Latest releases giving me trouble...

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: W, ToQger
Dreamy: Iwanaga Hiroaki
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Mayu
Favorite Band: AKB48
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Sailormoon Crystal
Quote: If you're determined to fight...let's see how strong you are.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Latest releases giving me trouble...

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

I just wanted to start off by saying I love you guys--I've been following TV-N since around Boukenger/Kabuto, and I've always loved the above and beyond you go to make the subs (on the action series at least) more than just the average. I currently use an Xbox 360 and a Portable HDD to archive and play your releases off of. The problem I'm experiencing I guess is this:

For all the toku that I get from you guys, I download the SD format--I'm not TOO big of a stickler for absolute quality when it comes to the broadcast eps and the like, as my HD tv renders it all just fine, and the detail is greath...However for specials, like the Sentai Vs or Movies, I prefer to get the HD version because usually everything about it is bigger (budget, quality, CG etc). So far, I've never had any problems with playback in HD or SD (I have most of OOO/Shinken/W in HD as well as their movies and they always play fine without fail) But on some of the newest of your HD releases (Gosei vs Shinken, W A-Z, Accel, OOO/W Core) I've tried downloading the HD versions on multiple occasions, and I always get an error message...the CRC check is fine as far as I can tell, and I don't change the filename--for now I've downloaded the SD versions of those, but is there any way to fix this issue? Again, thank you guys so much for all that you do =^.^=
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Latest releases giving me trouble...

Post by XIII »

The problem isnt with the file, its with the 360 itself, the 360 doesnt support 5.1 AAC audio, you may have to run a 3rd party transcoding program to play the files back on the 360,
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

So it's the 5.1 AAC audio, ka..? Hm. Well I don't have a computer or anything to hook it (the 360) up to, just my TV. Does that mean that I'll just have to use the SD versions from now on (if so, that's okay), or is there something I can use to transcode it so the MP4s will work, do you know?
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

you can transcode stream over your home network.

I think you can use http://tversity.com/ Im not sure how you would set it up to work, there is probably a few guides on the web on how to set it up
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I tend to include a stereo track. Are you unable to play it at all even with the multiple audio tracks?
DokiDoki Yukai
Adventure

Post by DokiDoki Yukai »

Yes, since I download the HD files from a computer at the local library (I have no computer of my own) so the only means of playback I have is the portable HD hooked up to the Xbox plugged into my TV. So if it's a program that involves a computer to actively stream, I'm afraid that's no good. But like I said before, it's no problem if I have to use the SD versions. At least I can watch it, and that's all that matters in the end ^.^

Return to “Playback Help”