Best.Ending.Ever?

Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Faiz | Blade | Hibiki >

how do you feel about Blades Ending?

It was Perfect, Love, Sacrifice, Redemption...........
51%
It was good, better than most Series
34%
It was not all that great
12%
WORST.ENDING.EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3%

Total votes: 67
Sora124
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Blade/Kiva/Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O/Magi/Shinken
Dreamy: Eh?
Favorite Band: Sigur Ros
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Muzak

Re: Best.Ending.Ever?

Post by Sora124 »

steelpengu wrote:I just finished it last night, and I gotta say that was one of the most mature, grown up endings I've seen to ANY tv show. It was amazingly satisfying without trying to wring out some hollow, over blown action finale. The whole series had a similar kind of balance. I mean, from the get go a lot of the elements I assume will carry through the series get taken away in the very first episode. It'd be like if in the very first Ultraman Tiga episode GUTS was destroyed, stripping the characters of any guidance or support. It was very surprising to me. The ending afiirmed the theme that the series was not interested in it's monster fights and evil plans and outlandish posing nearly as much as it was about challenging the character's values and making the grow up. I think an ending like that does Shotaro Ishimori proud.
This.

However, I do have a (minor) complaint:

I wanted to know what Garren's and Leangle's King Form looked like. I guess it's understandable that we didn't see it. Tachibana's buckle was damaged, and Mutsuki doesn't have an Absorber.

Blade was weird for me. For the first 10 episodes, I disliked it. I had to force myself to watch through the beginning, but it paid off. Everything afterwards was sublime. Though, I was actually afraid that series would fizzle out at the end just like Kabuto did, but it didn't. The ending has actually elevated the series to the very top of the list of my favorite shows of all time.

Don't get me wrong, though. I loved Kabuto. :mrgreen:
Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Arawynn »

Blade ending was the most heroic and also the most tragic. To sacrifice his own humanity requires mammoth quantity of courage! The series didnt leave any loose ends or stuff unexplained.
And that is why Blade is my very fav of all KR series I have watched!
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

it bugs since when they finally sealed the final undead and joker goes crazy and whole world seems to end the they figured that they should released some undead so they ordered mutsuki to do it but then he can't since the undead war is "finished"... so

how about just after blade goes navy joker why can't they ask mutski again to release some undead so that kenzaki can become a garbage man and everyone will be happy?
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

Well lets see first i tried watching Blade back a few years ago, i quitted around ep 5 cause i dun remember why exactly but the show didnt suit me at the time. I picked it up recently cause of a certain preview in decade, and i actually found myself liking the show alot. Its not my favorite, but definitely a good one, even tho its somewhat overrated to some people.

But yea anyways, the story and ending were great, its pretty sad for one to become the one thing he protected the world from and also i guess to save his friend (i guess Aikawa Hajime was his friend in the end seeing as how he had hallucinations that Kenzaki was around him in the end). The characters were great, Tachibana came across as the asshole rider for this show given the many things he did wrong and ended up paying the price for. I was surprised that Mutsuki became quickly under the Spider undead's influence again after he kinda fought it off with Tachibana's training.

One thing i think they coulda done was give everybody a King form, seeing as how i actually thought Mutsuki was gonna get one when he had Garren's Rouse Absorber lol and also theres only 4 riders in the show, so was it that hard lol?? Cause it makes the Diamond King, Club King,Queen,and jack kinda useless in someway.

Oh yea and i liked Round Zero~Brave Blade better than elements but overall satisfying music either way.
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I'd say this is definitely a better ending for a Rider series than a couple of others we've had. I love the fact that in order to save both the world & Hajime, Kenzaki has to become what's he's been fighting & ultimately trying to stop, only to have to now fight the urge to seal Joker & ultimately doom the the world.

Blade is really a excellent series, I like how they presented a pseudo theory to divine creation & combined it with evolution's fighting for the survival of you species. The card based rider system introduced in Ryuki returns and is used very effectively in Blade, by taking a regular deck of playing cards & giving them ability's they essentially taught kids the basics of poker. The Undead were certainly well designed, kudos to Yasushi Nirasawa for taking a deck of cards and turning them into interesting looking monsters that want to kill you.

A couple of the things I didn't really care for was Mutsuki's/Spider Undead's continual moping around on how he was the strongest of the rider's only to get a beat down, it's not that it didn't need to be in their I just think they didn't need to drag it out so much. Another thing I didn't care for alot was Amane's continual clingy nature towards Hajime, it was a cute schoolgirl crush to begin with but really got old fast.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
reitantei
Adventure
Favorite series: Blade/Kabuto

Post by reitantei »

Oh seriously hell yes.

I confess, I'm weak for self-sacrificing people and happy yet tragic endings. The world is saved but the hero is in pain. Like Lord of the Rings, mufufu. I will say no more on this. It was the best to me, amen.
siles1991
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: "To believe is to trust"

Post by siles1991 »

it bugs since when they finally sealed the final undead and joker goes crazy and whole world seems to end the they figured that they should released some undead so they ordered mutsuki to do it but then he can't since the undead war is "finished"... so

how about just after blade goes navy joker why can't they ask mutski again to release some undead so that kenzaki can become a garbage man and everyone will be happy?
Well it's because eventhough mitsuki could unseal another undead Kenzaki is still a Joker and doesn't have a Spirit Card like Hajime to surpress his Joker instinct so in the end both of them would still have to separated or they will fight each other.

