Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
Post Reply
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 27843
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by takenoko » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Oh man, I god damn love Kabuto, and this brought it all back. Tendou and the other Riders.

That scene where Hiyori is on the hospital bed and Tendou is standing there, reliving the events of the meteorite hit is pretty moving. "Just reach out and grab her hand, you're right there"

I forgot about Hiyori looking at the photo and noticing that it has the same amulet that Tendou is wearing. Got to love those little epiphanies like that.

Man, Hiyori's actress really looks frail. She's such a good fit for this character.

The image of the broken Tokyo Tower is so great with the combination of Hiyori's death and the revelation that ZECT has betrayed humanity. This reality is a far removed one from the one where Tokyo Tower stands tall and Tendou is in control of everyone's fates.

Huh, rewatching the theatrical cut... it wouldn't be apparent why God Bless America is playing here. That's a weird thing to realize.

Oh man, the moment when Hyper Kabuto arrives in the past. That's so great. I don't think any Rider movie connects to the main TV show's plot in as fantastic a way. Truly a masterpiece.

And the end song is so fitting and beautifully sung. We didn't even know about Kamen Rider Skull at that point. Overall one of my favorite Rider movies.

Kamen Rider Portable
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Male: Yes
Quote: "To the age of digital technology"

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by Kamen Rider Portable » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:18 am

Quick Question: What's the difference between the Theatrical and Director's Cut and regular version? Isn't the Theatrical Cut the ones rereleased in Blu-Rays? This is just like the previous Kabuto Movie you guys released in 480p except this one's in 1080p right?

User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 7906
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Magiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by Lunagel » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 am

I've said it once before and I'll say it again. Kabuto is so badass that he can go fishing in a world without water and come back with mackerel on ice. You only wish you were half as manly as he is.

User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 27843
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by takenoko » Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:26 am

>What's the difference between the Theatrical and Director's Cut and regular version?

Regular version = theatrical cut. Difference is the director's cut has more footage.

>Isn't the Theatrical Cut the ones rereleased in Blu-Rays?

As it says on the front page, yes, this is the theatrical cut.

>This is just like the previous Kabuto Movie you guys released in 480p except this one's in 1080p right?

No, we went through and tweaked some lines and stuff. Plus the original Kabuto movie we released probably wasn't 480p.

Ça Va, Kabuto?

User avatar
squashy
Gabu
Posts: 326
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:00 am
Male: Yes
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by squashy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

I once watched the theatrical cut. Man the pacing is really worse than the director cut :(

Hyper zector goes back to the past where???
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

User avatar
HyperDrake
Gabu
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: BLADE
2ndFavoriteSeries: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by HyperDrake » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:26 pm

takenoko wrote:I don't think any Rider movie connects to the main TV show's plot in as fantastic a way. Truly a masterpiece.
>>> It could have been perfect. The problem is, in TV series, the one who handed child Tendo the belt was Tendo's father (Native) (watch eps 41, 13th min). In God Speed Love it was future Tendo who gave the belt to child Tendo. Based on this fact, God Speed Love is not canon.
Image

User avatar
XIII
The Conspiracy
Posts: 5569
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:10 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo
2ndFavoriteSeries: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z
Location: UK

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by XIII » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 pm

the simple answer is Time Travel, it screws up everything, re-writting the past is cool like that
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!

User avatar
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Double
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Contact:

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by Kamen Rider Raven » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

HyperDrake wrote:
takenoko wrote:I don't think any Rider movie connects to the main TV show's plot in as fantastic a way. Truly a masterpiece.
>>> It could have been perfect. The problem is, in TV series, the one who handed child Tendo the belt was Tendo's father (Native) (watch eps 41, 13th min). In God Speed Love it was future Tendo who gave the belt to child Tendo. Based on this fact, God Speed Love is not canon.
I'm pretty certain that GSL's canon status is pretty official. I'm usually a big stickler for Kamen Rider movie canon. But saying this movie is canon isn't as big of a stretch as trying to fit the first Decade movie into the series canon.
Image

User avatar
HyperDrake
Gabu
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: BLADE
2ndFavoriteSeries: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by HyperDrake » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:I'm pretty certain that GSL's canon status is pretty official. I'm usually a big stickler for Kamen Rider movie canon. But saying this movie is canon isn't as big of a stretch as trying to fit the first Decade movie into the series canon.
>>> GSL is canon...only in your personal illogical reasoning and perception. As much as I love GSL (one of my favorite KR movies), I still have to stay objective.
You are one of illogical few who're pretty certain that GSL's canon status is pretty official BECAUSE you either skipped or forgot about certain scene in the 41st eps, 13th minute of Kabuto TV series (Don't forget that TV series is the number one and most important reference for deciding the canon status). In that scene, Tendo explains that he got the belt from his native worm-mimicked father Kusakabe Soichi in the Shibuya ruins seven years before the Kabuto tv series timeline (you can see for yourself the footage of Kusakabe Soichi handing the belt over to teenage Tendo while present Tendo storytells).

