Go-Busters 15 and 16 DC, Audio Problem

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: Go-Busters 15 and 16 DC, Audio Problem

Post by ReversedSentai »

Super Hero Taisen is different. There was an audio issue in Xbox playback.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

ReversedSentai wrote:Super Hero Taisen is different. There was an audio issue in Xbox playback.
Well, I'm just saying - that movie is the same format (blueray, mp4, SD). Its something that sounds like its fixable. (Or at least should be mentioned, on the Direct Download link). Ease of use, for this site and the videos, is very important. Not being compatible with the most common player, is frustrating.)

I'm going to try VLC. See if that works.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

It worked, but VLC is pretty horrible player. Pausing causes a scratching effect each time.

I really hope you can find a solution to fixing these issues, because if this is the case with every DVD Blueray - its just going to continue to frustrate viewers.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

This isn't the case with all DVD and Blu-Rays, I assure you. There are other players out there like Media Player Classic and GOM too if you want to switch players.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

ReversedSentai wrote:This isn't the case with all DVD and Blu-Rays, I assure you. There are other players out there like Media Player Classic and GOM too if you want to switch players.
Does Media Player Classic conflict with the modern one?
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

I'm not sure what you mean by conflict, but I've been using it as my main player and it doesn't affect any other players.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

This is not an issue. There is no audio problem. This is a commentary track on the audio. It is incredibly difficult to remove this and some people do enjoy hearing the actors/director talk, so we don't bother removing. There would be no problem if you had used a better player in the first place. WMP is fine for grandmothers who want to look at their grandkid's video but it's just not good for multimedia playback for anything more complex.

You need more codecs to play files and you need a better player. WMP, Quicktime and RealPlayer are all horrible for reliable playback. MPC, GOM and VLC are the best, and add it with the CCCP codecs, I've never had any problem playing any file ever.

Move with the times. Upgrade.
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by erikhol »

Lunagel wrote:This is not an issue. There is no audio problem. This is a commentary track on the audio. It is incredibly difficult to remove this and some people do enjoy hearing the actors/director talk, so we don't bother removing. There would be no problem if you had used a better player in the first place. WMP is fine for grandmothers who want to look at their grandkid's video but it's just not good for multimedia playback for anything more complex.

You need more codecs to play files and you need a better player. WMP, Quicktime and RealPlayer are all horrible for reliable playback. MPC, GOM and VLC are the best, and add it with the CCCP codecs, I've never had any problem playing any file ever.

Move with the times. Upgrade.
I'm sure there are better programs for this, but I managed to remove (or make default) the first audio track. I used "Any Video Converter". It did degrade the quality a bit -- but it proves my point, that making the regular audio default is possible. If commentaries are wanted - then have that be the secondary audio option.

I would hope, if a grandmother was interested in Tokusatsu, she wouldn't be put off over an issue like this. (Or any other fan, really.) I tried that VLC - picture was very nice, but it ruined the audio with scratchy sounds every time it was paused. There is a reason WMP is the default for so many: it usually works. And would have worked here, if the commentary track wasn't default.

Thank you for your help. Sorry for the frustration.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>This is a commentary track on the audio. It is incredibly difficult to remove this and some people do enjoy hearing the actors/director talk, so we don't bother removing.

Actually, it's not hard to remove at all since it's its own separate track. I just like adding it as a bonus. If a video player plays all the audio tracks simultaneously, that's a flaw with the player, not our encoding. You probably should switch over anyway since when you watch our movies, you're going to be playing the surround sound track with the stereo track.
zeromaster
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Band: Blink 182
Quote: GAME START!

Post by zeromaster »

Is there a way to remove the commentary audio without having to convert it? I'd like to watch this and the DC of the gobuster movie on my xbox, but I can't change the tracks using xbox's player, it won't recognize the tracks
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, look online for program to demux it into the video and audio streams. Then you can use the program megui to mux it together again without the commentary track.
zeromaster

Post by zeromaster »

takenoko wrote:Yeah, look online for program to demux it into the video and audio streams. Then you can use the program megui to mux it together again without the commentary track.
Well I have avi demux but that still converts the video to a large .AVI file, I tried Yamb and mp4box and apparently according to them, there is no audio.

I was able to demux using mkvmerge but that turns the file into an mkv which also requires a convert to get back to .mp4

When I use this method I end up with an mp4 that 3x the size of the original file, this is why I'm trying to avoid converting. Any chance Megui demuxes? Can you recommend any mp4 demuxers?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, I wish I knew a good demuxer off the top of my head, but I really don't demux that often. I just know that Megui is useful for muxing since that's what I use.

This thread seems relevant: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/2855 ... ry-streams
zeromaster

Post by zeromaster »

takenoko wrote:Ah, I wish I knew a good demuxer off the top of my head, but I really don't demux that often. I just know that Megui is useful for muxing since that's what I use.

This thread seems relevant: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/2855 ... ry-streams
ah thank you. Seems I missed something in Yamb, trying this now, I hope it works
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You had the right idea with MKVmerge but you don't demux with it. What you're doing with MKVmerge is making the MP4 a MKV. You need MKVExtract to demux the audio track from an MKV.

Return to “Playback Help”