Random pixelation in video playback.

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Random pixelation in video playback.

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

For the past few months now (started about 1/4 of the way through Wizard), I've been having a weird problem with playing AVI videos (not just TVN subs). Usually happens on people's faces or other areas where you see more or less one solid color, and always when someone or something is moving, a large portion of the area will become blocky and pixelated. If I rewind the video and play that same shot again, it may or may not happen. I've been using MPClassic and CCCP on this same system with no changes to hardware or drivers. It just started one day and has plagued every video since. I had thought it was just the subs, something gone wrong with the 1080p encoding, but it also happens on the other encodes and on non-TVN videos as well, so I'm thinking something somewhere has gotten borked up with my system. The pixelation is extremely distracting and sometimes messes up the subs, meaning I have to rewind and play again to read what was being said. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Random pixelation in video playback.

Post by Lunagel »

Have you tried turning it off an on again?

Seriously though, have you uninstalled and reinstalled or tried a different player? Hard to tell if it's your system or your player if you don't test stuff out.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe your video card is dying.
Viresse
Boyz boyz boyz
Favorite series: Kyouryuu/Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Go-On/Blade Den-O
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: SS & KR
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Viresse »

As a note, CCCP last updated on August 01. Try updating if nothing else. It could be something that was fixed.
SS - Watched: Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Gokai, Go-Bus, Kyoryu, ToQ, Akiba 1&2... Watching: Go-On (42), Ninnin (20)
KR - Watched: Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim... Watching: Kiva (37), Drive (37)

XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Update the CCCP as said above

Or if you wish to try a sandbox approach, grab VLC, that has its own codecs built into the application, if it still does it after that, then you may have a problem elsewhere with the system
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Well, now I officially feel like an idiot. Should have thought about the codec. I did uninstall/reinstall MPClassic and CCCP when the problem first arose, but from older files I had stored on my thumbdrive. Didn't occur to me to check and see if the codec had updated. Everything seems to be working much smoother now. You'd think I wouldn't overlook such an obvious solution....
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

This is why tech support exists. :D
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Playback Help”