For the purpose of dramatizing the ending of GSL, Toei ridiculously replaced the belt-handing-over scene completely. Contrary to the TV series, in GSL, instead of Kusakabe Soichi, we have future Tendo Souji (the main protagonist in GSL), as the one who hands the belt over to teenage Tendo in Shibuya ruins. This scene makes me feel completely dumbfounded. Why didn't future Tendo also hand over the Kabuto and Hyper Zecters along with the belt to teenage Tendo??? In TV series (41st eps, 13th min), Kusakabe Soichi ONLY handed over the belt because the Kabuto and Hyper Zecters haven't been completed seven years before the TV series timeline.
In TV series, the only times present Tendo Souji (present Kabuto) encounters future Tendo Souji (future Kabuto) is when the latter intervenes and gets involved in some of the former's battle. In TV series, there's no such thing as future Tendo Souji (future Kabuto) visits teenage Tendo Souji in Shibuya ruins 7 years before the TV series timeline.

>>> Anyway, never compare Decade series with other KR series or even use Decade series as analogy tool in deciding or considering the canon status of other KR series. As much as I love the inter-riders battle, Decade series is the most shameful and disgraceful in all of KR series (storyline wise), which purpose of creation is merely for commemorating and celebrating the 10th anniversary of Heisei era KR. Unfortunately, we'll probably see another Decade-like KR series in KR Heisei 20th, 30th and so on anniversary (this time with the episodes of alternate world of W, OOO, and Fourze, and so on and Den-O of course).

>>> Lastly, in my personal opinion, the only canon Heisei era KR movies (not contradicting the events/story in and goes along with their respective TV series) are:

- Agito (Project G4)
- Den-O (I'm Born! and Saraba Den-O Final Countdown)
Image

User avatar
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Double
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Contact:

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by Kamen Rider Raven » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:38 pm

HyperDrake wrote:
Kamen Rider Raven wrote:I'm pretty certain that GSL's canon status is pretty official. I'm usually a big stickler for Kamen Rider movie canon. But saying this movie is canon isn't as big of a stretch as trying to fit the first Decade movie into the series canon.
>>> GSL is canon...only in your personal illogical reasoning and perception. As much as I love GSL (one of my favorite KR movies), I still have to stay objective.
You are one of illogical few who're pretty certain that GSL's canon status is pretty official BECAUSE you either skipped or forgot about certain scene in the 41st eps, 13th minute of Kabuto TV series (Don't forget that TV series is the number one and most important reference for deciding the canon status). In that scene, Tendo explains that he got the belt from his native worm-mimicked father Kusakabe Soichi in the Shibuya ruins seven years before the Kabuto tv series timeline (you can see for yourself the footage of Kusakabe Soichi handing the belt over to teenage Tendo while present Tendo storytells).

For the purpose of dramatizing the ending of GSL, Toei ridiculously replaced the belt-handing-over scene completely. Contrary to the TV series, in GSL, instead of Kusakabe Soichi, we have future Tendo Souji (the main protagonist in GSL), as the one who hands the belt over to teenage Tendo in Shibuya ruins. This scene makes me feel completely dumbfounded. Why didn't future Tendo also hand over the Kabuto and Hyper Zecters along with the belt to teenage Tendo??? In TV series (41st eps, 13th min), Kusakabe Soichi ONLY handed over the belt because the Kabuto and Hyper Zecters haven't been completed seven years before the TV series timeline.
In TV series, the only times present Tendo Souji (present Kabuto) encounters future Tendo Souji (future Kabuto) is when the latter intervenes and gets involved in some of the former's battle. In TV series, there's no such thing as future Tendo Souji (future Kabuto) visits teenage Tendo Souji in Shibuya ruins 7 years before the TV series timeline.
True, but think of it this way. I know this is going out on a limb, but do we know that the belt that Tendou gave his younger self is the same one that he uses in the TV series? He gives his younger self the belt and tells him to protect Hiyori. He then disappears afterward. It's not that much of a stretch to say that the belt disappeared as well, not having the freaky time control powers as the Hyper Zecter. After all, we know the Kabuto Zecter in the series is the one native to this timeline whereas this timeline's Hyper Zecter was destroyed.

