Need some advive regarding encoding from AVI to MPEG4

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
typhoon_2099
IXA
Favorite series: MagiRanger
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Need some advive regarding encoding from AVI to MPEG4

Post by typhoon_2099 »

I've been using mediacoder to convert tvnihon's subs to my sony ericsson w850 and it's handled the splash just fine. I converted to xvid and aac in an mp4 container and it looks excellent (very handy for boring days at work, lol). There is an option in the extensions menu for iPods so it should work just the same for iPhones as far as I know.
Aheda
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by Aheda »

Splash problem now fixed when I use my PC...

But when I run it on my iTouch... The audio plays too fast... and chipmunky. :roll:
Hexxman
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Hexxman »

for me this only happens with two series so far, with gaiking and now zoids genesis, i watch most things on my ipod touch, and convert using a program called jodix ipod video converter. and only those two series give me the audio video synch problems. weird isnt it. thankfully i can still watch kiva. gotta love it.
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

Thanks a lot typhoon_2099! It really works in my Sony Ericsson K530i too! I'm using Mediacoder 0.6.1 build 4150. Although it looks so small, but I'm satisfied...

So to convert AVI to MPEG using mediacoder, copy this xml code into your notepad, save it as an xml file (any name, ended with .xml) and load it as a preset.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MediaCoderPrefs><node key="overall.ui.optionTab" value="5"/><node key="overall.ui.param" value="680,640,172,64"/><node key="overall.ui.noWelcome" value="4150"/><node key="overall.audio.encoder" value="3GPP AAC+"/><node key="overall.video.format" value="XviD"/><node key="videofilter.scale.enabled" value="true"/><node key="videofilter.scale.width" value="211"/><node key="videofilter.scale.height" value="119"/><node key="videofilter.frame.fps" value="24000"/><node key="videofilter.frame.fpsScale" value="1001"/></MediaCoderPrefs>

Return to “Playback Help”