HD Playback issues

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: HD Playback issues

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Rowen-Kei Kindly die in a fire.

Also please don't post just to advise that PS3 works. After plenty of people telling us that PS3 works we've got the message.

Please report only issues and error messages with playing the files so that we can better keep track to figure it out without scrolling through a lot of posts.

Thanks.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Goty
Adventure
Favorite series: Faiz/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Jetman

Post by Goty »

Since you guys changed the HD source for Shinkenger, i started getting some sort of video distortion with a few players (particulary WMP/Classic), but it works fine on VLC.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

which ep, we have several different cap sources so it would be helpful to know which eps you have had issues with
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

Az, I also noticed that since shinken 44 you havn't been including a chapter file in the mp4 anymore, also a fault of the switched encoding program?
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

nope, just forgot to XD
SpinelSun
Faiz
Favorite series: Kabuto,Decade,@DEEP
2nd Favorite Series: Magi,Deka,Shinken
Dreamy: Matsushima Hatsune
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by SpinelSun »

Too busy trying to inverse telecine the file to 23.976 when it has already been deinterlaced craply in the first place (field blending, which further complicates the IVTC since you don't have the original interlaced source anymore) to remember XD?
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Using Media Center and Windows Media Player I can't get any of the HD files for any of our shows or movies to play on XBOX360. SD shows up (subs get cut off though) and will work but HD does not.

Also I was PM'd with the following:

Rowen-Kei wrote:I was told from a encoding friend at work that anything HD ripped from BluRay, and not any other source doesn't work on 360. I don't know if that is true, or not but I thought at least you guys wanted to hear that piece of info, if you haven't already.

I tried stuff from other groups that don't use XviD and it seems none of their stuff will show either... apparently xbox doesn't like other formats?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>I was told from a encoding friend at work that anything HD ripped from BluRay, and not any other source doesn't work on 360. I don't know if that is true, or not but I thought at least you guys wanted to hear that piece of info, if you haven't already.

That wouldn't make any sense, unless there's some signal that are encoded in BluRay that is undetectable on any format but the Xbox. If they could prevent piracy so easily, why wouldn't they just make it so nothing could be played when HD ripped? Your friend probably just doesn't know what he's talking about
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

Has anyone who used their 360 to watch releases using the Optional Media Update on the XBOX Marketplace? Maybe that's why the sudden errors are coming up?
ImageImage
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Well takenoko it seems to be the truth. None of the HD releases will work on my 360 what so ever, but SD works.

And gunzy I haven't done that.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Well takenoko it seems to be the truth. None of the HD releases will work on my 360 what so ever, but SD works.
You're talking about something totally different than the claim since we've only encoded one Blu-Ray so far.

Plus other people seem to be able to play our HD releases fine, with the exception of recent releases
Kilibob
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fibonacci
2nd Favorite Series: Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: (Tenpin) Bowling
Quote: "Does history record any case in which the majority was right?" -LL via RAH

Post by Kilibob »

<there was a post here indicating that Kabuto doesn't play on my PS3 (via TVersity as the media server/auto-converter-when-"necessary") but after typing it all out and even proudly previewing it and even submitting it, only THEN did I notice the specific interest was with HD encodes. So...nothing to see here, move along, sorry for taking up space in the thread...>

(although if anybody knows more than nothing [my knowledge levels, approx.] about all of this and can help figure out why K won't play, I'm all about being helped out :wink: )
"No, no, no, don't tug on that. You never know what it might be attached to." -BB

"A zygote is a gamete's way of producing more gametes. This may be the purpose of the universe." -RAH
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

well I have found the cause of the issue anyway,

I had a slight error in the settings that the AVC level was at 4.2, seems XboX cant handle 4.2 where as the PS3 can

I have tweaked a few other settings to try and balance out the compatibility of the encodes on the devices
DarkRanger99
Infinity
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Favorite Actor?: David De Latour
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Post by DarkRanger99 »

Hey, I thought I was the only one! I tried Shinkenger 46 and 47 HD and they didn't work. Just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, I tried the Goseiger HD Promo, and that worked. Will there be re-releases of these episodes fixing these problems? Also, will future encodes be fixed as well?
20 Years and Counting!!!
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

future eps should be compliant, back eps for 45-47 wont, 41-44 if a new raw source appears, but no guraentees on anything

I might release a sample clip to see if my new settings work on the 360 tonight just to make sure before i encode a full ep of something

Return to “Playback Help”