How do you Feel about the ending?

Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Faiz | Blade | Hibiki >
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

How do you Feel about the ending?

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

Blade was a great series (Beginning was a little slow) but still great.
I thought the ending was nicely done, but it didnt leave me with a sense of closure. Some would disagree with me on this, but I felt (Like with 555) That the story was yet to be complete.
Kenzaki and Hajime can't fully escape their past destiny, they can't run from it forever.
Hajime will eventually be found out be everyone, since I would doubt that the Spirit Card would allow him to Age. Amane would grow old and Hajime would still look the same.
Unless it would be a guess that after Hajime has fulfilled with Amane he and Kenzaki would meet again, free the Spirit card and me captured themselves. But that would only be speculation. Considering that the Sealing Stone would probably keep interfering in their lives.
<.< >.> I think a sequel Drama will be in Order.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I didn't like that they had to split after finally becoming actual friends. That sucked. :(
Blade made me teary eyed too much. ESPECIALLY the movie. Amane knowing that Hajime's around, and her expressions/actions showing it just killed me. I was bawlin' xD
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I do disagreed with you about the ending. No story is ever finished unless everyone dies. Anyway, Blade's ending is complete as we know that Kenzaki will roam the earth alone forever while Hajime will get the chance for the life he desired.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't really feel like there were any loose ends left to tie. It's like saying giving Cinderella a sequel, justifying it as they're only married, what if they have marital problems or if someone changes the past. And saying Hajime will never age and Amane will die is like saying other endings aren't complete unless all the characters are dead and the story is truly ended.

All the story points related to Blade were tied up and Kenzaki and Hajime are fated to part. People might not like it, but it's a realistic ending.
ginge_ranger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by ginge_ranger »

I didn't like the ending either. I was hoping Hajime would be sealed. Somehow having Kenzaki turn into an undead was just anti-climactic. The series built up to this great battle and then .... it didn't happen. I was just left wanting more.

However I would say that that was the only negative in the series and I really enjoyed, being only my second full KR series after Kabuto.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

That's why Missing Ace was made, it basically serves as a "What if" Scenario, without revealing too much of what happens later in the season (since the movie normally comes out before the season is halfway done).

Edit: From Blade to Ace, I was a little bit fast typing...DONT JUDGE ME! T_T
<.<''
Last edited by ShinmeiSuzaku on Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmienZero
NagoSan
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: Instrumental Music
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: SILENCE! I KEEL YOU!

Post by AmienZero »

Missing Ace. not Missing Blade. lol. i have to admit though, the ending was quite unexpected. i thought after kenzaki turn into joker, everything would end, and everyone lives happily. didn't expect that kenzaki leaves hajime so that he may live the life he wanted.
"Untouchable Spirit! Rin-Jyu T-Rex-ken!"

SILENCE! I KEEL YOU! *evil stare*
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer

Post by guile_bio »

I dislike the fact of Missing Ace being another What If, in Kamen Rider movies/theater version. Good thing Ore Tanjou is not a What If, and that it happens along the storyline randomly.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Actually, the movie was what I was hoping would originally happen. There's nothing wrong with an alternative to the ending. It makes things more interesting, and gives people what they want (like in my case).
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

guile_bio wrote:I dislike the fact of Missing Ace being another What If, in Kamen Rider movies/theater version. Good thing Ore Tanjou is not a What If, and that it happens along the storyline randomly.
I don't think what-if stories are that bad. But I don't think that Blade's movie was all that interesting
KRendBlade
Kamen Knight

Post by KRendBlade »

Well, I think the movie was good, although I've got to admit that it didn't put out as many surprising ideas as the last few episodes of the show. But in hindsight, I guess they needed to keep you guessing about the show in order to be different from the movie.
space pirate balban
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by space pirate balban »

Easily my favorite kamen rider ending of the ones that TV-N has subbed. I guess it wasn't climatic in the sense that there was a huge battle with big explosions(as other people have said, the blade movie did provide this to a extent), but it was quite climatic to me from a storyline perspective. And really, the only other way it could have ended was to have kenzaki seal hajime, which he had no desire to do. In the end, his sacrifice was the only way to save both the world and hajime(might I add I still think its one of the more heroic things I've seen in the new-gen kamen rider shows). Was it sad? Yeah, but I thought it was apporiate. I mean, ending it any other way other than the ending we got or sealing hajime would have required them to change the rules of the battle fight, which I wouldn't have liked.

As for the movie, I really didn't like it. Its been a while since I saw it, but if I remeber correctly, they killed both hajime and the albino joker, which was in pretty clear violations of what the show established. I mean, thats the whole reason they were called "undead" was because they could never be killed, only sealed. Not a huge deal, put kind of shame, partically considering how good the show was about keeping its own internal constancy. Aside from that, it had its moments, but it was just kind of boring I guess.
ShinmeiSuzaku
Robo's Birthday

Post by ShinmeiSuzaku »

space pirate balban wrote:As for the movie, I really didn't like it. Its been a while since I saw it, but if I remeber correctly, they killed both hajime and the albino joker, which was in pretty clear violations of what the show established. I mean, thats the whole reason they were called "undead" was because they could never be killed, only sealed. Not a huge deal, put kind of shame, partically considering how good the show was about keeping its own internal constancy. Aside from that, it had its moments, but it was just kind of boring I guess.
The movie normally tries not to spoil the storyline of the show. So the "God" of the Series was not part of the show. Just like in the Faiz movie the central Focus was the Emperor's belt and not the Orphenoch King.
That's why the movies are considered Alternate Universe and not really Canon to the show.
The movie was simply that they needed to Seal all the undead (The original storyline) but the show expanded that it was much more to it than just sealing the Undead.
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Well that ending is better than nothing to me. After the traumatize of watching Faiz (the first Kamen Rider ever for me), I was relief to see none of riders actually die in this series even though quite few people did.

Sometimes the sacrifice got to be made, and I just feel bad that Blade got the worse of it. He goes on dealing with his fate alone while Joker can live with other friends.

At least it's easier for Blade to make new friends rather than the Joker because of his personality, which is probably why Blade allows Joker to stay with those humans.

I wonder...if you actually can live forever knowing you have sealed your own friend for the sake of the world, rather than give up your own humanity for greater good? I don't know if I can live with it and Blade have shown us he can't either.

Seem like that's the only end you can get, either the joker sealed, the human's world coming to end, or having Blade turns into a joker for stalemate.

Tell me how can you end the show without break the rule that universe has set for them?

The theme of that show seems to center the great traits within humankind and friendship is one of em.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
space pirate balban

Post by space pirate balban »

ShinmeiSuzaku wrote:The movie normally tries not to spoil the storyline of the show. So the "God" of the Series was not part of the show. Just like in the Faiz movie the central Focus was the Emperor's belt and not the Orphenoch King.
That's why the movies are considered Alternate Universe and not really Canon to the show.
The movie was simply that they needed to Seal all the undead (The original storyline) but the show expanded that it was much more to it than just sealing the Undead.
Yea I understand about it being alternate universe. My only point was I thought the whole thing with the undead being immortal was a basic concept of the show, hence their name, which I thought the movie should have had. Simply sealing hajime and the albino joker(after he was deafeated in that final form) would have fixed that. But yea I understand that later storyline developments like the "god" would not have been a part of it, and I can understand not wanting to spoil the TV show ending.

Return to “Kamen Rider Blade”