HD Playback issues

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

HD Playback issues

Post by XIII »

Ok, so there have been some reports of the latest encodes not playing properly on the PS3 and XboX:360

I have some reporting fine playback

Others are reporting no playback at all

Just wanting to see how far a field this goes and how and what is affected,

Just so I can see if any differences can people list the firmware versions of their PS3 as well just to rule out any updates that may have snuck in under the radar

Also non windows people, any issues on your ends

Files reported not working on the PS3 and XboX:360

Shinkenger 44 HD
Shinkenger 45 HD
Shinkenger 46 HD
Shinkenger 47 HD
All Rider HD

(not sure if any other show has been affected)
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
Tenraisenpuujin
Adventure
Favorite series: Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Dreamy: Jasmine
Favorite Band: Belle&Sebastian
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Re: HD Playback issues

Post by Tenraisenpuujin »

I watched All Riders HD on my PS3 and some of the Shinkenger HDs on my 360 with no problems in either case, and I'm all caught up on system updates.
"Newbie, if the next two words out of your mouth aren't 'Chrono Changer,' the third's going to be 'oh my god. my crotch. you've DV Refreezered me in my crotch."
fudgeface
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by fudgeface »

Hello guys.
Well usually there are no problems whatsoever with HD releases but i indeed noticed some problems in ALL RIDER HD.

I am suprised our friend just above was able to watch ALL Rider on XBOX 360 because it would simply not be possible unless using Windows 7 and within Windows Media Center or another Upnp (DLNA) like ORB, Tversity wich actually transcodes.
Here are the reasons.

I had to "Fiddle" with the file to make it work for myself.

1. ALL RIder HD had 6 Channel (5.1 AAC Sound) . XBOX 360 does not support Multichannel AAC .. Only Stereo AAC is supported in the native "My Video Library" or "External storage".
The XBOX rejects the Multichannel AAC file with an Error "Unsupported format"
2. But in this case the file had another problem (Really small actually but with big efect).
It was encoded in "High Profile 4.1" -- XBOX 360 Supports "High Profile 4.0" as maximum.
The File and the Frames are fine and should playback, but The Xbox looks at this "Marker" to see the profile Level and if it sees higher then 4.0 .. Simply Opens the file as Black..
usually, you can use H264info.exe to simply "adjust" this profile level to a supported value, but for some reason, even this was not possible as H264info crashed specifically on this file.

So i ended up doing this : Reencoded the file to High Profile 4.0 in AAC Stereo and it plays flawlessly.. like the other usual files.

For extra SAFE Mp4 (H.264) files.. Use High Profile 3.1 (3 Mbps MAX) and Stereo AAC (256 Kbps Max).

Oh yeah: The PS3 should support these files with no problems having latest Updates (lucky for them).
Acroyear

Post by Acroyear »

Shikenger 44,45,46 and Kamen Rider VS Daishocker doesnt play on xbox 360 just shows black screen. But plays fine on PS3 system
amuro0093
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by amuro0093 »

Haven't tried Shinkengers but All Rider was fine in my PS3. My firmware is 3,15
JapzLapeno

Post by JapzLapeno »

My roommate is borrowing my 360 in his room and doesn't watch toku, so i don't know if i have issues on that system, but shinkenger 44-47 and All Riders work fine on my PS3. Firmware 3.15 streaming from my PC through WMP 11.
AncientLemurian
7X
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Daimon Rinko
Favorite Actor?: Takayama Yuko
My boom: Tetris

Post by AncientLemurian »

I tested Shinkenger HD 44-47 on my PS3. My system version is still 3.10, but will update soon.

Playback is 100%.

I will test on the 3.15 version and report again. I don't have All Riders HD yet, but I will try and test that one later on.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

The level has always been 4.1, so not sure why its suddenly being picky on the 360, unless they decided to tweak their playback system

Wasnt aware that xbox couldnt process 5.1 AAC, this seems abit shit when you would expect HD media players to be able to handle 5.1 with ease,

Seems like the xbox has developed a few new issues that I will have to look into, but it seems that compatibility with that system is becoming an issue

Any other PS3 user having issue getting this to play back
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Azazel wrote:Any other PS3 user having issue getting this to play back
Why are you asking? 100% of the PS3 people said they are not having any issues
DarkKiva
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Dreamy: -looks thru Book-
Favorite Actor?: Crispin Freeman
Favorite Band: Dir En Grey
My boom: Gackt?

