. Hajime was a very interesting character, and had he been fleshed out more through the series I might have liked the series just a little bit. Mutsuki was painful to watch and I cringed whenever he pulled out the buckle and I heard "Open APP". It just never pulled me in, and always seemed like it was an older series. Visually, it reminded me of Agito despite following Faiz. I couldn't help but think that it was actually filmed years before, and they slotted it in after Faiz for whatever reason. So far, it's the only KR series that I haven't felt a little bit sentimental after the finale. I simply closed the video player and started Hibki, unknowing that my least favorite series would be followed by my favorite.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

5 star from me, truly an ace show. One of my favourite.

Maybe Hajime and Kenzaki characters development really suits to my liking.

One thing for sure, I would love to see Hajime/KR Chalice back in action again.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Gotta respectfully disagree with mholden here; Blade is firmly seated in my #2 slot behind Kabuto. It was the fifth Rider show I watched (Kabuto, Den-O, Agito, Faiz, Blade, for those who cared to know) and had me hooked from the very beginning. I loved the belt/suit designs, found the characters interesting and engaging and we had a spider-themed Rider (which I don't think has been done before or since; feel free to correct me if I am wrong). It ended up being very much like Gaim for me (which, again for those who care, unseated Agito as my 3rd-favorite show) and even the filler episodes were fun to watch. 5/5
dualvision1984
7X
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: The meaning of the journey lies within the journey itself - Eijiro Hikari, Kamen Rider Decade
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by dualvision1984 »

One of the serious Kamen Rider shows in the franchise. Excellent monster of the week designs. One of the best transformation of the main Rider into his final forms and actually he has one of the strongest final attack too.
Spoiler
The one thing I don't like is how the show ended by Kenzaki/Blade sacrifices his humanity to keep Hajime/Chalice Joker alive to end or to have a stalemate in the Battle Royale.
Still, I'll give it a 5.

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”