Best.Ending.Ever?

Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Faiz | Blade | Hibiki >

how do you feel about Blades Ending?

It was Perfect, Love, Sacrifice, Redemption...........
51%
It was good, better than most Series
34%
It was not all that great
12%
WORST.ENDING.EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3%

Total votes: 67
Deka_Hero
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Quote: I DEMAND THINGS TO BE AWESOME! - Michel Bay

Best.Ending.Ever?

Post by Deka_Hero »

With Kenzaki Forfeiting his Humanity, becoming the Navy Joker, making Hajime become Human again and letting him stay with Amane and Haruka, do you think it was a good end, bad ending, what?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Best.Ending.Ever?

Post by Kogashi »

I did like that fact that, the way it was written there could only really be that ending, and they went with it. They didn't think of some wand waving answer to everything so some kind of half and half solution.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I was pleased. It used a trick that fit in with the story, most people got what they wanted, someone made a sacrifice and became a hero, it was cool
DaikaijuSokogeki!
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Ken'ichi Matsuyama
Favorite Band: Orange Range

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

Although it is the most tragic ending, it is easily the most satisfying ending to a KR show I've seen. It gave me the impression that King Form wasn't just something stupid that was thrown in to satisfy Bandai execs, and actually was important to the story the show was trying to tell. It's also the most complete ending. There are no loose ends and it doesn't rush itself, unlike 555 or Kabuto.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

You have a good point, now that I think about it, final Kamen Rider forms turn out to be kind of lame in comparison. They either or gimmicky or have nothing to do with the story. The worst thing is when they're just recolors (Faiz and Zeronos Rust Form, go!). It certainly would be nice if the upgraded forms had more connection to the story the way they are in Blade
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

It's second best of all the Kamen Rider endings for me. Even with Thai dubbing the entire series was good too.(All of the voices coincidentally matched their personality.) Even probability tipped in favor of this show! :)
IijumiSoukai
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Tenchi Muyo
2nd Favorite Series: Rescue Fire
Dreamy: Yoko Mitsuya <3
Favorite Actor?: Should I have one?
Favorite Band: Ask above
My boom: Drawing

Post by IijumiSoukai »

I don't really dig the ending only because...
Spoiler
the safety of the human race hinges on two guys staying the hell away from each other until the end of time.
That scares me. Also, the movie kind of confused things for me because
Spoiler
all the Undead were sealed and nothing happened until White Joker started making moves, but the series immediately had massive amounts of enemies running amok and Hajime powerless (or he didn't care) to stop them.
I know that movies are typically in another universe, but...the series ending was anti-climactic to me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think there were any loose ends. The movie contradicts the series, so it's alt universe
Kagami
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Kagami »

takenoko wrote:You have a good point, now that I think about it, final Kamen Rider forms turn out to be kind of lame in comparison. They either or gimmicky or have nothing to do with the story. The worst thing is when they're just recolors (Faiz and Zeronos Rust Form, go!). It certainly would be nice if the upgraded forms had more connection to the story the way they are in Blade
but blaster mode faiz wasnt thrown around like a toy it was rarely used and didnt pose a eye sore in peoples eyes and i liked the simplicity of it plus a jet pack is cool
DaikaijuSokogeki!
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Ken'ichi Matsuyama
Favorite Band: Orange Range

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

Kagami wrote:
takenoko wrote:You have a good point, now that I think about it, final Kamen Rider forms turn out to be kind of lame in comparison. They either or gimmicky or have nothing to do with the story. The worst thing is when they're just recolors (Faiz and Zeronos Rust Form, go!). It certainly would be nice if the upgraded forms had more connection to the story the way they are in Blade
but blaster mode faiz wasnt thrown around like a toy it was rarely used and didnt pose a eye sore in peoples eyes and i liked the simplicity of it plus a jet pack is cool
The problem with Faiz-2 was that it was awfully lame for a final form and really wasn't necessary at all. It was thrown around like a toy because it didn't further the story and Toei whored it in advertisements and even displayed it in the movie before its appearance in the TV show (much like every other movie based off of a KR show with the exception of Den-O's first movie).
Raziel-chan
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by Raziel-chan »

I liked the ending. It was well-written and actually closed off most plots and filled in most gaps. The movie wasn't bad, though, other than the pretty awesome sfx for the boss monster, it was nothing special. The two sidekick riders for white joker got too little focus on them...

Also, I like Blade for the battle choreography, practical usage of their transformations (the transformation energy card that appears when they transform being used as a shield/knock back attack), pointing out some of the flaws in the transformation sequences (Leange unsealing the cards they are using, Kenzaki getting knocked back by a roach and losing the cards he was going to use to transform to king (through he somehow got them back), Wild Chalice actually preparing his weapon and aiming at Blade as he transforms into his king form, shooting him just as he finishes the transformation) and really modest power levels of the suits.

Seriously, if you look at the stats available on wikipedia (which, I presume, come from profiles on official pages or something), it clearly shows that most riders from other KR shows START at the level of Blade's King Form. Heck, Kiva's basic form is actually both stronger and faster than Blade's King form. Den-O's sword form too. >_> I like that they didn't go all crazy with power levels.

cya
Raziel-chan
jacie_015

Post by jacie_015 »

This series is the first ever something that makes me cry :(
I never thought of the ending...
All of my guesses are wrong....
Also, dramatic ending...
Just,
I CRY!!!
Want more for Blade!!!
Ichida
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Haga Yuria
Favorite Actor?: Takeda Kouhei
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Ichida »

Oh, God, by far the most heroic ending I've seen. *Finished last night* I always thought throughout the series that Kenzaki didn't have enough drama to his character to deserve to be the eponymous Rider, but DAMN did he make up for it in the end.
SuperIchi, Blue Caster of Radio Sentai Castranger (formerly Ichida za Zeal)
our tokustasu weekly review podcast, blending seasoned veteran critique, reactionary hilarity, & anguished screams of cringe/shock
http://castranger.podbean.com
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

Great ending!!!!

Although for Kenzaki the choice seemed pretty obvious - what with his wish to save as much people as he could

still - Ultimate Sacrifice FTW!
IKKAN KENJO!
steelpengu
Gao
Favorite series: MMPR
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Favorite Band: Hammerfall
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: women, all of them

Post by steelpengu »

I just finished it last night, and I gotta say that was one of the most mature, grown up endings I've seen to ANY tv show. It was amazingly satisfying without trying to wring out some hollow, over blown action finale. The whole series had a similar kind of balance. I mean, from the get go a lot of the elements I assume will carry through the series get taken away in the very first episode. It'd be like if in the very first Ultraman Tiga episode GUTS was destroyed, stripping the characters of any guidance or support. It was very surprising to me. The ending afiirmed the theme that the series was not interested in it's monster fights and evil plans and outlandish posing nearly as much as it was about challenging the character's values and making the grow up. I think an ending like that does Shotaro Ishimori proud.
Opinions are *not* reflex actions.

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”