Kamen Rider Eternal movie Commentary Track

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Kamen Rider Eternal movie Commentary Track

Post by Impact »

Hey everyone. Seems I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never. I seem to having the same problem that Numba1shadowfan was having, where I have the commentary playing during the Eternal movie. I'm using Windows Media Player, the latest version. I can't seem to figure out how to shut off the commentary audio track. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kamen Rider Eternal movie released

Post by Lunagel »

Use a different player. GOM or MPC work better. WMP just doesn't have the right options.
Impact
7X
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Dairanger
Favorite Band: Gackt
My boom: Shio Ramen
Quote: "Dios no me ama!"

Post by Impact »

Lunagel wrote:Use a different player. GOM or MPC work better. WMP just doesn't have the right options.
Will do. Thanks much, Luna.
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

Well since the topic was raised, I'm going to ask this - not as a complaint or to "have a moan" I stress to make clear, but purely as a curious thought:

Why do you guys tend to include the commentary tracks in the first place? Obviously you don't sub the commentary so I can't imagine a lot of TV-N followers finding it to be of any use nor ornament. I hasten to add that I don't pretend to know much about how your DVD/Blu-ray ripping process works, but isn't it possible to include/exclude individual audio tracks when doing so?

I would genuinely like to try and gain even a little more understanding on the subject.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Because some people do enjoy the commentary track. Granted, it's not for most the people who download our subs, but it's an additive feature. No one is forced to listen to it since it's optional content
JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JustiFan »

A fair point I suppose; I guess I have no real way of knowing what one individual may enjoy in the package compared to another. Thanks for the response. :)
LordSpleach
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by LordSpleach »

Therm_Kitty wrote:
Numba1shadowfan wrote:You know it is a bit hard to watch the movie when there is COMMENTARY IN THE MOVIE, PLEASE RELEASE A HD VERSION WITH NO COMMENTARY IN THE BACKROUND, PLEASE IM BEGING YOU :cry:
Just turn it off. It's a seperate audio track, just switch to track 1.
???

Not everyone has advanced video players to switch tracks on download titles.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, that's your choice to make, I guess? Downloading a different video player isn't really that hard though.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

http://player.gomlab.com/eng/download/
http://mpc-hc.org/downloads/
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

All three are free, all three are very small to download and all three are able to switch audio tracks with a simple right-click selection.

I mean, sure, you can keep using shitty Windows Media Player but it seems silly to blame the file for not playing correctly when it's the player at fault.
LordSpleach
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by LordSpleach »

Just kinda weird that the file defaults to the commentary track when I never had that probably with your subs before, and even strange that you would include a commentary track with no subs. Not very inclusive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, it only defaults to the commentary track if you use a bad video player? It's not my fault your video player decides to play every audio track at once. Maybe you should write them a letter and tell them to fix their functionality.

It's not very inclusive in the sense that you want to be stubborn about which video player you use. I might be more sympathetic if you explained why you can't just simply use a different player. Did you not see Luna's post?

It's an extra option. It may affect others in a negative way, but only if they choose this for themselves. For people who want it, it's a bonus.
LordSpleach
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by LordSpleach »

I haven't look at them yet. Which one is the most accessible?

Also, while you guys are one of the better fansubbers out there(Most are stuck in the 80s mentality of subtitling), you don't have to be condescending asses(I'm being nice here) about it. Most people still look for fansubs on youtube or other vid streaming sites. I know you guys don't have to this, but if you treat enough people like shit, people will look elsewhere.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Personally I favor GOM but I think MPC is the most popular

I don't think takenoko's being an ass about it. He's telling you that the file isn't broken, the video player is. It's a very simple problem that takes less time to fix than you're arguing about. It's not condescending to ask you to use the most up-to-date software.
LordSpleach
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by LordSpleach »

Whether he means to or not, he is coming off as one. I'll try the MPC.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Eh, I'm very matter of fact in my approach to things. My only goal in this post is how to realistically address your problem. It isn't to make you feel stupid or small. Try rereading my post without assuming I'm being condescending. You'd be surprised by how often tone is lost over Internet communications.

Out of curiosity, what video player are you using?

Return to “Playback Help”