Again, it's a shot in the dark, but it makes more sense than Decade. And speaking of....
>>> Anyway, never compare Decade series with other KR series or even use Decade series as analogy tool in deciding or considering the canon status of other KR series. As much as I love the inter-riders battle, Decade series is the most shameful and disgraceful in all of KR series (storyline wise), which purpose of creation is merely for commemorating and celebrating the 10th anniversary of Heisei era KR. Unfortunately, we'll probably see another Decade-like KR series in KR Heisei 20th, 30th and so on anniversary (this time with the episodes of alternate world of W, OOO, and Fourze, and so on and Den-O of course).
I agree that Decade is terrible storyline wise...hence why I used it in my example. Saying GSL is canon is not as much of a stretch as trying to put All Riders into canon. Maybe if Decade episode structure wasn't done in a way that every episode immediately followed the previous one, then it would be easy to place, but as of now, there is absolutely no where to place it reliably. Which is a shame, because Decade had such potential...but I won't get into a rant about that here.
>>> Lastly, in my personal opinion, the only canon Heisei era KR movies (not contradicting the events/story in and goes along with their respective TV series) are:

- Agito (Project G4)
- Den-O (I'm Born! and Saraba Den-O Final Countdown)
Actually, unlike the two movies we've been talking about, both of W's movies are undoubtedly canon. Begins Night was the origin and was referenced in the cold open of the series. W Forever takes place between episode 44 and 45. In the beginning of 45, Shotarou even references the damage to Fuuto Tower. There's honestly nothing to debate there.
Image

User avatar
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 2929
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Male: Yes
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by Go-On Macaroni » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 pm

HyperDrake wrote:>>> Lastly, in my personal opinion, the only canon Heisei era KR movies (not contradicting the events/story in and goes along with their respective TV series) are:

- Agito (Project G4)
- Den-O (I'm Born! and Saraba Den-O Final Countdown)
Agito's movie can't be canon.
Reasons?

> The special that is linked with it, "A New Transformation", contradicts certain major events from the TV series such as how Shouichi obtains two forms and Hojo's thing that he finds out.

> Agito came out on January 28, 2001; counting the weeks till when the movie came out (which was on September 22, 2001) that would place it between episodes 34 and 35.
SpoilerShow
Agito and the group were fighting El of the Water from the end of 34 to the start of 35 so, I dunno how they could have fit a fight with G4 in-between there.
Also, Shouichi didn't get his final form until episode 43 yet, he has it in the movie. So, yeah...

User avatar
HyperDrake
Gabu
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: BLADE
2ndFavoriteSeries: KUUGA
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Quote: "Rotten branches weaken even a great tree."

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by HyperDrake » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 am

Kamen Rider Raven wrote:True, but think of it this way. I know this is going out on a limb, but do we know that the belt that Tendou gave his younger self is the same one that he uses in the TV series? He gives his younger self the belt and tells him to protect Hiyori. He then disappears afterward. It's not that much of a stretch to say that the belt disappeared as well, not having the freaky time control powers as the Hyper Zecter. After all, we know the Kabuto Zecter in the series is the one native to this timeline whereas this timeline's Hyper Zecter was destroyed.
>>> You are definitely beyond going out on a limb. Your assumption that there's a possibility that Tendo possessed TWO belts at one point in time at Shibuya ruins 7 years ago (one belt from Kusakabe Soichi as confirmed in TV series (41st eps. 13th min) and another belt from future Tendo as confirmed in GSL) only serves to confirm the fallacy of your reasoning.

FACTS:
1. In TV series (41st eps. 13th min), after receiving the belt from native worm-mimicked Kusakabe Soichi, teenage Tendo immediately wore the belt and escaped from the rubble before saving little Hiyori.
2. In GSL, after receiving the belt from future Tendo, teenage Tendo immediately wears the belt and escapes from the rubble before saving little Hiyori.
The two scenarios above are impossible to happen at one point in time unless one of them is alternate universe. In my personal opinion, the law is always the same, TV series holds the canon status before any other production (movies, specials, HBVs, or net movies). My point is, GSL could be considered canon ONLY IF Toei scrap the handing-over-the-belt-to-teenage Tendo-by-future Tendo scene and stay true to the TV series scene whereas native worm-mimicked Kusakabe Soichi as the one who handed over the belt to teenage Tendo.
Kamen Rider Raven wrote:W Forever takes place between episode 44 and 45. In the beginning of 45, Shotarou even references the damage to Fuuto Tower. There's honestly nothing to debate there.
>>> They say W Forever takes place between episode 44 and 45. I understand. But then, how do you explain the existence of Kamen Rider OOO helping out W in fighting Luna Dopant?? In OOO TV series, when Eiji has been able to transform into OOO for the first time, the Greeeds have been rampaging through Japan. Are you saying that at one point in time, Japan have two legions of monsters (Dopants/the Museum/NEVER on the one hand and Yummies/Greeeds on the other hand) planning to destroy it??? Why W did not encounter any Greeeds/Yummies in W TV series??? Why OOO did not encounter Dopants/the Museum/NEVER in OOO TV series??? Why W did not help out OOO in OOO TV series??? Why OOO did not help out W in W TV series??? Are you saying that they're only allowed to help out each other in movies??!! I only consider W Forever as canon production storyline wise ONLY IF Toei scrap the introduction scene of OOO/ OOO vs Luna Dopant scene.

