HD playback woes

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Re: Decade 9 Released

Post by That Guy »

The HD releases are about 350 megabytes and quite larger in dimensions than the SD releases, though I can't get a specific number.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Decade 9 Released

Post by XIII »

SD res 704x396
HD res 1280x720

Everything is clearer in the HD version, but you do need a good pc to play them, please see playback support for further information
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
BlackKnightV
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

KR Decade 11 Released split

Post by BlackKnightV »

It seems that KR Decade 11 HD had some incompatibility issue. I'm unable to play this but no problem playing 1-10HD version. Anyone can advise or comment? Much appreciated. Thanks.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Re: KR Decade 11 Released split

Post by XIII »

BlackKnightV wrote:It seems that KR Decade 11 HD had some incompatibility issue. I'm unable to play this but no problem playing 1-10HD version. Anyone can advise or comment? Much appreciated. Thanks.

please check the CRC with rapidcrc, this will tell you if the file is corrupt, if the file is fine have you tried it in a different player
jedimax
7X

Re: HD playback woes

Post by jedimax »

Parts of the HD vid of Shinkenger 10, the picture goes wonky for lack of a better word and the sound cuts out completely.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

jedimax wrote:Parts of the HD vid of Shinkenger 10, the picture goes wonky for lack of a better word and the sound cuts out completely.
Ive just watched it and its fine

Please do a CRC check on the file you have using rapidCRC, if it passes then you have a problem with your codecs/player, if it fails then you need to download a new copy of the file
LigerFan
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by LigerFan »

Running on a Mac here.

Does anyone know what settings in the HD files changed between Decade 14 (which won't open) and 15 (which opens with no problems whatsoever) as well as Shinkenger 11 and 12? Further, is there any way I can change the existing file so it'll work or will we Mac users have to whine plead and beg for some kind PC user to change Decade 1 - 14 (imagine my surprise when I found out the recent 1-12 batch wasn't updated - whoops!) and Shnkenger 1 - 11?
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

@LigerFan, settings where changed a few weeks back following testing of new settings (see PS3 & 360 test thread)

previous encodes wont be re-encoded to fix the problem due to time limitations of the encoders

only shinkenger 2 got a re-encode as that did have a genuine fault with the audio

There is no way to fix the files without re-encoding as the issue is related to 64bit timecodes used by x264 which are not supported under certain programs (quicktime for one)

hope that answers your questions
Crystal Ranger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Crystal Ranger »

I'm having my own problem now for about a week. I use to be able to paly MPEG4 files no problem up until last week which was great for the HD files. However when trying to get another MPEG4 file that wouldn't play to play I tried to download K-lite and not only did it not go through but it appears to have removed at least one of the codecs I had that appears to have helped me to play MPEG4 files. A codec that I don't know what it is. Now my Windows Media Player won't play ANY MPEG4 files at all, yet DivX and Real Player will only play audio for it.

Yes, I have tried CCCP, but it won't download becasue of some "code 2 error" but all my DivX, Xvid, Real Player, and ffdshow codecs/programs are all up to date. AS far as trying that VLC program I saw I can't seem to download it properly because it only downloads a folder with a bunch of files none of which are the program itself or a file to install it with. Also as far as Medica Player Classic goes that won't work either because even it wouldn't play them.

ANYONE who can help I would REALLY be great and in your debt.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

Crystal Ranger wrote:I'm having my own problem now for about a week. I use to be able to paly MPEG4 files no problem up until last week which was great for the HD files. However when trying to get another MPEG4 file that wouldn't play to play I tried to download K-lite and not only did it not go through but it appears to have removed at least one of the codecs I had that appears to have helped me to play MPEG4 files. A codec that I don't know what it is. Now my Windows Media Player won't play ANY MPEG4 files at all, yet DivX and Real Player will only play audio for it.

Yes, I have tried CCCP, but it won't download becasue of some "code 2 error" but all my DivX, Xvid, Real Player, and ffdshow codecs/programs are all up to date. AS far as trying that VLC program I saw I can't seem to download it properly because it only downloads a folder with a bunch of files none of which are the program itself or a file to install it with. Also as far as Medica Player Classic goes that won't work either because even it wouldn't play them.

ANYONE who can help I would REALLY be great and in your debt.
first of all read this

http://tvnihon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2812

windows version of VLC is an exe (http://www.videolan.org/mirror-geo.php? ... -win32.exe) ill even give you a link to the exe to make it easier for you

linux version is a folder of the source code, this is probably what you downloaded

as i said over at HnT these are NOT XviD or DivX encodes therefore they wont play in Real Player or DivX Player, they also wont play in WMP as these players are not compliant with x.264 codec

Easiest way to get anything to play is to use VLC

MPC will only play files provided you have the Codecs installed, which is why we say download and install CCCP, K-Lite is not the best codec pack I've found, (http://67.159.45.251/cccp/Combined-Comm ... -09-21.exe) a direct link to the CCCP installer

ffdshow wont playback x.264 files as its not designed to play them

final note MPEG4 is just a container, any system can open them, its what the video is encoded with that makes it non-compliant with some players and the reason you need certain codecs which come with CCCP
Crystal Ranger
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Crystal Ranger »

THANK YOU!!

That direct link to VLC is all I needed as it plays them now. Like I said my WMP DID play them so I wouldn't say they won't but now it just stoped.

Either way I think you whole heartedly. I seriously owe you one. Let me know if there is anyway to repay the favor.

Return to “Playback Help”