HD Movies on the 360

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

HD Movies on the 360

Post by Ivanhobe »

Here´s a strange problem, though i don´t know if anyone else has it, usually i dowload HD files to play on my 360, but whenever i try to play a movie my 360 can´t reproduce them.

As far as i know my 360 updates are the latest, and when it comes to playing regular HD episodes i have no problem, but the when it comes to HD movies, particularly the chou den-o trilogy and W forever, my 360 shows me an error saying that the format is not supported, it is strange since i think i had no problem playing Movie Wars, so far only thos 4 movies cause troubles.

I usually play them from an USB device, but i have also tried with TVersity and it has the very same problem, hope you can help my to solve this.
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: HD Movies on the 360

Post by XIII »

the problem lies with the 360 itself, the 360 cant handle the 5.1 AAC audio that we use,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's why I think we should have a stereo track as the default audio for HD movies
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

I doubt that would fix the issue as the 5.1 track would still be there and the 360 would reject the file based on the unknown part,

this also would force stereo on people who prefer 5.1 as you would have to manually change to that stream, which is gonna annoy people, the best thing would be for Microsoft to actually fix the problem instead of sidestepping the issue
HyperRangerFinish

Post by HyperRangerFinish »

How are you getting videos on your 360?
Ivanhobe
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Den-o
Dreamy: Hana-san
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Mortal Kombat
Quote: "Shut up and eat an umaboshi!" - Inui Takumi

Post by Ivanhobe »

Thanks for the answers, now that i think about it, so far i haven´t been able to play any movie on my 360 that was obtained from a blue-ray rip, i imagine that most of those use the AAC audio codec, so it seems i can only hope microsoft fix it, certainly is the best option for them.
How are you getting videos on your 360?
Emm... i just copy the files to an USB drive, plug the memory into the 360 and go to My Xbox>My Video Library>Portable Device, the you just select the file and play it, though, in order for the 360 to recognize your memory, the USB drive must use the FAT32 format, not the NTFS, otherwise it will never detect your drive. You can simply change the format of your memory by formating it in any computer, just keep in mind that doing so will erase all the contents, so you better do a back up.

The other method is using a streaming server like TVersity, you can find tutorials for that, it is really easy.
XIII
The Conspiracy

Post by XIII »

Ivanhobe wrote:Thanks for the answers, now that i think about it, so far i haven´t been able to play any movie on my 360 that was obtained from a blue-ray rip, i imagine that most of those use the AAC audio codec, so it seems i can only hope microsoft fix it, certainly is the best option for them.
all our HD encodes use AAC, it just happens that the Blu-Ray rips use 5.1 audio instead of 2.0 audio and so far Microsoft havent been willing to update the 360 media abilities, possibly due to them wanting to introduce that in their next console which probably is in the pipeline at the moment

Return to “Playback Help”