Best ending so far 10/10 :P starting episodes were so boring I could fall asleep but getting through those few boring episodes the ending is so worth it O_O I cried T.T self sacrifice....never seen a KR like that before.
Damage
Favorite series: Blade/GARO/Shi15uya
2nd Favorite Series: W/Den-O/Cutie Honey
Dreamy: Mikie Hara!
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: Oasis
My boom: F/S N, Glee, LOGH
Quote: “I had a Gundam once. He was magnificent.”
- Oscar Wilde

Post by Damage »

I had heard that Blade was somewhat an opposite of Kabuto(the first toku show I completed), where Kabuto starts strong and ends weak, Blade is the other way around. Little did I know Blade would be my favorite heisei show. I finished it not too long ago and I have to say, I nearly cried at that ending. It was damn near perfect and aside from GARO it's probably the best toku ending I've seen. Kazuma Kenzaki is a true friend of justice ;_;

On a side note, I was surprised most people found the first 10 or so episodes boring, I was absolutely hooked from the start.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

When I first saw it, I did not expect it. I was honestly expecting the series to end with the same premise that the movie went on, and that perhaps the movie would be based around what actually happened in the series.

I also really wanted Garren King Form. Perhaps they'll release a figure of it later like they did with Raia Survive.
shinichi_sama
Anime skin is so smooth
Favorite series: Blade and Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva and Faiz
Dreamy: Kotoha!!
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima!!
Favorite Band: ~ uverworld ~
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: vocaloid~ fourze~
Quote: ~ sore dake da ~
~ 宇宙キタ~~~~~~~ ~

Post by shinichi_sama »

The ending of Blade is completely unexpected
Spoiler
when Kenzaki turned into an undead
Catastrophe wrote:I also really wanted Garren King Form. Perhaps they'll release a figure of it later like they did with Raia Survive.
Maybe its possible to have a figure of Garren King Form.

Does Chalice have a King Form? I think it is Wild...
Onore!

~Dark Kiva is not Evil~
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

New reader, first-time poster, long-time Kamen Rider fan (got started with imported VHS tapes of Black in the late 80's and early 90's).

Just finished Blade a few days ago, and it was my favourite Kamen Rider series so far. I got back into Kamen Rider a few years ago with Kiva, and have been working my way backwards from there. Watched all of Kiva, Den-O, Kabuto, Hibiki, jumped ahead to W about a month ago (I'm skipping over Decade until I catch up on all the Heisei era series' that contributed to it), and a couple weeks ago watched Blade from start to finish. I literally couldn't stop watching it, and would go through more than ten episodes in a day sometimes. The ending was so touching, satisfying, and most importantly, believable. Although these were fantastical characters, some of whom weren't even human, there was an incredibly human and humane feeling to their motivations, far more so than any other Kamen Rider series I've yet watched.

I think I did myself a great disservice watching Missing Ace an hour or so after I finished episode 49. It completely killed the mood I was in, countered all the resolutions the characters had, and felt terribly rushed and convoluted, something almost antithetical to the entire run of Blade.
DoubleExtreme
Number 6
Number 6
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Post by DoubleExtreme »

I got started with Blade. Its the first heisei era KR series i watched and it got me hooked. I actually had nothing to do and wanted to kill time. I stopped for a while and later got started again with Decade. This really made me curious about all the other KR series. I probably will never watch the showa ones as they look really old fashioned to me. So far, have watched Agito, Den O, Decade, W, Blade, Kiva. In the middle of Ryuki now. Blade ranks No.2 for me behind W.

Blade will always bring back memories and everytime i watch a KR series, I set Blade as a benchmark. The ending is very touching.
JapzLapeno

Post by JapzLapeno »

This was my first KR series. It got me hooked, but also made it near impossible for me to completely enjoy any of the others i've seen since because they don't measure up in some way. Endings are especially tough. This ending didn't seem rushed. The pacing worked because things built up properly. It was kind of a sad ending, but at the same time it fit the characters and story.

The worst thing about the ending is how good it is. I didn't know that the movies were made mid-season and were pretty much alternate endings or based on alternate endings. I knew the movie took place years after the series, the Undead were released again, and that there were new Riders. However, i expected the movie to be about Kenzaki returning from hiding to help the remaining and new Riders fight the Undead and possibly face-off with Hajime again. Oh well.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Main character finished in a way that he has lost everybody that is close to him;
Allot of humans dead because they wanted to save 1 Undead;
And that single Undead lives happy until the day he loses control over Joker;

How can this even be the best ending? I think it is a tragedy
Kamen Rider
Gabu
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
My boom: Gaim
Quote: おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司

Post by Kamen Rider »

For me, i felt that if you watched the movie after the series (the dc ver.), it really gave a sense of "completeness", for a lack of a better word. It was an alternate, and maybe, happier ending for some people who felt Kenzaki should have lived a normal life compared to becoming a hermit. :D

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”