Video Playback on Old Machine Was: Decade Release List

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
Warwolf
7X
Quote: Henshin!

Video Playback on Old Machine Was: Decade Release List

Post by Warwolf »

takenoko wrote:We can add it after it's been released. I don't want to add it, then have people asking why they can't find a download for it. It may seem silly, but there are people who will do that.
On the subject, are we going to get an SD version of it, or just the HD version? I'm all for both, personally. Then again, as I can only use .avi right now, I suppose I'm kind of biased. :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Decade Release List

Post by takenoko »

It'll get a normal movie release. If you aren't familiar with how we do it, the recent Ryuki movie release is probably a good example.
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

takenoko wrote:It'll get a normal movie release. If you aren't familiar with how we do it, the recent Ryuki movie release is probably a good example.
I'm not entirely sure I follow your meaning on that. I'm looking at the Ryuki DDL section now, and all I see is three versions of...oh. Okay, I get it. One in regular def, and two high def. Nice. Though I notice they're all in .mp4, so that might mean I'm out of luck. ...I think. Unless you guys will have a .avi version available. Which is what I meant when I said SD, since almost everything I've downloaded in the SD sections has been .avi, and even a few HD ones are listed as .avi (Thank God) But if the 3000th release thing is what you meant, and all movies will follow that from now on...yeah, I'm probably gonna have to wait till I can save up some money to get a damn good computer that can last at least a year before I can watch any of them. :oops: Sorry for asking such a potentially follish question, but as I'm still more or less new to teh board and the site in general, I was curious. Plus I didn't see on the main site if you'd decided to go with one format over the other though that might have just been because I wasn't looking in the right area. Which for all I know is probably the case. :lol: At least I can laugh at myself for my own stupidity if it turns out this is the case. o.o;;;
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

the SD h.264 releases will work on the majority of PC's without issue, use something like GOM or VLC and you will be fine with them

Heck if my Xperia Arc phone with its 1GHz CPU can play the SD h.264 releases, your more powerful PC (no matter its age) will be able to handle it

Also its mentioned here http://tvnihon.com/node/1160 that we will be switching to it for 90% of releases from here on out

Also, upgrade to SP3 already, it fixes many things in XP
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Azazel wrote:the SD h.264 releases will work on the majority of PC's without issue, use something like GOM or VLC and you will be fine with them

Heck if my Xperia Arc phone with its 1GHz CPU can play the SD h.264 releases, your more powerful PC (no matter its age) will be able to handle it

Also its mentioned here http://tvnihon.com/node/1160 that we will be switching to it for 90% of releases from here on out

Also, upgrade to SP3 already, it fixes many things in XP
I tried GOM and VLC actually. Both of them froze up the machine, I'm sorry to say. I'll have to try to save up for a new one. Not easy when I only get $200 a month to use for myself after all my expenses are paid. But I suppose I could get one second-hand or something...as long as it isn't running Vista. Good lord that was a train wreck.

Come to think of it, isn't .mp4 supposed to be the file type for Real Player? This old machine has that, but I remember hearing somewhere that it wasn't safe to use because it was susceptible to trojans or something.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

MP4 isn't a Real Player file format, that's RM. MP4 is safe.
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Ah. Then Real player wouldn't be able to play it, I take it?
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Post by Magenta »

why are you using realplayer

why, in the year 2012, with the massive advancements in technology allowing the greatest amount of clever and intuitive technology and programs, would any sane human being be using realplayer
ima sugu shutsudoukable
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Magenta wrote:why are you using realplayer

why, in the year 2012, with the massive advancements in technology allowing the greatest amount of clever and intuitive technology and programs, would any sane human being be using realplayer
Strictly speaking I'm not. I just happen to have it on my machine, and my machine is a 2002 model. :p If I had the money, I would get a modern machine. But since I don't.... well, you get what I'm getting at.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

If GOM and VLC don't work for you, I'd suggest MPC
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Lunagel wrote:If GOM and VLC don't work for you, I'd suggest MPC
MPC?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Video Playback on Old Machine Was: Decade Release List

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

MPC = Media Player Classic; it's a decent player to use and I'd recommend it over Real player anytime.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

or perhaps its time to do the good old format and reinstall everything

it does wonders for the PC
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Warwolf
7X

Post by Warwolf »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:MPC = Media Player Classic; it's a decent player to use and I'd recommend it over Real player anytime.
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what about BS player? I actually have that. Or at least I think I do. It's been a long time since I used it sinze zoomplayer ended up working better. Haven't tried to use it yet on the .mp4 format but.....
dialectixchaos
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Band: Megadeth

Post by dialectixchaos »

1. Get a copy of Tiny/MicroXP. I'd recommend Linux over Windows any time, but if that is your main machine, so that might not be a good idea. The Tiny/MicroXP series works wonders on my old 98SE machine. Do the good ol reinstall, be sure to make a ghost image once you're done. The disk comes with Acronis. Google it, its on the******bay. Its not piracy if you already own Windows XP.
2. Get K-Lite Codec Pack Full - it contain Media Player Classic, and it have pretty much every codec you'll ever need.
3. Watch old and new TV-Nihon releases without any issues :D

Return to “Playback Help”