Can you burn .MP4 files directly to player-compatible DVD?

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Can you burn .MP4 files directly to player-compatible DVD?

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Okay - my little brother has taken an interest in Akibaranger, but he's not computer-savvy and won't even begin to mess with torrent, vid players, codecs, etc., so I decided I'd burn some DVDs of Akiba for him to watch on his TV. Problem is, I have the HD .MP4 files only and no DVD authoring software I have will even recognize that as a valid type. I'm flat-busted broke at this point and can't afford to buy new software, so I'm wondering if there's a freeware program out there I've missed in my scouring of Google that will do what I want (custom menus, perhaps background music for menus, etc.). Otherwise, I'll have to spend the next few days downloading the SD releases and burn them with Windows DVD Maker, which did not give the best results the last time I tried to use it.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Can you burn .MP4 files directly to player-compatible DV

Post by XIII »

On a computer just download GOM and youll be set
If you want to author DVDs, your best bet is to google the term open source dvd authoring, from that you will get stuff like http://www.dvdflick.net/
which on the features lists does say it supports h.264 and aac audio
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

Return to “Playback Help”