Problems with two series AVIs on Plex

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Problems with two series AVIs on Plex

Post by TorchWood »

I've set up a personal Plex server in order to play back television shows on my television shows. Most of the files play back OK, but I'm having trouble with the following:
  • Dengeki Sentai Changeman (Super Sentai - Season 9) - I can't even find the original torrents
  • GoGo Sentai Boukenger (Super Sentai - Season 30) - Encodes are apparently from 2007 - I've tried a random sampling of episodes.... no joy. It was when one of the "preview" slides in Plex showed up all pixelated that I started digging.
The problem isn't the resolution (these are Standard Definition 480 shows), but that when played back on Plex, they show extreme pixelization and audio/video out of sync. The funny part is that they play back time on VLC. I initially thought it was the AVI vs MP4 format, but when I checked some other series (Mirai Sentai TimeRanger, Garo Season 1, Tomica Hero Rescue Force, YuGiOh!), those series played back file. Any ideas on how to fix those video files for proper playback? I've tried both Handbrake and WinX AVI to MP4 converter. No joy.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Problems with two series AVIs on Plex

Post by takenoko »

I think that's just the way it was encoded. I vaguely remember a phrase of forgetting to use Packed Bitstream?

Have you tried opening the file in Virtualdub, setting the video to Direct Stream, and slicing off the splash? Sometimes that helps?
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to do that. Perhaps it would be great for a re-release. There is, however, a couple of problems:
* Kamen Rider Ex-Aid is starting up, and TV-Nihon's staff is working on the episode one issues
* Jyuohger is an active and popular series
* Garo Season One is an active project
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I don't have the DVDs for Boukenger, although that'd be a good candidate for Blu-ray if that ever comes out.

Return to “Playback Help”