Post by DarkKiva »

Azazel, didn't you say that you've tried working on the regular SD videos of Shinkenger and All Riders vs Daishocker to work for HD because that maybe the problem. I'm not saying you done something wrong with them, maybe the codec you've tried using isn't compatible with Xbox 360. The regular HD cappers that did episode 43 and before in HD has been working 100% no delay it works 100% but its only the recent HD episodes that you guys released in HD is that isn't compatible with the Xbox360. I just use the extender for Windows Media Player 11 I've tried using Tveristy and such but it wouldn't work for me and I'm running Windows XP and using the Windows XP version of TVersity.
I am the NEW Dark Kiva bow down to me!
Now Now fangirls you all will get a chance with teh Alucard! <3
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Azazel wrote:The level has always been 4.1, so not sure why its suddenly being picky on the 360, unless they decided to tweak their playback system

Wasnt aware that xbox couldnt process 5.1 AAC, this seems abit shit when you would expect HD media players to be able to handle 5.1 with ease,

Seems like the xbox has developed a few new issues that I will have to look into, but it seems that compatibility with that system is becoming an issue

Any other PS3 user having issue getting this to play back
For what it's worth, MediaInfo is reporting that all the problematic files were coded at level 4.2, not 4.1. If I go check Shinkenger 40 (the last "normal" one) then it shows as 4.1.

On the plus side, it looks like only dedicated hardware was broken. Linux (VLC) and Mac (Quicktime) are fine.
Nova_Draconus
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Byakko no Rangetsu
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Toujinshi Drives

Post by Nova_Draconus »

I've had some problems, might have just been my player, but every so often the images would pixelate and the playback would often lag and jump annoyingly.

As I said, might just be my player, but it dosn't do that for the SD files.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

takenoko wrote:Why are you asking? 100% of the PS3 people said they are not having any issues
Blame Triple M
DarkKiva wrote:Azazel, didn't you say that you've tried working on the regular SD videos of Shinkenger and All Riders vs Daishocker to work for HD because that maybe the problem.
Say what, that doesnt even make sense, Shinkenger comes from HD caps from HD TV, All Rider was from a Blu-Ray, so no idea what you mean by SD at all
DarkKiva wrote:I'm not saying you done something wrong with them, maybe the codec you've tried using isn't compatible with Xbox 360.
its the same codec, x.264/h.264, so unless microsoft have done something stupid (which is highly probable), I cant see it being an issue
DarkKiva wrote:The regular HD cappers that did episode 43 and before in HD has been working 100% no delay it works 100% but its only the recent HD episodes that you guys released in HD is that isn't compatible with the Xbox360.
I think it was after 43 that I switched encoding programs, I might have a stray setting, which is why I'm asking where the problem is lying at the moment, I've adjusted a setting in x.264 codec so it might be fine with the next one, its not an easy problem to find as for the most part it works fine on one system but the other isnt.
DarkKiva wrote:I just use the extender for Windows Media Player 11 I've tried using Tveristy and such but it wouldn't work for me and I'm running Windows XP and using the Windows XP version of TVersity.
no idea what that is meant to mean, is that some sort of streaming program for the xbox?
ViRGE wrote:For what it's worth, MediaInfo is reporting that all the problematic files were coded at level 4.2, not 4.1. If I go check Shinkenger 40 (the last "normal" one) then it shows as 4.1.
spotted that in the settings earlier this morning and have adjusted that, which is what I refer to above, guess PS3 can handle the slightly higher number but the xbox cant,
KivaWolf

Post by KivaWolf »

I can confirm that the episodes 44 thru 47 cannot be viewed... partially. Somehow I am only able to hear sound after about 10 - 15 seconds later but that is it. I simply used Windows Media in Win 7 to stream videos to my Xbox360.
Kabuto
Infinity

Post by Kabuto »

and i thought i’m the only one whos had palyback problem with All Rider HD since the first day i downloed it
i was waiting untill someone else confirm that to be general problem,
it’s sadly doesn’t work on my xbox360 and i had to convert the movie to watch it although it lost quality
:(

Return to “Playback Help”