Last but not least, most KR movies have the tendency to confuse some group of people who don't possess good enough logic and reasoning skill. Please refer to the TV series first as number one reference and consideration to decide whether secondary production (movies, special, HBV, net movies, etc.) are canon.
Image

User avatar
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:01 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Double
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Contact:

Re: Kabuto God Speed Love HD release

Post by Kamen Rider Raven » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:45 am

HyperDrake wrote:
Kamen Rider Raven wrote:True, but think of it this way. I know this is going out on a limb, but do we know that the belt that Tendou gave his younger self is the same one that he uses in the TV series? He gives his younger self the belt and tells him to protect Hiyori. He then disappears afterward. It's not that much of a stretch to say that the belt disappeared as well, not having the freaky time control powers as the Hyper Zecter. After all, we know the Kabuto Zecter in the series is the one native to this timeline whereas this timeline's Hyper Zecter was destroyed.
>>> You are definitely beyond going out on a limb. Your assumption that there's a possibility that Tendo possessed TWO belts at one point in time at Shibuya ruins 7 years ago (one belt from Kusakabe Soichi as confirmed in TV series (41st eps. 13th min) and another belt from future Tendo as confirmed in GSL) only serves to confirm the fallacy of your reasoning.

FACTS:
1. In TV series (41st eps. 13th min), after receiving the belt from native worm-mimicked Kusakabe Soichi, teenage Tendo immediately wore the belt and escaped from the rubble before saving little Hiyori.
2. In GSL, after receiving the belt from future Tendo, teenage Tendo immediately wears the belt and escapes from the rubble before saving little Hiyori.
The two scenarios above are impossible to happen at one point in time unless one of them is alternate universe. In my personal opinion, the law is always the same, TV series holds the canon status before any other production (movies, specials, HBVs, or net movies). My point is, GSL could be considered canon ONLY IF Toei scrap the handing-over-the-belt-to-teenage Tendo-by-future Tendo scene and stay true to the TV series scene whereas native worm-mimicked Kusakabe Soichi as the one who handed over the belt to teenage Tendo.
Hmm. I'll have to go back and watch the series again. I thought he was given the belt sometime after Shibuya. Though the whole outcome of GSL was basically "Hyper Kabuto goes back in time and causes the events of the series." Perhaps is just a small example of bad storywriting, but the intention is still there.
Kamen Rider Raven wrote:W Forever takes place between episode 44 and 45. In the beginning of 45, Shotarou even references the damage to Fuuto Tower. There's honestly nothing to debate there.
>>> They say W Forever takes place between episode 44 and 45. I understand. But then, how do you explain the existence of Kamen Rider OOO helping out W in fighting Luna Dopant?? In OOO TV series, when Eiji has been able to transform into OOO for the first time, the Greeeds have been rampaging through Japan. Are you saying that at one point in time, Japan have two legions of monsters (Dopants/the Museum/NEVER on the one hand and Yummies/Greeeds on the other hand) planning to destroy it??? Why W did not encounter any Greeeds/Yummies in W TV series??? Why OOO did not encounter Dopants/the Museum/NEVER in OOO TV series??? Why W did not help out OOO in OOO TV series??? Why OOO did not help out W in W TV series??? Are you saying that they're only allowed to help out each other in movies??!! I only consider W Forever as canon production storyline wise ONLY IF Toei scrap the introduction scene of OOO/ OOO vs Luna Dopant scene.
Easily. OOOs and W take place in two different places. Also, W's movies are canon only to the W timeline. And last I checked, a Kamen Rider series doesn't always have to be canon to another series. OOOs appearances are canon to W's timeline, but not OOOs. That's evident in Movie War Core. W referenced meeting OOOs before, but as we know, MWC is completely out of canon from OOOs timeline, while staying in canon with W. It's confusing, yeah. But OOOs appearance in W Forever doesn't make it any less canon. And given what you say next.....
Last but not least, most KR movies have the tendency to confuse some group of people who don't possess good enough logic and reasoning skill. Please refer to the TV series first as number one reference and consideration to decide whether secondary production (movies, special, HBV, net movies, etc.) are canon.
......by your logic, the W movies are undoubtedly in canon given that they're referenced in the TV series itself.

Anyone who says that GSL is canon doesn't say so because they lack logic or whatever. They do so because that's what the movie presents. Perhaps they meant for it to be an AU, perhaps they didn't. I get what you're trying to say. However, what I'm saying is that the majority of people I've talked to have accepted GSL as a prolouge of sorts to the TV series. They see what Toei was trying to do for the most part, even if they weren't perfect in doing so.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Kamen Rider Kabuto”